ViceRegent
STeveisCoCoL

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

Con
IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
STeveisCoCoL

Pro

we don't. we have the glory of this thing called discussion. we can take ideas and discuss them with other humans to find what idea makes the most sense. how do you know that your senses are invalid? I am going to assume that you area christian and believe in creationism, the bible and Christianity as a whole relies on faith. by saying that our senses and reason are "invalid" you've just shot yourself in the foot. the bible relies solely on faith. something that cant be proven or disputed. how do we know that your faith is valid. at least atheists try to prove their beliefs before telling everyone.

Now to answer your question in a more detailed fashion. you say that atheists "love to live under the delusion" keyword "delusion" you also say that atheists are "ignorant". you want to talk about ignorance? the bible was made thousands of years ago. you blindly follow its passages. i would like to ask you what sect of Christianity you are in (again i'm assuming that you are a member of Christianity) we claim to know fact from fiction the same way Christians do. we have faith in the ideas that we have made and supported. in Christianity you have faith in the ideas that are given to you. faith in the leaders of you church. how is that any different from atheism. they are having faith in other things. i ask you, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY christian CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION? if you say that atheists " how you know your senses and reason are valid" then how do you know your faith is right or wrong? you cannot prove Christianity, and you said that atheists could be wrong. and by using you same logic i ask you, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY christian CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?
ViceRegent

Con

I appreciate pro admitting that atheists have no rational way of knowing truth from fiction, which means they literally know nothing. He has conceded the issue. I win.

But I point out that since he has no way of knowing truth from fiction, my answer would be lost on him. He is like the children who is struggling with basic math because he denies the existence of the number line demanding a calculus professor prove the theorems of calculus. Sure, the professor could do it, but why bother when the child has no way of evaluating the truth of the professors proofs.

Thanks, but no thanks, the doctors in the psych ward do not prove their claims to the mentally ill patients. It is not that they cannot. It is just a waste of time.
STeveisCoCoL

Pro

the point of my debate was not to prove that atheists can prove themselves, ( it would have taken over the 2000 word limit and more than 24 hours to think about you set both as a limit. I get the 2000 words kind of but why 24 hours man.) but that you Christians) can not. there is no real way to compare science and religion. on is based on the findings of the world as a whole, the other faith in a book and its teachings. atheists beliefs will change. Christians wont. (if they stay Christian). now last round I was being respectful and not offensive. but as you didn't understand my point, I will be blunt. you question was "How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction? " you support for this was a stereotype of "the amazing atheist" and other similar folk. (most atheist aren't like this. only the vocal ones) "how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction." was your support for the claim that atheist have no clue what there talking about. (basically) you entire case was based around the stereotype that all atheists are fat slobs that live on their computers and all they do is talk s**t. and this is completely wrong. most atheist are normal people. there are crazy Christians like those in the Westbrooks Baptist church. do you want me making the assumption that ALL Christians are like this? because that's what you did with atheists. Your case what about finding the difference between fact or fiction. and that our " judgment might be wrong" atheists have the entire world to prove their ideas. Christians have a book written over 2000 years ago. if anyone's judgment is wrong it is the Christians. if this were about evolution we have evidence of that. how the planet was made we are seeing it happening half way across the universe. we have evidence Christians have a book. we have the smartest people in the world proving our ideas. not just our own judgment.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Left foot in left shoe..It feels good... Truth or fiction..
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
I don't know why anybody accepts these debates. This is not even a debate proposal. There's no resolution that one could defend or refute. There's no question up for debate such that Pro could answer, "Yes," and Con could answer, "No." I would suggest that before anybody accept this "debate," that ViceRegent actually proposes it in such a way that it's a real debate. He could do that in one of two ways. Either he could (1) make the resolution say, "Atheists rationally do not know truth from fiction, " or (2) he could pose it as the question, "Do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?" Unless he does that, nobody should accept this "debate" which is not really a debate.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Posted by kikiki 1 year ago
kikiki
AW GODDAMIT MAN! Will you stop?!