CosmoJarvis
Josheisme

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

Josheisme has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

CosmoJarvis

Pro

Pro (myself) argues that atheists do rationally know truth from fiction, while Con argues that atheists live under the delusion that there is no God, and that their logic on why there is no God is completely wrong.

Rules:

1) Use proper grammar and sentence structure. Please look over your arguments before posting them to make sure that you didn't accidentally make a grammatical mistake or use malapropism.
2) Do not troll or use insults as your argument.
3) Please be very clear and specify on what you're discussing. Explain a point in detail so that commentators and voters can understand what you're trying to say.
4) Using comments to expand on your argument is not allowed.
5) Though this is nothing more than a recommendation, please use valid sources to back your points. Trying to support your argument with things like qualitative data without giving a source which backs your claim may lead people to suspect that your evidence is false.

Rounds:
R1: Acceptance
R2: Main Argument
R3: Rebuttals/Conclusion (Please do not add any new arguments in Round 3)

--------------------------------

"IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?
Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.
If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.
if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate." -Vice Regent
Josheisme

Con

I accept the debate challenge
CosmoJarvis

Pro

Definitions:
Logic- the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference. [1]

Argument:
The things we refer to as "logic" can be proven by a number of ways with methods. “If, and only if, theory X is true, then you will observe Y."

For example, the idea of atoms possessing negative particles, that we refer to as electrons, was completely unknown before J. J. Thompson's Cathode Ray Experiment. Cathode Ray Tubes are vacuum tubes with a glowing neon beam of light flowing through it. Cathode ray tubes are being used to this day, particularly for signs hung on shops. Thompson put the positive side of a magnet on the cathode ray tube, and noticed that the light curved towards the magnet. He then put the negative side of the magnet on the tube and saw the light curve away from the magnet. From that, he came to the conclusion that the light was negatively charged, and thus the idea of electrons were born!

1) http://www.dictionary.com...
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by JSMG 1 year ago
JSMG
Well, as you saw, I'm currently debating him and just made a new point. Could you please tell me if I did a good job at that debate
Posted by JSMG 1 year ago
JSMG
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
It'd be a pleasure to debate with you.
Posted by I_Believe_in_God 1 year ago
I_Believe_in_God
I don't mind accepting. I'm not a presupper but I'll argue something along the line you put as the thesis.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
No, this debate is not a troll debate.
It's a debate which shall be conducted in a sophisticated and respectful manner. However, this is supposed to make fun of ViceRegent and his numerous debates on the question "How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?"