ViceRegent
Iacov

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
Iacov

Pro

I'm just gonna start doing this now.
ViceRegent

Con

Sorry, I wasted enough time on you already.
Iacov

Pro

How do you know?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Left foot in left shoe..It feels good... Truth or fiction..
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
At least Zaradi has admitted that atheists have no rational way to know truth from fiction, making him utterly ignorant. This is why no rational personal can be an atheist. But the mentally ill can with seemingly no problems.
Posted by Debatortron 1 year ago
Debatortron
If logic cannot get you to A then you just contradicted yourself and there is no argument. You are invalidating perception if that is the case. That means that you don't even perceive the snow on the ground.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Posted by Zaradi 1 year ago
Zaradi
Ooookay calm down man. Just trying to talk with ya.

I'm not sure how we know that anything is objectively true. To understand something is true is to make logical steps to say that something is true. Obviously logic isn't objectively true because logical fallacies exist - logical syllogisms can be sound yet untrue. But it not being objectively true doesn't mean that we shouldn't use it where we can.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
logic is absolute, sense is logic.. cause and effect
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
No, I meant exactly what I said. Please stop playing stupid games.

Does something have to make sense to you to be true?

And are the rules of logic objectively true? How do you know?
Posted by Zaradi 1 year ago
Zaradi
First, not an atheist so chill out brah xD

Second, I think what you're trying to say is that you've never seen an atheist use logic that you agree with. I'm pretty sure that atheists are perfectly capable of doing basic addition.

Third, I'm not sure your "logic cannot get you to A" example makes sense, or at least it doesn't make sense in the way you've explained it. Whenever people say that "A is true" it means that A is something we can observe or is something we know/believe to be true. A doesn't require logic to arrive at - it's the starting place of the train of logic. Think of the "If there is snow on the ground, then it has probably snowed recently. There is snow on the ground. Therefore, it has probably snowed recently." example. Of course if you're looking to challenge whether or not A is actually true (that snow being on the ground isn't an indicator that it has snowed recently), that's another train of thought entirely. But even that alternate train of thought has a presumed A starting point. Where most debates of logic occur is either in between A and B or at the conclusion of B itself.

So when you say that we can't justify our thoughts with logical trains of thought it gets kind of confusing to think about how one justifies anything. Even saying that God determines moral truth requires logic to come to that conclusion (i.e. A - If God exists, then He determines what is true. B - God exists. C - Therefore, He determines what is true). But if we can't use logic and reason to justify our beliefs, then I'm not sure how anyone justifies anything.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Zaradi, I have never met an atheist that used logic. And while logic can get you from A to B, it cannot get you A. You people need to stop being so deluded and narcissistic and get some education.
Posted by Zaradi 1 year ago
Zaradi
Wait, so if we can't use logic to determine what is true or false, then how does anyone, not just specifically atheists, determine truth? That's the epitome of "it makes sense if you don't think about it".