ViceRegent
Jedd

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

Jedd

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheist know truth from fiction?
Jedd

Pro

Science is the truth. 1+1=2 is true. The theory of gravity is real. These are backed up with adequate irrefutable evidence, can be tested, experimented, repeated with the exact same results, and it applies to anyone, anything, anywhere, a universal fact that isn't biased or faked in any way.

Talking snakes are fiction. An invisible non-existent man is fiction. Spiderman is fiction. Anything which isn't backed up with adequate irrefutable evidence, can be tested, experimented, repeated with the exact same results, and it applies to anyone, anything, anywhere, a universal fact that isn't biased or faked in any way to suggest it is true is either a hypothesis or fiction.
ViceRegent

Con

Do these unreasoning animals really not understand the Q I am asking? I am not asking for question begging examples of things they claim are true or false, but how they know what they claim is true is actually true and how what they claim is false is actually false. If they are unable to understand, let alone answer this Q, they should not respond. I will give this tool one more chance.
Jedd

Pro

The truth is backed up with adequate irrefutable evidence, can be tested, experimented, repeated with the exact same results, and it applies to anyone, anything, anywhere, a universal fact that isn't biased or faked in any way.

Anything which isn't backed up with adequate irrefutable evidence, can be tested, experimented, repeated with the exact same results, and it applies to anyone, anything, anywhere, a universal fact that isn't biased or faked in any way to suggest it is true is fiction.

I just find your ignorance hilarious!
ViceRegent

Con

This unreasoning animal has got to be putting me on. No one can be this obtuse, or can they?

Cow, answer this question: I rationally know truth from fiction because ____________________?

Now what he is trying to say but is too uneducated to say is that his senses tell him what is truth and that senses are confirmed with further testing, which is confirmed by my senses. In other words, ghis know truth by his senses and that his senses are true based on his senses, which is circular reasoning, which is not reasonable.

God is right, they are fools.
Jedd

Pro

Let's play the mean game, shall we?

How are you going to understand what I say if you don't even have a brain? Are you really 46 years old? An old obese man gorging on pizza everyday seems so smart. Get a life, you lonely bastard.

Just because your mental faculty can't solve subjective questions doesn't mean I have to do it for you. What are you, a retard? Everything done for you all your life? What job do you have rather than here insulting everyone you see and losing every debate you have? After 42 debates, your grand percentile of winning is...7%!

Now what are you trying to say? My senses are true based on my senses? Just because your brainpower is comparable to a Neantherdal's, doesn't mean you should rant like this! Let me define every word for you.
Test: a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use.
Experiment: a scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact.
Repeat: do (something) again, either once or a number of times.
Understand? Or do you need some Peter and Jane reading exercises?Oh, you've wet your diapers, time for a nappy change!

What's circular reasoning is that your Bible is right because God says so, and God is right because the Bible says so. Well, isn't it so cute to see those lowly species believing in talking snakes and donkeys!

It beholds me to see there is still a species of ViceRegents out there! Natural selection, do your thing!
Posted by CodingSource 9 months ago
CodingSource
Max.Wallace is at least better than ViceRegent.
Posted by Jedd 9 months ago
Jedd
We think with our brains.
Posted by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
How do theists rationally know truth from fiction?
Posted by Jedd 9 months ago
Jedd
@IamUK21 Well then, that means all theists are addicts too! Talking snakes and donkeys! Where's your rationality in that? And you've got that right, we atheists think critically and decide whether something is true or not based on evidence. That is miles closer to intellect.

The only delusional, are those who are scared of facing the truth, the truth that there is no heaven, there is no eternal bliss, there is no immortality, the truth that you are going to cease to exist once you die, so they make up lies to comfort themselves. There is no evidence of heaven, it reeks of lies. Don't you see? An eternal paradise, in the sky, living with God, what better way to comfort yourself than this delusion? Deep in your heart, though you may not admit it, there is some voice called 'reasoning'. It's telling you 'what is heaven is fake?' And you choose to ignore it. 'Shut the damn up. Heaven is real. The Bible says so.' Get real and live life like you should, you don't want to finally listen to reasoning only in the last moments of death.
Posted by Sciguy 9 months ago
Sciguy
So what Pro is saying is this; reality is fiction! It cannot be proved nor disproved by science in anyway but only explained with an opinion and something that everyone can agree is true.
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
vi_spex
addict=theist
theist=atheist
Posted by IamUK21 9 months ago
IamUK21
What if that atheist was an addict
He would have no rationality.
Atheist tend to be more comprehensive of facts
Via intellectualism.

The only delusional are those who beleive false sense of security and hope in a world of demise.
Posted by Jedd 9 months ago
Jedd
Indeed they would!
Posted by canis 9 months ago
canis
I am 125 ft. tall. An atheist would measure me. A theist would say ...Ohh my god..
Posted by Jedd 9 months ago
Jedd
Finally!
Vote Placed by squonk 9 months ago
squonk
ViceRegentJeddTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had very poor conduct, spewing irrelevant insults since Round 2: unreasoning animal, tool, obtuse, fool, cow. Not very polite! But Pro stooped to Con's level in Round 3. Therefore, conduct is TIED. Pro gave a coherent definition of "truth" and "fiction" and explained how an atheist can tell the difference between the two. Con kept repeating the original question, insisting that Pro hadn't understood it properly. But, Con never bothered to clarify the question or elaborate on any part of it. Points to PRO for more convincing arguments. Spelling and grammar is TIED. No sources were used.