ViceRegent
BenJWasson

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

BenJWasson

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheist know truth from fiction?

And please do not respond if you have responded before or if you admit you have no way of rationally know truth from fiction, or if you believe you make up your own reality, or if all you have is "science", for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because circular reasoning is not rational.
BenJWasson

Pro

First of all, you don't have the right to say what a general group of people think without having met them all.

Second of all, like a comment said, to say that we can't use sense and reason in an argument about rationale is absurd. Completely absurd. However, I accept anyway.

Atheism is simply not believing in a god, or higher power.

Just because one may not believe in a higher power does not mean that one knows everything about oneself.

Time ago, most of Mankind believed the Earth to be flat.

With simple science, and a hint of common sense, some people were able to think of a theory. Gravity, orbiting the sun, the Earth is spinning, etc. The thing is, before that, man didn't know. Key words - didn't know.

See, atheists may not completely know truth from fiction, as nobody knows truth from fiction. There will always be things to discover, whether it be space, life, or anything, really.

But believing in a book made up way after humankind existed is far from rationality. I would much rather trust my gut than trust a book with about as much truth in it as The Chronicles of Narnia.

ViceRegent

Con

Why do you atheist fools accept a debate which asks you to tell us how you rationally know truth from fiction and then admit you have no idea how to tell truth from fiction. Another fool has wasted my time. I win.
BenJWasson

Pro

"i win"

lol, let's see how the results actually pan out.

also, the topic is "how". not "do". so i don't have to prove that i do rationally know truth from fiction, because that isn't the topic. dumbass.

finally, nobody rationally knows truth from fiction. it isn't limited to atheists. you especially don't know truth from fiction, following god and all, but that's your belief.

god says to eat your children, honestly i'm happy i wasn't sucked into his spiral at a young age, like you. kbye
ViceRegent

Con

Notice how these fools day it is truth that no one knows truth from fiction? They are madly in love with cognitive dissonance.
BenJWasson

Pro

Explain to me how you know truth from fiction, and how I have cognitive dissonance.
ViceRegent

Con

Running? Red herring? I win.
BenJWasson

Pro

BenJWasson forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Pro

sure ya do.
Posted by SNP1 9 months ago
SNP1
VR, Envisage kicked your sorry little *** in the debate. You ran like a coward (forfeiting twice) and never actually addressed his argument(s).

This says a lot more about you then your pathetic attempts at "debates" says about atheists.
Posted by klaralein 9 months ago
klaralein
Still waiting for VR to actually win one of his many debates of this topic. And not just due to the other forfeiting.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
Still waiting for one of these intellectually amazing atheists to tell me how they know truth from fiction rationally?
Posted by Bennett91 9 months ago
Bennett91
Leave it to a theist to question the epistemology/methodology of athiests while having no clue of how they'd prove their own knowledge claims. It'd be ironic if it wasn't so common.
Posted by FaustianJustice 9 months ago
FaustianJustice
... "After all, he says I was and that ends the debate" ... you are aware that your debates with other people whom have discussed and enumerated the very concepts I outlined are public, right? I voted on some of them. MissMedic, as I recall got into a discussion with you about it, are you wanting a link to it? " "You were answered when someone said they rationally know truth from fiction by autonomous reflexive action" if I have to sum it up for you.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
More putative truth claims from a dude who cannot tell me how he rationally knows truth from fiction. But, hey, if he insists I was answered, I must have been. After all, he says I was and that ends the debate.

I would think he would simply say "You were answered when someone said they rationally know truth from fiction by_______________". But nope, he just blathers on.
Posted by FaustianJustice 9 months ago
FaustianJustice
"Well, at least he confirms he cannot tell me how my Q was answered." --- by you demonstrably having no standard of objectivity it was answered. By firm grounding in reasonable practice with no deference to the metaphysical it was answered. By example of reasoning being reflexive to an intellect it was answered. And in each one of these, rather than correct your question, or give an example as to how YOU think it works (and of course thus opening yourself up for criticism), you simply shake your head and cast petty insults.

Or get ADD and spout 4 posts in a row.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
No, can we have some atheist answer the Q? Thank you.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
And this no matter how awesome he, in his delusional and narcissitic, state seems himself as being.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
Given this, his truth claims become irrelevant.
Vote Placed by klaralein 9 months ago
klaralein
ViceRegentBenJWassonTied
Reasons for voting decision: While pro had a forfeiture, he/she was the only one to provide an argument. Conduct goes to Con for the forfeiture on pro's part.
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
ViceRegentBenJWassonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture