ViceRegent
DrRisen

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
DrRisen

Pro

I made mistake of accepting your challenge too quickly, before I had thoroughly read through your argument. Rationality and rational thinking requires reasoning, and being unable to use your senses and thinking to interpret things denies literally anyone the ability to answer your question. You could ask Christians the same question and it would be impossible to answer. Its a Catch 22.

Perhaps someone other than me will have more time and patience to fully analyse your question and have a full debate with you, but unfortunately I for one do not have the time nor patience to do so.

With all due respect, I forfeit the debate and apologize for wasting your time. I hope you can forgive my mistake.

P.S. I'm actually a Christian, so technically I wasn't supposed to accept the challenge in the first place. I just thought you deserved to know.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
memory vs bible.. truth wins