ViceRegent
DragonChampion

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ANSWERS, GO AWAY.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
DragonChampion

Pro

Re-posting this debate over and over again, so many times, is indicative of mental illness.

Obviously you are not very secure in your belief that atheists are not "the guardians of rationality." Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to reassure yourself so frequently by rehashing this debate, ad infinitum.

What is it about atheism that you find so frightening?
ViceRegent

Con

Another atheist loser steps up to the plate and fails to demonstrate how atheists know reality from delusion, but his mental illness will not allow him to see his own faults and so he loses the debate.
DragonChampion

Pro

I'm actually a Christian; not an atheist.

I assume there's no use pointing out to you that atheists are no less capable of knowing reality from delusion than us Christians?
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
As a Christian, this was an odd one. I'm not sure what this guys religion is if he has one but his views and approach certainly don't represent mine. WWJD
Posted by elikakohen 1 year ago
elikakohen
Actually - you can.. And I am kinda annoyed with the guy that accepted it - in bad faith.

As a Theist, I would have been more than happy to defend the rationality of atheism. Since Atheists don't seem to be able to do it properly. ... I mean seriously, the heckling doesn't help the atheistic point-of-view.

After all, if it's a baby-seal, might as well club it properly ... :D
Posted by DragonChampion 1 year ago
DragonChampion
You can't debate with crazy.
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
How does the double slit experiment doesn't point towards reality being an illusion. It shows light moves in a wave pattern.
Posted by Eye0pener 1 year ago
Eye0pener
You cant. Actually there is evidence reality is an illusion. Double slit experiment is a good example
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
How could you argue that reality is knowable?
Posted by Eye0pener 1 year ago
Eye0pener
Athiest
Posted by Samwise1086 1 year ago
Samwise1086
Need to know your religious view point before I can accept
Posted by Eye0pener 1 year ago
Eye0pener
I would except this debate, however it sounds to me that you are not going to welcome an argument the way you've described rationality. Simply facts are logic and no way to prove something or even support an idea of something is irrational to fallow.
Posted by Eye0pener 1 year ago
Eye0pener
Thats rather irrational to say.