ViceRegent
Chuck38437822

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
Chuck38437822

Pro

Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
I don't think so. That doesn't mean everyone thinks like me but I would argue that they don't
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Stconrerap they contradict each other often which is why people feel that you have to pick one or the other.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Megantt: I'm a Christian and I'm all for science, Its amazing what people can do. I don't think that science takes away from God or visa versa. I believe they go together just fine. Christians shouldn't be against science, there's no reason to be.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I kissed a girl, (truth)....No science... But true..Only because there was a girl.
Posted by megantt 1 year ago
megantt
The rules for this debate is invalid. Science does not rely on one's own senses and reason, science relies on testing ideas with evidence gathered from the natural world. If you take away science as a supporting argument, all you are left with is your own reason- which is invalid in even trying to distinguish truth from fiction.

Secondly, how do Christians know fact from fiction? Is it by means of "praying" to your God and your subconsciousness creates an illusion that this "higher being"has answered you? And then all of a sudden that makes your God true, although there is more evidence against the existence of God than for it.

You Christians are so blind to science. You think that your God is always right and science can't prove anything. Well guess what, that makes you blind to the true meaning of everything.
The only possible answer to this question is: through SCIENCE.
There is no other way to rationally distinguish between fact and fiction.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
No. You do not know god is real. You know you mind can produce one.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
I know God is real. I don't know this because the Bible tells me He's real. I know this because I chose as an atheist to take a leap of faith and He caught me. He showed me that He is real and that His word (the Bible) is real and true. He changed my entire life and I wouldn't ever chose to live without Him again. I don't think this means that Atheists don't think rationally. I also don't think that someone can prove the existence of God to someone else. They especially can't force it upon them, or Judge them for not believing. There's no reason for someone to believe unless they've taken that honest leap for themselves. I also believe that you can't disprove the existence of God. People have to chose whether they would want a life with God, if He were actually real. Each individual should ask themselves "if God were real and this was all true, would I want to acknowledge Him" If the answer is yes then you should do it. Do some research find a good Christian Church (God can be found without church but I recomend it) and give God 90 days, 60 days, Give Him one day. Give Him something to let Him know that if He is real you want Him in your life. His hand is extended He just wants you to reach for it. If your answer is no, then don't worry about it and go on with your life. We get to chose. Just don't believe that your goodness will get you into Heaven. Good people don't go to Heaven, Saved people do. This in no way means that believers are better people than non believers. Believers are not sinless people, but we are supposed strive to sin less. I used to think that I was a good person who didn't lie, cheat and steal, and that if God was real and would send me to Hell that that's not a God that I would want any part of. Now I know differently. Unfortunately it's not usually God that turns people off. It's the Christians. We're not perfect, and often we are to blame for people not feeling welcomed. God loves everyone and all are welcomed. No matter what.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
truth: The non-contradictory identification of reality.
fiction: something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically, : the action of feigning or of creating with the imagination
What part of the mind is used to conceptualise gods?
Does believing something is true make it true?
Does the supernatural exist in the natural world?
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
"Circular reasoning is not rational" "The bible proves God exists" Lol theist hypocrisy.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
How can theist possibly know that they are theist ?