godsend221
Wycek

How do we know the Bible is the Word of God?

godsend221

Con

I'm taking the con position here as a skeptic. I'm not saying it isn't the word of God, I'm just wanting to take on the debate of how we KNOW it is the WORD OF GOD?
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Wycek

Pro

Wycek forfeited this round.
godsend221

Con

I'm not sure what you mean by "Accept." or if that was an error. I haven't paid attention to this as I've had some things occupying my attention lately. Anyways, I think it's reasonable to be a skeptic of the theory sola scriptura, meaning the bible is the full and complete impartation of God's word to man and no more. Jesus said he had sheep the disciples themselves did not know about. That would imply that God does not speak anymore and if we need to know what God says we should only consult the bible and not be spoken to by God in prayer or some other means. It's a doctrine which puts human limits on what is and what is not the word of God.
Wycek

Pro

Wycek forfeited this round.
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Wycek

Pro

Wycek forfeited this round.
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Wycek

Pro

Wycek forfeited this round.
Posted by el_ginger 3 years ago
el_ginger
Never mind I was too slow :/
Posted by el_ginger 3 years ago
el_ginger
I would like to accept the debate but first I would like some clarification. Please define the word know. Are you speaking of the Bible in its entirety or something specific within the bible? And if I do accept this debate I want to give you a forewarning: my objective is not to win but to participate in hopes that God can use this to work in someone's life.