Felony_Jayne
roxie9087

How do women hiding themselves under cloth in the name of religion really feel about it?

Felony_Jayne

Con

There are many women who claim that they"ve willingly chosen to hide their identities and faces behind fabric masks to honor their customs and religion.

A strong argument from these women is that they do so on their own accord. My question to these ladies is this: What do you think of other women who wear what they want to wear, show their smiles off to the world, choose their own style, and dress in the way that makes them happy?

Do you look down on women who have that freedom as being immodest? Or less pure than someone wrapped up in a disguise? I"m curious as to how much reasoning is your own vs. what you"ve been told to believe.

Please don"t get me wrong here - I"m not meaning to be rude or offensive to anyone. I honestly am curious about what your side of the story is. I am proud to be a woman, and if any man told me that I had to cover up my face and obey his commands I would tell him to hit the road.

How do you see this issue? Why is it meaningful for you to cover yourselves up instead of owning your bodies and dressing in pretty clothes and shoes and being feminine?
roxie9087

Pro

I'm really not going for it to be honest I'm just supporting what I believe. Some women just cover their skin and faces because they maybe would like to. When I had a trip to Jamaica during the summer of 2015 I saw a few women with black masks on I thought it was strange until I realized it was part of their religion or they seriously like black clothing. I pretty sure the religion that most women are related to this is Islam. I lack in world religions to be honest. I'm pretty sure they believe that women shouldn't expose their skin and it's part of the hijab dress code.

This somewhat relates to how some Muslim girls face threats when they go to school because it's apparently against their religion. It's a little bit why some have converted to another religion so they don't feel threatened as much.
Felony_Jayne

Con

I understand that women are covering themselves up out of a duty to their religion. The question I have is why, in modern society, is this practice being forced on women through brainwashing or other means to make them feel ashamed of their bodies and who they are to the point that they feel the need to hide their faces when they leave their homes?

I've traveled extensively, and most of the countries that I've been to where this practice is common are uncomfortably hot in normal clothing. I very much doubt these women are choosing to tent themselves in saunas of dark robes.

There are so many timid voices stating that they choose to imprison themselves in this fashion, but to this day I haven't heard one argument or testament from a woman who isn't free to be herself explain why she would choose to allow herself to be subjected to this extent of misogyny.

We no longer have to live in the past. Women should be seen as valuable equal members of society, not shunned and forced to hide under a blanket in order to make the men in their lives feel powerful over them.
roxie9087

Pro

roxie9087 forfeited this round.
Felony_Jayne

Con

Felony_Jayne forfeited this round.
roxie9087

Pro

roxie9087 forfeited this round.
Posted by isaacthemaniac 1 year ago
isaacthemaniac
another debate about how someone (arrogantly) judges the choices of others without considering the fact that they are entitled to there choices....I guess the colonial mentality is alive and intellectually stable.......Please propagate the view that women are tools who are forced to wear conservative clothes #religionbashing