Dirty-Morgs
FaustThe21st

How does ViceRegent rationaly know truth from fiction

Dirty-Morgs has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Dirty-Morgs

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT VICEREGENT KEEPS VOMITING WORDS AND YET HAS NOT ANSWERED MY Q.

ViceRegent loves to live under the delusion that he is the guardian of rationality. But how can he hold this title when he cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If he cannot do this, he is literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES VICEREGENT CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
FaustThe21st

Pro

Question - How does ViceRegent rationally know truth from fiction?

Short Answer - Philosophy (if we exclude science which I don't see why.)

Logical thinking - Philosophy in itself is not exactly science simply logical thinking. For example for the sake of the argument let's just assume atheists (because I have a feeling this is where the debate is going) say that an omnipotent and benevolent God doesn't exist, because if he is all knowing then he knows what anger, lust, etc feels like so he can't be benevolent, but if he doesn't know what those emotions feel like then he is not all knowing. So this creates a paradox. And in logical thinking there is a principle called Occam's razor which states that the simplest answer is usually the correct one. So either we try to explain or solve the paradox or simply say God does not exist. So simply put, that is how ViceRegent and many other people know truth from fiction.

https://simple.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Now I would like to attack your debate criteria and paradim - Science is a valid way to know truth from fiction

Def. Of Rationality - a : having reason or understanding https://www.merriam-webster.com...;

Science just tries to develop and understanding of nature by expirimentation and trial and error, so from our UNDERSTANDING we could RATIONALLY conclude scientific fact, and thus we know truth from fiction.

To not trust science as I said in a comment before is to not trust the medicine, the food, and vaccinations that made it possible for you to be here and push this anti-scientific agenda. The way this debate is structured puts all the burden of proof on me, which is unfair as my opponent needs to answer a paradox that has puzzled philosophers for centuries and also needs to discredit science before he says that it can't be used as proof. He makes it so it is harder for me to use evidence by nit-picking criteria, that makes it so he can unfairly corner me.

Because of all these reasons I humbly request a ballot for my case from the voters.

Thank You

Dirty-Morgs

Con

HELLO FAUST THE TWENTY FIRST YOUR PROFILE PIC IS SCARY PLZ CHANGE IT, IT GIVES ME NIGHTMARES.

THANK YOU

In the name of vice regent "I WIN"
FaustThe21st

Pro

How does it make you feel that most of your activities or debates on the website are using cheap tricks to win and an attempt to troll people instead of actually try to have an inteligent and productive conversation?

You didn't respond to any of my arguements, and you didn't explain as to why I can't use science in my arguement, so your criterion falls apart and you have no intention of debating so you CONCEDE THE DEBATE!

Even if you lure me in with cheap tactics, you can't win the arguement if you don't argue.

You are an insult to every sincere debater on this site.

- Faust
Posted by FaustThe21st 11 months ago
FaustThe21st
I'm sorry, no harm done. I was only angry because of the circumstances in my life at that point.
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 12 months ago
Dirty-Morgs
faust the 21st the difference is he is a spam who insults others and bothers people while I only posted something once and do not like to insult others i am sorry you saw this as a serious debate I meant it as a joke viceregent bothers people while if you look at the comments I make people laugh plus this has a plus 4 in liking the debate so I personaly think people are in joying it

thank you
Posted by FaustThe21st 1 year ago
FaustThe21st
(Ok I'm a bit new to the site and I found out who this ViceRegent dude is, and I apologize for my latest debate post to some extent.)

However by you trying to parody him, you are doing the exact same thing he is. You = ViceRegent.
Just because you are trying to be funny and be a troll doesn't make it any better.

1. You repeat the same debate.
2. In those debates you deliberately corner people with unfair trap criteria.
3. And then after making them go through that nightmare you say it was ALL A JOKE.

This effects the community negatively, in one of your debates you completely waste somebody's time.
And that's why I'm annoyed, because I thought I was walking into a serious philosophical debate, and I actually feel like I WASTED my time and that I was played.

You don't need to parody ViceRegent anymore, you are his carbon copy.
So tell me @Dirty-Morgs what differentiates you from ViceRegent?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
He does not according to him self..
Posted by FaustThe21st 1 year ago
FaustThe21st
"If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. "

Are you trying to undermine science ?
You OWE your life to the medication available and the immunity running through your veins, which were made by science.

But whatever, I'll accept. And I'll argue using philosophy, is this ok with you?
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
tommylibertarian1: He doesn't accept debate challenges. He made it that no one can challenge him to a debate ever since I challenged him to one
Posted by DStallman 1 year ago
DStallman
Made my day
Posted by fishhunter61 1 year ago
fishhunter61
Perfect.
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
haha!! This is epic. He better accept this debate. You should sent this to him as a direct challenge as well.
Posted by HAwoman 1 year ago
HAwoman
Love this!