Jwoo160
creationtruth

How is everyone logically not agnostic?

Jwoo160 has forfeited round #2.

Jwoo160

Pro

I've been doing alot of thinking with all this stuff going on in the world. I mean we have mass groups of people executing each other over religion and what not. But to me I don't care what religion you are none of us have the answers NONE. None of us have hard evidence all we have is faith. To me correct me if im wrong but faith means believing in something even if you dont have the sure answers. I am just saying but to me that sounds just like propaganda? You look down throughout history there have been wars over religions countless murders ect. tons of people use it to create revenue and there are literally hundreds of religions. I feel like MOST religious people are raised that way and i dont mean to offend anyone but to me it sounds like a form of brainwashing almost. We all know we dont know the answers so why do the masses just not accept we dont know be agnostic together and all searching for real definite answers? You wouldnt have all these terrorist today if this was the global agenda and millions of people would not have lost their lives due to "faith". I'm just saying logically speaking every single one of us does not know. Why do all these people choose a religion when deep down they dont know. Feel like religion is literally one of the major subgroups that are used to control the masses and create revenue. Also i feel like you dont need religion to teach good morales.
creationtruth

Con

I will argue for biblical faith as defined in the text of the 66 books of the Bible. Biblical faith is not, nor ever has been a blind faith in its actualisation. The Holy Spirit of God Himself helps guide one to a believing/trusting faith which is, at the moment of conviction, revealed and vindicated within the soul of the believer. God Himself, through His written word, has declared that all men know of His existence through the interface of rational consciousness and the inherent intelligent design/function of nature.

Therefore all men are righteously commanded to seek Him above all things. These truths are ultimately vindicated by the Holy Spirit of God Himself and are thus spiritually/consciously attainable by means of seeking God through His word as promised.

This evidence is readily available to all who will seek God in all sincerity and humility, and therefore a person may "know" God and His truths by means of His written word, facilitated and verified by His Holy Spirit working within the soul of a believer. So while in all other instances God may be "unknowable," in the case provided, God may be known, and thus agnosticism, while the logical default of the uncertain mind, is untenable with regards to the aforementioned phenomena.

God may be known and a believer may be assured, and thus agnosticism is not the only logically justifiable, theological position tenably able to be held.

Pro's rhetoric concerning religion seems irrelevant and his claims of knowing the limitation of what others "know" is foundationally arbitrary. If Pro subsequently contends that I ought to respond to any other of his Round 1 statements, I shall humor him as I see fit.

Additionally, if Pro seeks to circumvent or in any way dismiss my argument concerning the Holy Spirit, and instead redirects the debate to "hard evidence," I am prepared to give operationally verifiable evidence of the existence of the Creator God. However, this debate has not yet been shown to be contingent upon my ability to provide demonstrable evidence of the existence of God. Ultimately it shall be up to the discretion of the prospective reader to decide whether or not a particular line of evidence or argumentation is either necessary or indeed valid.

I happily await Pro's response and look forward to an interesting and engaging debate!
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
Not every one is logical.
Posted by HypocriticalDiscussion 8 months ago
HypocriticalDiscussion
Is this really a debate or a genuine question?
HypocriticalDiscussion
Posted by 21MolonLabe 8 months ago
21MolonLabe
So basically, this is a God Exists debate?