boy_wonder15
Lyss.M

How is the demented?

boy_wonder15

Con

OK, as my topic stated, how is that demented? Do you not understand the difference between the virtuality and reality? Yes, it is violent for a character in a game to,"beat on prostitutes", but where is the harm? Tell me if the person that was playing the game, the person that was beating the prostitute, did he or she display any type of action that shows that it is ok to do that? Is that person doing anything wrong? What is it going to really hurt anything for someone to have their own way of entertainment? It isn't against the law for crying out loud, so leave whoever it is alone! Now, do I believe that younger children should be allowed to play such video games? NO! No questions asked. That is why games that are like what you described earlier have labels on them telling you not to let anyone under the age on the label play the game. Ratings are there for a reason. Everyone is different and with that being said, everyone isn't entertained in the same way. Just let the people who chooses to play those games live their lives. Not everything is going to fairy tale, not everything is going to be innocent, and not everything is going to seen the same way from one person to the next. I feel that if someone can play a game that is like what you described, and not express any of the same actions or attitudes of what video games he or she has ben playing, then by all means have at it and entertain yourself as you wish to.
Lyss.M

Pro

My question I pose to just people in general is this-Why would you want to beat a prostitue in the 1st place? To me this brings out the heart. What I find demented, is how someone would find fun in brutally harming someone on a game for entertainment! Why the heck is that fun?!! If a person finds entertainment in hurting people, to that extent on a video game, who really is to say they might not find the same pleasure in real life? Now, I highly doubt they're going to go out and kill or hurt somebody , but still, the game is feeding into your subconscious. Say I had a child. I wouldn't want my child watching very violent video films or tv shows. But say I let him or her play Dynasty Warriors. I won't let my child watch a violent movie, but I will let him or her play a game (putting him or her in 1st person) were you brutally kill people? To me, what are these game really teaching kids, forgetting everything else? You want to bring kids up by teaching and exposing them to moral things. I play war games with my brothers-like Meddle or Honour and Call of Duty and I really enjoy these games. The difference is, you're killing "bad guys" who are trying to kill you, not innocent people or those who pose no threat. To me, that is murder (on the game). So to me, where is the morality in these games? Why do I want my "child" being expose to all this violence and wickedness, even if it's just a game. It still could very well affect the child.
boy_wonder15

Con

boy_wonder15 forfeited this round.
Lyss.M

Pro

Lyss.M forfeited this round.
boy_wonder15

Con

boy_wonder15 forfeited this round.
Lyss.M

Pro

Lyss.M forfeited this round.