ChokingChlorine
christthinker

How something can reach the speed of light.

ChokingChlorine

Pro

Everyone says that the speed which would be of light is 186,282 mps, but did you know that since the plants absorb light, the light forms a bond with that plant while in its state of absorption. They become one and light takes on a body of itself while moving within the plant.
christthinker

Con

The speed of light is 186,282 miles per second through a vacuum. This "through a vacuum" part is key since the speed of light is slower when it is not through a vacuum. Generally, the denser the element the light is passing through, the slower the speed of light.

Now, here is an original way to go faster than light. No matter can accelerate to the speed of light because said matter would reach infinite mass by the time it had fully accelerated to the speed of light. However, since gravity is a function of mass, would increased gravity accompany the object that is moving at near light speed? Gravity warps space. Warped space is a way of breaking the light "speed limit" without going faster than light. Therefore, why could we have a "warp-drive" by the simple function of accelerating to near light speed?
ChokingChlorine

Pro

I posted an argument that was not necessarily a reply. I just figured out how to respond.
christthinker

Con

I understand that the "response posting" is confusing. I just hope I am doing it right now!

Consider this: Lets say that you are a being that exists on a different "size level" from humans; that is, you are so large that the entire Universe is only a spark off the end of a cigarette that you are smoking. We would not be able to perceive this being because it would be so large, our viewport wouldn't be wide enough to see it. The being would not perceive us unless it had an incredibly super microscope. Now, here is the question: How long would it take this being to get the cigarette to its mouth? Would it take millions of years, as the speed of light limitations suggests? Hopefully, this poor being is not an addict because he/she would need another cigarette before the first "drag" is over!

Does this being's arm move faster than light? No, it is "time" that moves at a different speed. From the "being's" perspective, it would happen just as quickly as it happens for us. From our perspective, it would take the poor being billions of years to take one "drag" from the cigarette. This difference in perspective is due to the difference in the speed of time. It would be fortunate for the being to see things from our perspective as it would be good for him/her to not be able to smoke!!!!
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
christthinker

Con

I will wait for the next round....
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
christthinker

Con

I have lost my Pro. I am not sure what to do...
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
christthinker

Con

I still can't find the Pro - I guess the Pro is busy...
Posted by ChokingChlorine 1 year ago
ChokingChlorine
I guess that I can't really mess with the constant since the constant is what they are truly after. I like your warpdrive idea by bending space. I had this concept where people hold hands 186,282 miles across and they seemingly form a somewhat seemingly simultaneous wave which matches the speed of light, and thus they can move it without the feeling of one coming after the other.