JimShady
FishAndChips21

How was the universe created? (Pro: God)

FishAndChips21 has forfeited round #2.

JimShady

Con

ATTENTION: Do not accept this debate unless you have a theory of the universe's creation. "Not knowing yet" is not a theory.

I will be arguing that an omnipotent being (God) created the universe, you will be arguing for another method.

Burden of Proof is on both sides, and voters will judge by who has the best arguments and counter-arguments.

R1: Acceptance and proposition
R2: Arguments
R3: Rebuttals
R4: Rebuttals to Rebuttals
JimShady

Con

Thanks to my friend for accepting this debate.

I believe the universe was created by a divine, omnipotent, supreme being, "God." I will be using St. Anslem's ontological argument and the basis of St. Thomas Aquinas's Five Proofs of God. (I will not be using the argument from intelligent design, because I realize the flaws in it [that, however small the chance, the universe was created to sustain life against all odds]. However, I will say that it is HIGHLY coincidental and sides closer with a God than no God.)

Ontological Argument:

1. God is defined as all powerful.
2. Existing is more powerful than not existing.
3. Because existing is more powerful, God exists.

Explanations:
1. God is defined as all powerful. If he is not omnipotent, then he isn't God. Simple as that.
2. Existing is obviously more powerful than not existing. A pitbull who exists would have a lot more powerful of a bite than a pitbull that does not exist. Throwing a rock that exists at someone would hurt a lot morethan throwing a rock that doesn't exist. Certainly, existence=power.
3. Because God-is defined as all powerful, he must thus exist, because an existing God is more powerful than a non-existing one. By merely thinking that God exists, you confirm his existence.

Five Proof Arguments:
1. The universe and all of existence is here. Science has already proven that it has no been in existence forever, and thus is had a definite start. How was the universe created? By the multiverse? How was the multiverse created? A multiverse cannot create itself because it is not sentient, and if it is, than it can be considered a God. There must be a primary mover for a movement, a thing cannot move itself. Therefore we can assume that the prime mover is God.

Than who moved God?

move: go in a specified direction or manner; change position.
cause: a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.
effect: a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

God doesn't need a mover, he has always been moving by definition. A cause gives rise to an action, but by definition, God has never had a rise. He always has been, always will be.

Thank you for reading. I tried to keep it short.
Posted by JimShady 4 months ago
JimShady
What has no way around it, your empty claims? Correct you are.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
I cannot create God"....Well "Any sort of god is your creation in the first place....
There is realy no way around it...
Posted by JimShady 4 months ago
JimShady
Way to explain yourself, man! I'm going to go to sleep and try to think of a response to that, it's not like I've already done so four or five times! I'll admit, it'll be hard finding evidence to stack up to your argument.

Nice "debating" you, talk to you tomorrow.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
"I cannot create God"....Well "Any sort of god is your creation in the first place....
Posted by JimShady 4 months ago
JimShady
I cannot create God. First of all even if you imply I invented the concept, its been around for thousands of years. Second of all, its not a concept, as I have demonstrated. You have said nothing to prove the contrary, and again, I shrug you off with a laugh.

Your inability to debate sheds light on how dumb you and your opinions (which you have not explained) really are.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
"You have offered no rebuttal to my arguments for God's existence"... Why would anyone ? Any sort of god is your creation in the first place....
Posted by JimShady 4 months ago
JimShady
And I am back to this not being a fair comparison.

You have offered no rebuttal to my arguments for God's existence for one of three reasons:
1. You are a troll
2. You do not know how a debate works (you must present your own case)
3. (most likely) You have no case, and thus you are stalling.

If it's one of the last two, then you are losing this debate.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
And we are back to "spiderman"
I can claim "Spiderman" is a story. I need no argument or evidence.
Posted by JimShady 4 months ago
JimShady
You can say that all you want, but until you have an actual rebuttal or some evidence toward your side of the argument, what you said means nothing and I shrug it off.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
Yes. it is why i wrote what I wrote...........