PatJC123
MattHarrison

Howitzers > Samurai

MattHarrison

PatJC123

Pro

It is commonly known that howitzers are better than samurai in almost every way. They are more deadly, have a broader range of possibilities, both literally and strategically, and most importantly they can't die. No matter how well-trained a samurai is, he can try to hack at the cannon but it won't get him anywhere. The howitzer will still work, and in sixty years or so the samurai will die of "natural causes". For these reasons, howitzers will always be superior to samurai, and that's why the howitzers won the war for Japan.
MattHarrison

Con

I accept

Samurai are better than Howitzers. Samurai are intelligent beings, Howitzers are not. Because samurai are smarter, Samurai are better.
PatJC123

Pro

Now let us begin, with fact. Today, we know from history that, in actuality, howitzer are better than samurai. It has been proven, on the field of battle, that they are superior. Samurai marched in the thousands against howitzers, only to be mowed down in the thousands and never to return. The age of the samurai came to an end at the hands of the howitzers because they couldn't keep up with the rapidly moderizing Japan. The old clashed with the new, and the new won. In my opinion, this is reason enough to say that they are better, but I invite my opponent to actually try to put a different spin on this debate.
MattHarrison

Con

First, I don't need yo damn invitation. Now that that is settled. It is true, howitzers did outlast samurai in Japan. However, Gatling guns and newer rifles helped howitzers. We also do not use howitzers in modern battle. Making howitzers obsolete in similar fashion to the samurai. Next, howitzers did not defeat samurai alone. Also, howitzers need people to properly function. Try putting a samurai and a howitzer alone in a room, each with orders to kill each other. I guarantee the samurai will win 10 out of 10 times. Howitzers need about 3 people to operate. A samurai needs only himself to operate. Samurai are more efficient and can hold longer conversations. Have you ever tried talking to a howitzer? They have little to no personality, while samurai entertain with stories of battle and other things. Samurai can also touch, taste, smell, hear, and see, also unlike the howitzer. Therefore samurai are better.
PatJC123

Pro

Apparenly, my opponent doesn't have ample reading abilities beacuse I did clearly specifify that howitzers cannot be killed, so how can samurai kill them 10/10 times? Anyway, another advantage the howitzers have over the samurai is that they are able to reach the samurai from a signifigantly farther distance away. A howitzer and trained crew can easily exterminate an entire group of samurai from over 600m away. That is the REALISTIC meeting of the two, because they would never be put in a room together alone for no reason, that's rediculous. But I digress, this range advantage is very signifigant one and is also a major factor as to why the howitzers are better.
MattHarrison

Con

Howitzers will have trouble being accurate enough to hit one samurai from 600m away. Pro should be shot by a howitzer and killed by a samurai for using the metric system and saying, "I digress." Yes, Howitzers may not be able to be killed, but can be destroyed. They also take forever to load and fire. Once they miss the samurai the first time, the samurai will have had ample time to reach the howitzer, kill the crew, and just walk away because howitzers cannot load and shoot things by themselves. Howitzers are illiterate, cannot have conversations, and are weaker than samurai. Samurai are better than howitzer. Yes, the samurai can withstand the not so great. Might of the howitzer.
Posted by MattHarrison 4 years ago
MattHarrison
What is a mod and what is a multi?
Posted by hereiam2005 4 years ago
hereiam2005
Is this an all out animal contest?

The mods needs to check weather any one of the two debaters is a multi.
Posted by TheGamer1998 4 years ago
TheGamer1998
I'm not gonna read this because I believe this debate was pointless
Posted by PatJC123 4 years ago
PatJC123
I apologize for my grammar mistakes.
Vote Placed by TheSaint 4 years ago
TheSaint
PatJC123MattHarrisonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con effectively showed that Samurai are more intelligent, literate ect. than a hunk of metal. In addition he showed that a Howitzer is useless without a crew which is not inherent to it's design. Therefore a hunk of lifeless metal < a living thinking Samurai. Strategic value in war was not specified as the most important attribute so in every aspect but battle samurai win.