redjayphinex
Gatto_Gateaau

Huge Lego Buildings ( with brick sized Legos)

Started: 2/28/2015 Category: Economics

redjayphinex

Pro

Yes, lego buildings are possible to make if the legos are the size of bricks. If you think about it when you make buildings with these types of legos you dont need to demolish buildings, even if you do demolish the building you are able to use the same pieces again to make a new house. This virtually illiminates the problem of pollution from factories that constitantly need brick or wood suplies. This means that the we only need a few years of actually making legos and then we won't need any more. Legos also connect to each other very well since there pieces have holes too connect from bottom up. This would be great for places that receive weather problems becouse this type of house would be able to resist quite well. I also know that your thinking of how legos are flammible, but when you have this type of material we are able to make pieces flame proof and water proof depending on the place. The best place too use this is in florida since they have many floods and hurricanes and not mention how well of a amusement park this would be. We already started to make buildings out of small legos why not try with a bigger and more reasonable material keeping the idea.
Gatto_Gateaau

Con

To start off, in round 2 I would appreciate if you could describe how this system would work more (ex. If one has a "regular" house currently will they have to take it down in order to account for the lego structure.)

Next, I would like to supply refutations then go into my own points. My first refutation is for your point that they will be resistant to natural disasters such as hurricanes or floods. There is a common reason that legos are made of plastics, not only is it cheap however the main reason is that plastic is so smooth they can connect to each other. Since wood, stone, concrete, etc all have so many imperfections, it would be unlikely for it to even stay in place if any disaster occurs. Next is your point of reusing items, however the amount of lumber used for building a new house in place of an old one is minute compared to the amount of new houses created one "new" land which will still cause more Legos.
Next, I would like get into my three points which are Lego bricks offer poor insulation, they are difficult to create, and it would be difficult to wire/plumb. For my first point, this simply goes along with the idea that you will freeze in the winter and burn in the summer. Since Legos are solid brick there is no way to install insulation, a vent, or even a cooling/heating system making it an unattractive living space. For my second point, it would be extremely hard to create. For regular Legos made of plastic it is much easier since plastic has a low melting point however wood and stone do not melt. This means every single brick would have to be made by hand, thus making the process expensive and once again unattractive. For my final point, it makes it able to difficult to plumb and wire. Since once again these bricks would be solid, there is no way to run electricity and plumbing through them, simple as that.
Thank you for the fun debate i'm looking forward to your reply.
redjayphinex

Pro

To rebuttal against your argument I will first state that I suggest, the best place to use this material is in Florida because of the mass appeal and the environmental problems. The problems you stated with the wires and the plumbing is easily fixed when you just drill a hole through the block itself. And if you are thinking that this is a thick block of plastic, remember that through manufacturing and producing the Lego material it is easy to cut through for the purpose of plumbing and Electricals use. As I am on the topic of manufacturing, the product would be able to add other elements that aren't good conductors of thermal energy. In other words if you mix the Lego with another item to make it have a higher melting point that fixes the problem fully. Next is the topic of finding the foundation to the Lego house structure such as for environmental and weather uses. The Lego House will be made into the ground and have main base attached to it so the whole structure doesn't fall apart. For my next argument the whole structure will be able to be taken apart and put back together for the use of different types of house structures. This is not a random, alieanic idea because people in Rome have somewhat tried this idea with the colluseams and Vatican. They used pieces of strong parts of the huge colluseams and put them to use in the Vatican itself. My idea is not that different from this since all I'm doing is having a house of easier to remove pieces which can be taken apart again to build a new home. In conclusion WE SHOULD HAVE LEGO HOUSES......
Gatto_Gateaau

Con

Once again, you failed to provide how this system will work, are we going to be replacing houses or only building new ones this system and please define its "appeal" in Florida I see now where that is residents want this idea. On top of that, you are simply contradicting your points at every possible turn. Lets suggest we limit it down to Florida, okay if I accept, now all your impacts are diminished easily, by less scope so in turn not much environmental change. Next, if we drill a hole through the bricks to run wiring and plumbing, okay if I accept, now you have just ruined the integrity of every brick, rendering it useless for future construction. Next, you suggest plastic then some form of an alloy for a mold, it is prime to understand that metals are not only heavy, but also expensive, in turn making it unattractive to buyers. Also, for the voters it is important to understand that the Roman Colosseum's did not have to deal with plumbing and electricity, just a solid stone bricks. The time periods are crucial to understand rendering the whole point of his is completely and utterly anachronistic. In conclusion, though it is an interesting the concept, realistically speaking it is completely injudicious idea. The bad outweighs the good by far, and we should not have Lego houses.
redjayphinex

Pro

redjayphinex forfeited this round.
Gatto_Gateaau

Con

Gatto_Gateaau forfeited this round.
Posted by Jacob44 1 year ago
Jacob44
Lego buildings would be a great invention, It would be as good as when we made clay. Or learned how extract iron ore.