thepotterhead
zipfenat000

Human Cloning

zipfenat000

thepotterhead

Con

I would like to hear the other stand on the issue of Human Cloning.
I would appreciate if my opponent started first.
zipfenat000

Pro

Cloning is a fantastic idea and would help the world by making diseases that were formerly incurable now curable. As for the debate that I'm sure will come up with it being unethical I think it is preposterous that someone could think that making life is unethical. Farmers grow the crops, biologists grow bacteria and other organisms. Furthermore it is also not playing God, unless you know what God's intentions are I advise that you not speak. Humans aren't God unless someone has credible evidence. But, I digress cloning could help the world.
thepotterhead

Con

Thank you for accepting the debate.

"...I'm sure will come up with it being unethical I think it is preposterous that someone could think that making life is unethical."

Although I agree that making life is not in fact unethical, I do believe reproductive cloning is unethical. About 98% percent of cloning attempts end in failure. Also, animals we have cloned were born with deformities such as large organs and age rapidly. Dolly (the first animal cloned from an adult cell, as you may know) suffered from arthritis and died at a young age. Is it worth it to clone if so many of these attempts end in failure?

"unless you know what God's intentions are I advise that you not speak."
I thank you for mentioning this because I have no religious views on this topic (or on any topic, for that matter). I get quite annoyed when people bring up quotes from the Bible in their arguments.

zipfenat000

Pro

Your Welcome
People learn from failure and we have learned much about the mistakes about Dolly. She was the first of her kind a "prototype" if you will. There has been much success in cloning and stem cell research, fro example in recent years a facility has cloned normal rats that live for about a month and the cloned ones lived for up to 2-2 1/2 months.
Deformities are a usual birth defect of them, and the process is still imperfect. The ability to create a clone and then execute it is very difficult. Facilities are predicting that they may be able to make a human clone in the next 10 years or so.
thepotterhead

Con

thepotterhead forfeited this round.
zipfenat000

Pro

Since my opponent hasn't posted anything and has forfeited I have decided to give myself even more of a lead. Cloning can help us make our food's genetic DNA engineered to what we want. So really we can make survive in harsh conditions like the poles or in the driest of deserts. Cloning is the future and we should pursue it!
thepotterhead

Con

thepotterhead forfeited this round.
zipfenat000

Pro

zipfenat000 forfeited this round.
thepotterhead

Con

thepotterhead forfeited this round.
zipfenat000

Pro

zipfenat000 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Mak-zie 4 years ago
Mak-zie
thepotterheadzipfenat000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct, it is the instigator's duty to start first. Arguments, Con merely rebutted Pro's arguments, and had none of her own, even though Pro's were extremely weak.