Linkish1O2
Nickoli1996

Human cloning

Linkish1O2

Linkish1O2

Pro

In this debate I will support human cloning. First round is acceptance, then the next 3 rouns will be arguments and counter arguments.

On a different note I have done this debate before 4 years ago, and failed miserably, time to redeem myself.
Nickoli1996

Con

While I disagree with human cloning I believe there would be upsides. If it would be an exact copy of you then you would be able to possibly use the organs of the clone, being that it is technically your organs also. Though then you get into, would the clones be considered humans also and would they be given rights as a being, or would they be classified as some other species. I actually have read a book that had dealt with the fact that the beings in the different civilizations were all just clones, and when the clones reached the right age they were cloned. So while cloning has its upsides. Just as every kids dream of send their clone to school, using them as a source of replacement organs, or even if you pass away have your memories transferred so you can still be with your family, but then you would be deeming immortality.
Linkish1O2

Pro

Lets get into it, I wish my fellow debater good luck.

Ok going into the debate quickly, I would like to first point out that human cloning is not unmoral, and all ideas that I provide, the clone will have human rights, and per his/her rights they will be provided the freedom to walk out at any time.

Pros: Infertility could be eliminated. As we know there are families out there that cannot have a baby, and some of those families don"t have the funds to adopt (as adopting costs money) but do have the funds to keep a family from falling apart. With cloning, a mother or father could raise an exact replica of them and be perfectly happy with the family that they are raising. Hundreds of families would be happy to have a cloned baby to raise and protect and love.
http://healthresearchfunding.org...

Military- as repulsing as this sounds to others, please refer to my first paragraph on how clones will have human rights, by raising clones to fight safely, we could have an exceptional fighting force, one that could keep us safe from threatening countries. We can also clone humans to replace those who have fallen in battle, keeping our military force at a promising number. http://www.humancloning.org...

Technology advances- By cloning humans and raising them as a genius, and in turn they would hopefully raise the next clone, as time goes on our technology would advance triple fold. Questions that are pondered today would be answered tomorrow, and questions pondered tomorrow would be answered the next day, so on and so forth until we as humans are able to search the universe in the blink of an eye in a year. This is seen as we have cloned dogs to become more technically advanced. "replicate exceptional dogs with "high societal value" such as seeing-eye dogs and search-and-rescue dogs in order to increase the chances of producing similar dogs with high intelligence, sensitivity and temperament" http://serendip.brynmawr.edu...

As a result cloning is not as repulsive as it sounds, and it can help us if we clone properly.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to a great debate.
Nickoli1996

Con

While I agree with you on lot of this subject. It defeats the point of being a individual. And while it would be great just to send clones into battle it breaks the meaning of life then. As you said they have rights but if we are just using them to send into battle, or any of the other things you stated, then what rights would they have. They would be used as slaves no less. Its morally wrong and it destroys, the point of a lot of life. It would lead to people just sending their clone to work, school, whatever it maybe, then that clone would see the privileges that we would have from having them and they would go out and get their own clones. So we would just all eventually over populate the world with clones.

So while the idea is great you have to take into play that there a loads of flaws that would happen.
Linkish1O2

Pro

"while it would be great just to send clones into battle it breaks the meaning of life"
So if you send a willing human being into battle then that also breaks the meaning of life, as I said per first paragraph all clones have the option to back out, humans willingly throw themselves in battle, this does not mean we are breaking the meaning of life.
" As you said they have rights but if we are just using them to send into battle, or any of the other things you stated, then what rights would they have. They would be used as slaves no less. Its morally wrong and it destroys, the point of a lot of life."
As you still understand that we still send our very own brothers and sisters into battle, does that make them slaves? No, they willingly joined, as the clones have the option to do. It is not morally wrong when we send our own into battle is it? Also you may have a different outlook on the meaning of life.

As overpopulation happens because we clone, like I stated previously we would have technologically advanced clones who may one day solve our problems, if not, then we can always put a limit on our clones.

If human rights are given to clones they will not become slaves, but instead become part of society.
Nickoli1996

Con

Nickoli1996 forfeited this round.
Linkish1O2

Pro

I have nothing else to say, I honestly hope I did better in this debate then my last cloning debate :)
Nickoli1996

Con

Nickoli1996 forfeited this round.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Of course human clones are humans too. Do you know what is the definition of human? It may confuse you is because it's not natural to see someone exactly like you. It's really improbable that it will happen naturally.

But, yes, they are humans, and they should have rights too, they are alive. Cloning a human and using his organs should be as bad as getting the organs of your children.
That should not be a good reason against cloning because cloning is not the problem.
Posted by accumulationofam 2 years ago
accumulationofam
just wow,
This demoralized world isn't even civilized enough to respect human rights and there's a debate on human cloning, first lets get our priorities in order.
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
Linkish1O2Nickoli1996Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 2 years ago
MassiveDump
Linkish1O2Nickoli1996Tied