Kalleth
PowerPikachu21

Humanity cannot progress any further as a species.

PowerPikachu21 has forfeited round #2.

Kalleth

Pro

Humanity as a species has reached its climax. I don't believe that any further progress can be made by us, since we have begun to regress as a society while many of us have not even reached the same standard of living as our developed contemporaries. The upward trend of technological growth will I think, crash and burn us in the end. And even as original and unique ideas are being silenced by loud outcries of old and broken ideologies, so too am I beginning to think that all of our great achievements will be torn down as we fall into disrepair.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I accept this debate.
Kalleth

Pro

As evidence for the failing state of humanity I put forth the following examples.

Racial Tension in the United States post-civil rights movement in the 60s. The following source shows a very recent example of the lack of cooperation and inability for people to remember their roots and the reasons for which there was a large civil rights movement forty years ago. http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Attacks on Freedom of Speech. The source for this gives a pretty concise summation of how one of the supposed bastions of free speech which is supposed to be a sign of our continued progression and improvement as a species is regressing into bigotry. http://www.theatlantic.com...

ISIS. One look at their motivations proves both that they themselves are part of the problem, not to mention the fact that developed countries have not managed to find a way to thwart them. http://www.theatlantic.com...
Posted by Kalleth 7 months ago
Kalleth
Derp!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Sorry I couldn't post an argument. I got lazy and... yeah.
Posted by Kalleth 8 months ago
Kalleth
No, it's encompassing all parts of humanity.
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
So this argument is that humans won't progress any further technologically, not that humans as a species won't physically evolve, correct?