Humanity cannot progress any further as a species.

PowerPikachu21 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Humanity as a species has reached its climax. I don't believe that any further progress can be made by us, since we have begun to regress as a society while many of us have not even reached the same standard of living as our developed contemporaries. The upward trend of technological growth will I think, crash and burn us in the end. And even as original and unique ideas are being silenced by loud outcries of old and broken ideologies, so too am I beginning to think that all of our great achievements will be torn down as we fall into disrepair.

I accept this debate.

As evidence for the failing state of humanity I put forth the following examples.

Racial Tension in the United States post-civil rights movement in the 60s. The following source shows a very recent example of the lack of cooperation and inability for people to remember their roots and the reasons for which there was a large civil rights movement forty years ago.

Attacks on Freedom of Speech. The source for this gives a pretty concise summation of how one of the supposed bastions of free speech which is supposed to be a sign of our continued progression and improvement as a species is regressing into bigotry.

ISIS. One look at their motivations proves both that they themselves are part of the problem, not to mention the fact that developed countries have not managed to find a way to thwart them.
Posted by Kalleth 3 weeks ago
Posted by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
Sorry I couldn't post an argument. I got lazy and... yeah.
Posted by Kalleth 4 weeks ago
No, it's encompassing all parts of humanity.
Posted by BackCommander 4 weeks ago
So this argument is that humans won't progress any further technologically, not that humans as a species won't physically evolve, correct?