DBA
moneystacker

Humans Should Never Kill Animals

DBA

Con

If Pro wishes to make an exception in the event of an animal attacking a human, then they may do so.

Definitions:
Humans: Homo sapiens sapiens.
Animals: Any non-human animal that can feel pain.

Rules:
1. First round is acceptance only.
2. Second round is for opening arguments only.
3. No new arguments in the final round.
4. No kritiks or semantics.
5. Shared BOP.
6. Violation of rules results in automatic loss.
moneystacker

Pro

Since First round is acceptance I accept.
DBA

Con

DBA forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

moneystacker forfeited this round.
DBA

Con

DBA forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

My opponent hasn't stated anything I will just state my main arguments I was gonna present for attention I guess.

My observations would have been

Observation 1: I am advocating its ok to kill an animal as long as its for consumption or maybe some other need. I don't believe its ok to kill an animal for sport or torture or etc.

Observation 2: My opponent has to prove in all cases killing animals is not ok because if there is one case that killing an animal is essentially acceptable then I win the round. HE literarily has to prove we should never kill animals ever. This is a burden my opponent has set on himself by going with the resolution.

Definitions

need= require something because it's essential or very important (bing)

abuse= treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

killing=an act of killing, especially of one animal by another.

1. Consumption is a natural activity in the food chain. Other animals eat and kill other animals all the time it's supposed to be that way. I even define killing and it shows that other animals kill other animals its just natural. It's not the same as abuse or torture as my opponent will probably claim. Now it's true some humans kill for the fun of it or cruelty but I am not backing up that. And again I only have to prove in some or one instance humans can kill animals I don't have to back up the morality behind every single reason to kill.

2. Bible says we can kill/consume animals. Was going to bring up a scripture I saw in Genesis

3. We have a soul and animals do not

I will not add any details or full fledged arguments because I believe my opponent isn't going to post anything. IF he does I will just respond to it in round 4, if not vote for me based off conduct and the fact he forfeited every round.
DBA

Con

DBA forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

vote for me off the FF
Posted by Wild.Grape 1 year ago
Wild.Grape
Thats like debating "should humans wear jeans?'. I am sure there are reason why they should and reasons why they shouldn't. Which "reasons" are more important is up for each person to decide for himself, simply because values differ. Just for the record, "rationality" has no concrete definition, therefore claiming your own stance "rational" proves nothing.
Posted by Wild.Grape 1 year ago
Wild.Grape
what humans should or shouldn't do will be decided by those humans, not you. Thus the whole debate is essentially flawed.
Posted by RNG_REKT 1 year ago
RNG_REKT
Moneystacker is the best
I'm betting my money on him
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Humans have a superior mind so we can take care of the planet. Certain populations of animals need to be hunted to prevent the spreading of diseases or food shortages for the animals. Deer and rabbits are great examples. We have to kill some to save the rest. It's how nature works. Certain wasps kill certain caterpillars, and the animals that eat the food the caterpillars eat can survive, because otherwise the caterpillars would eat it first. Us hunting animals is no different. Killing other animals is cohesive with the natural order and thus necessary.
Posted by AngryBlogger 1 year ago
AngryBlogger
But humans are animals tho themselves.
Posted by DBA 1 year ago
DBA
I'll challenge moneystacker. I changed the wording of the self defense exception, just to avoid a possible loophole.
Posted by RNG_REKT 1 year ago
RNG_REKT
I will debate as well, if possible. Challenge me.
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
I'm interested. Haven't debated in a bit and this is a easy enough topic to attack.