King_Giza9
stay_trippy

Humans Should Not Eat Pork Or Beef

King_Giza9 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

King_Giza9

Con

Humans should not digest pork or beef as we are not meant to eat these meats. Please provide evidence and references for your stance. :)
stay_trippy

Pro

For more than 2 million years, humans have been primarily meat eaters. Our bodies are designed for it. We have our incisors and molars that are designed for eating meat. It helps keep blood sugar levels steady due to its fat and high protein content. There are no proven health benefits to not eating meat. While I do feel as if a vegetarian or vegan diet can be good for you, I have been eating both pork and beef my entire life and I have had no health problems. We have enzymes in our intestinal tract specifically to digest meat, and meat helps us grow. Larger brains have benefited from meat eating. So, in conclusion, I feel as if humans should eat pork and beef.
King_Giza9

Con

If you would've read correctly, my topic states humans are not supposed to eat Pork or Beef. I never stated humans aren't supposed to eat meat, it's obvious that way back to Homo- erectus we have been eaters of meat. Eating Pork and beef are not on the natural dietary spectrum for mammals. my source https://www.sciencedaily.com... clearly states that mammals have eaten meat since the dawn of our genus. But it also states that it hasn't always been this way, as mammals, and also omnivores, pigs and cow were never on our direct source of nutrition. Early Homo Sapiens in East and South Africa eat fish, chicken, fruit, certain plants and also bison, but pork and beef were not everyday consumables. This is a modern day phenomenon, and it's obvious at the fact that it takes 3 days or 72 hours to digest pork and beef but only 2 hours for chicken and fish.
stay_trippy

Pro

While pork and beef do take longer to digest, they should not be cut out of a diet altogether. As with any foods, moderation is key. Eating lean cuts of pork in moderation can actually be beneficial as pork is a rich source of protein as well as vitamins and minerals including thiamine, niacin, selenium, zinc and phosphorous. As for eating beef, our bodies need vitamins like B12 and Vitamin D in order to function properly, and red meat is a good source of both. It's okay if you eat either beef or pork in 3 or 4 ounce servings once or twice a week, as long as you don't over consume.
http://www.mana.md...
www.ninacheriephd.com/you-your.../is-eating-pork-good-or-bad-for-your-health
Posted by Zaephou 1 month ago
Zaephou
Con: your argument is incoherent, please provide ACTUAL evidence on why humans should not eat meat and should eat other animals. Mammals eat mammals, there is nothing wrong with that. Please improve your arguments or I suggest a redo.
Posted by King_Giza9 1 month ago
King_Giza9
Actually my debate never portrayed that i'm against humans eating meat. If you all would've read correctly, my topic states humans should not eat " Pork" or "Beef". These two entities are not the only organic material in which is considered meat. If you wish you further elaborate on your stance please accept the challenge :}
Posted by stay_trippy 1 month ago
stay_trippy
the creator of the debate is against eating meat.
Posted by datguy2 1 month ago
datguy2
pro you are on the wrong side you are supposed to say why people should not eat meat