theazydebater
Sans_the_Ander

Humans Would Defeat Zombies in a Global Pandemic

theazydebater

Pro

First speech is acceptance
Sans_the_Ander

Con

Accepted.
theazydebater

Pro

thank you for accepting

I like to start with a def Zombie, from http://dictionary.reference.com...
"the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less,"

A zombie is nothing more than dead flesh, and there is only one thing on a zombies mind "food food food fooooooooooooooooood" nothing else goes on in the mind so zombies can't climb stairs and ladders, they can only throw themselves forward. the con will say they have many different powers or can some how evolve but this is all Hollywood hype if there were zombies in normal life it would be a zombie DEAD ROTTING FLESH. which makes the whole zombie Apocalypse a short time frame(I will get more on later).

point 1 zombies worst enemies
1 weather /environment
a) zombie are not immune to weather any evidence saying other wise is Hollywood hype a zombie as I said before is just dead flesh throwing them self forward for food, so if a survivor went north the dead flesh will freeze 10x as fast, or a survivor can just run in to the forest and then zombies chasing them will trip/ fall over them self just to get to you and if a survivor cant out run dead flesh falling every second they deserve to die.
b)Also expand on the point zombies can't climb only throw them selves forward so stairs and ladders, which means there is no way zombies could effectively kill or infect anyone, also before con comes up here with a crack pot website saying oh "well every movie,survival guide ,or book" says they can go up stairs (or evidence hat say they got super powers) Remember we are capitalist society and that means we will do what ever money, and to be honest if hey but the truth in movies and that stuff,that zombies can't climb stairs and other stuff, just throw them selves forward the movie would be boring and no one would watch and there would be no action and/or there is no plot when all you have to do is sit on atop of a stair case.
c) also extend what I said above and cross apply it to is phrase"zombies cant swim" so all survivors would have to do if getting cased is to go swimming, they would sink like rocks

2 rednecks, street gangs and military veterans

a)(the rednecks)http://www.defenestrator.org... Obama is the only thing holding them back imagine told lawlessness redneck would turn it in to a game "billeybob I bet I can kill more than you" "your on billeybob, get the trunk". Also rednecks practice every hunting season on deer and other stuff, deer are harder to hunt than killing zombies
b) gangs, have stock piles of on, even tho they cant shoot right zombies would be slow
c) military, same as above except they know how to shoot

Also ever one know for anything to function is a human body has to be a brain shooting them in the head or decapitation is common since.

3 animals /parasites
a) dead rotting flesh with slow reaction time together means birds would tear there apart along with any other carnivore.
b) parasites would do the same thing attach and eat

Second point zombies would eat each other
As I said in my first point the movie exaggerate the truth to get a plot if zombies were real then they would eat each other, before or after all humans are gone from their line of sight, all they can process is "hey that some food... BRAINS... yum"

Point three, "Humans got this"
Zombies will inevitably die even if you don't believe any other argument they will inevitably die for ruining out of food. So all I have to do is prove is that 1 or 2 people will out last the zombie Apocalypse.

many people could survive

Underground Bunkers

The government and the elite no doubt have hiding spots to go to where they can hide in these bunkers with food to last them several lifetimes. They would just simply hide down there until their deaths. Vivos has also been making underground shelters in case of emergencies.

There is always people who have panic rooms and/or can bored up and survive that way
Small islands were there is only 10 or so people who live on it and no connection to the outside world- it is imposable for con to win that a zombie Apocalypse can reach a small island that as no connection to out side world which will never run out of resources.

Also zombie would be slow so at best people can out walk them
Sans_the_Ander

Con

First of all, Pro has not provided a reason a zombie apocalypse could happen. I will provide a scenario. (http://www.cracked.com......) "Toxoplasmosa gondii". You can read the details at the site, but basically it makes people really aggressive and insane. Oh, and HALF OF THE HUMAN POPULATION ON EARTH IS INFECTED WITH TOXOPLASMOSA. So if something happened and changed the status of this dormant toxoplasmosa gondii and made it active, 1 out of every 2 humans would instantly become a zombie.

Refutations

Pro says that I will try to say that zombies have different powers or can somehow evolve. I will list certain attributes that a zombie can possess.

• Zombies can't feel pain. Zombies become immune to pain because the part of their brain that feels fear would become rotted and essentially useless. They also need almost no air to breathe. The small part of the brain which the parasite needs requires such a small amount of oxygen that simply being in an environment where oxygen is present will suffice.

• Zombies never sleep, and are incapable of fatigue. Fatigue in the muscles is caused by a lactic acid build up. Zombies are incapable of producing this acid. Lactic acid is formed from glycogen by muscle cells when the oxygen supply is inadequate to support energy production (http://www.lactic-acid.com...). Since zombies only require a very small amount of oxygen, the body of a zombie will never have a low amount of oxygen, therefore lactic acid will not be produced.

• Zombies can suffer great damage to their bodies without being adversely affected. Like I said before, zombies cannot feel pain. If you chop off an arm of a zombie, the zombie could care less.

• Zombies have no concept of fear. The small amount of brain that they have does not process fear. A zombie will see you and feel the need to kill you no matter what.

(http://zombies.monstrous.com...)

All Pro says to dismiss this is "this is Hollywood hype." Because I have just listed the attributes, he can attempt to refute these in the next round because saying that it's just Hollywood hype is not a convincing refutation.

If Pro tries to continue along with his Hollywood hype point, then his refutation simply becomes irrelevant. This debate is about what COULD happen. How is he so sure that zombies in fact COULDN'T have these attributes?

Weather/Environment

"a) zombie are not immune to weather any evidence saying other wise is Hollywood hype a zombie as I said before is just dead flesh throwing them self forward for food,"

Hollywood hype is not a valid refutation since this debate is about what COULD happen. Zombies do not feel pain or fatigue, so I believe they would actually fare better in harsh weather than a normal human would.

"so if a survivor went north the dead flesh will freeze 10x as fast, or a survivor can just run in to the forest and then zombies chasing them will trip/ fall over them self just to get to you and if a survivor cant out run dead flesh falling every second they deserve to die."

Wouldn't extreme cold do something to preserve the rotting flesh? About the survivor running to the forest, sure they can probably outrun a zombie. At first. Remember, humans need rest, while zombies don't. I don't care how many times the zombies fall down, the zombies could eventually catch up while a human is resting.

"b)Also expand on the point zombies can't climb only throw them selves forward so stairs and ladders, which means there is no way zombies could effectively kill or infect anyone,"

Sure, because zombies are stupid, they will have trouble with obstacles. However, because zombies don't need rest, they have PLENTY of time to find a simpler way around. So they can still infect people.

"also before con comes up here with a crack pot website saying oh "well every movie,survival guide ,or book" says they can go up stairs (or evidence hat say they got super powers)"

I already said that zombies would face trouble with obstacles, although they have PLENTY of time to find another route. I never said zombies have super powers.

"Remember we are capitalist society and that means we will do what ever money,"

What the he11 does capitalist society have to do with anything?

"and to be honest if hey but the truth in movies and that stuff,that zombies can't climb stairs and other stuff, just throw them selves forward the movie would be boring and no one would watch and there would be no action and/or there is no plot when all you have to do is sit on atop of a stair case."

Already addressed Hollywood hype.

"c) also extend what I said above and cross apply it to is phrase"zombies cant swim" so all survivors would have to do if getting cased is to go swimming, they would sink like rocks"

Where above did you say zombies can't swim? Pro can't say that zombies can only walk forward because they are rotting flesh and all they think about is food. Those are not valid reasons to limit zombies to only being able to walk forward. What if zombies could swim?

Rednecks, Street Gangs, and Military Veterans

Pro didn't choose to use the many armies spread across the world, he decided to go with 3 minorities. If he's trying to say that rednecks, "gangstas", and 80 year olds rolling around in wheelchairs are going to win against a massive amount of zombies, then that is very unlikely.

Animals/Parasites

Carnivores like fresh meat, just like us. If you want to look at buzzards, then they only go for dead animals that aren't moving (http://animals.howstuffworks.com...) Parasites would attach to rotting flesh and completely eat it? What type of parasite? My opponent has not been specific, so I will move on.

Zombies would eat each other

I will counter this by saying zombies don't have to eat for substance. They eat fresh humans because they are dead, and because they are dead, the zombies want to consume life. (http://zombies.monstrous.com...) Plus, I bet fresh humans taste a lot better anyway.

Humans got this

Zombies don't eat to survive as I stated before, they eat to consume life. I love how my opponent throws in that all he has to do is prove that 1 or 2 humans will survive the apocalypse. He didn't state this in round 1, so I'll offer up a more fair way the zombies will win-Zombies win if the world's population is reduced by at least 75%. I'll go off of that.

Bunkers

"The government and the elite no doubt have hiding spots to go to where they can hide in these bunkers with food to last them several lifetimes. They would just simply hide down there until their deaths. Vivos has also been making underground shelters in case of emergencies."

(http://www.debate.org...) My opponent simply copy and pasted an argument that 1Historygenius used... Anyway, there's no way to say that not one human will EVER leave the bunker. There's many things they can run out of, including medicine, fresh water, etc. Or they could eventually get cabin fever and leave. Or zombies could find the entrances to the bunkers and break in. Either way, bunkers do not guarantee protection.

Cross-apply for the panic rooms example.

My opponent then goes on to say that people on small islands with no connection to the outside world and that never run out of resources will survive. The island has to get their resources from somewhere, and because trade will surely halt as a result of the chaos that follows a zombie apocalypse, no resources would be coming to the island. So the humans would surely die.

"Also zombie would be slow so at best people can out walk them"

Zombies don't need to rest and don't get tired, so they can catch up to humans and eat them.

I have shot down my opponent's arguments. I have offered a far more fair way of determining which side wins (75% of world population must be lost) and because half of the world population would automatically turn into a zombie, surely this goal would be reached. Vote CON!

theazydebater

Pro

theazydebater forfeited this round.
Sans_the_Ander

Con

Extend my arguments. Vote Con
theazydebater

Pro

theazydebater forfeited this round.
Posted by praise-worthy-warrior 4 years ago
praise-worthy-warrior
yep he is, and i like that argument too lol.
Posted by Sans_the_Ander 4 years ago
Sans_the_Ander
Wow... is he really debating both of us on the same exact topic? With the exact same argument? What's the point of that? And I wish I had thought of zombie animals! Lol
praise-worthy-warrior
No thanks needed, but would appreciate you voting for me in my debate against azy, if I deserve it of course.
Posted by Sans_the_Ander 4 years ago
Sans_the_Ander
Why thank you good sir
praise-worthy-warrior
Good points sans, good points.