theazydebater
praise-worthy-warrior

Humans Would Defeat Zombies in a Global Pandemic

theazydebater

Pro

first round acceptance
praise-worthy-warrior

Con

I acccept the debate round
theazydebater

Pro

thank you for accepting

I like to start with a def Zombie, from http://dictionary.reference.com......
"the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less,"

A zombie is nothing more than dead flesh, and there is only one thing on a zombies mind "food food food fooooooooooooooooood" nothing else goes on in the mind so zombies can't climb stairs and ladders, they can only throw themselves forward. the con will say they have many different powers or can some how evolve but this is all Hollywood hype if there were zombies in normal life it would be a zombie DEAD ROTTING FLESH. which makes the whole zombie Apocalypse a short time frame(I will get more on later).

point 1 zombies worst enemies
1 weather /environment
a) zombie are not immune to weather any evidence saying other wise is Hollywood hype a zombie as I said before is just dead flesh throwing them self forward for food, so if a survivor went north the dead flesh will freeze 10x as fast, or a survivor can just run in to the forest and then zombies chasing them will trip/ fall over them self just to get to you and if a survivor cant out run dead flesh falling every second they deserve to die.
b)Also expand on the point zombies can't climb only throw them selves forward so stairs and ladders, which means there is no way zombies could effectively kill or infect anyone, also before con comes up here with a crack pot website saying oh "well every movie,survival guide ,or book" says they can go up stairs (or evidence hat say they got super powers) Remember we are capitalist society and that means we will do what ever money, and to be honest if hey but the truth in movies and that stuff,that zombies can't climb stairs and other stuff, just throw them selves forward the movie would be boring and no one would watch and there would be no action and/or there is no plot when all you have to do is sit on atop of a stair case.
c) also extend what I said above and cross apply it to is phrase"zombies cant swim" so all survivors would have to do if getting cased is to go swimming, they would sink like rocks

2 rednecks, street gangs and military veterans

a)(the rednecks)http://www.defenestrator.org...... Obama is the only thing holding them back imagine told lawlessness redneck would turn it in to a game "billeybob I bet I can kill more than you" "your on billeybob, get the trunk". Also rednecks practice every hunting season on deer and other stuff, deer are harder to hunt than killing zombies
b) gangs, have stock piles of on, even tho they cant shoot right zombies would be slow
c) military, same as above except they know how to shoot

Also ever one know for anything to function is a human body has to be a brain shooting them in the head or decapitation is common since.

3 animals /parasites
a) dead rotting flesh with slow reaction time together means birds would tear there apart along with any other carnivore.
b) parasites would do the same thing attach and eat

Second point zombies would eat each other
As I said in my first point the movie exaggerate the truth to get a plot if zombies were real then they would eat each other, before or after all humans are gone from their line of sight, all they can process is "hey that some food... BRAINS... yum"

Point three, "Humans got this"
Zombies will inevitably die even if you don't believe any other argument they will inevitably die for ruining out of food. So all I have to do is prove is that 1 or 2 people will out last the zombie Apocalypse.

many people could survive

Underground Bunkers

The government and the elite no doubt have hiding spots to go to where they can hide in these bunkers with food to last them several lifetimes. They would just simply hide down there until their deaths. Vivos has also been making underground shelters in case of emergencies.

There is always people who have panic rooms and/or can bored up and survive that way
Small islands were there is only 10 or so people who live on it and no connection to the outside world- it is imposable for con to win that a zombie Apocalypse can reach a small island that as no connection to out side world which will never run out of resources.

Also zombie would be slow so at best people can out walk them
praise-worthy-warrior

Con

I would like to start off by talking about how my opponent's case is based mainly on what he calls "Hollywood hype" and hypocritically says that any attacks I would bring up will be based on "Hollywood Hype." My opponent says that extreme weather will kill off zombies and any evidence stating otherwise is false. My opponent then goes on to say that real zombies would not be able to climb stairs; what's his evidence? "Well you see zombies can only climb stairs in movies so Hollywood can make some money." Yeah, I don't really see any evidence. The point to be made here, though, is that he repeatedly talks about how my possible attacks are just "Hollywood Hype" when his attacks are the ones based off of Hollywood.
Let's look at his point 1 for a minute. His sub point A states that zombies are not immune to the extremities, but what he fails to realize is that they are the undead, whose bodily functions are no longer like a living humans. What this means is that there veins no longer work and that means they feel no pain as it is the veins that make the living feel pain. Since Zombies cannot feel pain they do not care if the temperature is -100F or 100F they will continue to do what they do (which btw is not eat, more on that later). http://zombie.wikia.com...
His sub point B says that they cannot climb stairs, but why? He unfortunately offers no reason. Let's look at the facts for a second: they have legs and hands. If anything the zombies mind is at the intelligence level of an animal. Animals realize that they can lift their legs up and down to climb, why not zombies? The best part is zombies even have opposable thumbs which would allow them to learn to open doors as well. So reason tells us that at minimum zombies would learn to "walk" on all fours' if nothing else.
His sub point C says they cannot swim, why? Once again: no reason. The simple fact is that since zombies are dead they do not need air to live which will allow them to able to breathe underwater and possible swim after they realize that by moving their hands a certain way they can keep afloat.
His second sub point states that rednecks, street gangs and military veterans will kill the zombies; that's all great but humans do get tired and they'll eventually have to rest. This resting period leaves a great time for the zombies to attack, as zombies do not need rest since they are all ready dead. MY opponent will say that people will take shifts in defending and that may be true but it's one mistake that'll cause many more to become zombies. There's also the fact that if people are too busy trying to protect themselves from zombies then who will be producing electricity, gas, food, shelter, clothes, and etc. So all zombies need to do is "live" long enough for humans to run out of supplies and then the human race will end.
His first point 3 (as he labeled his point 4 as point three) actually makes some sense. There will be hungry animals looking for a meal and will try to east the zombies, but that's actually good for the zombies as a whole since the animal will now become infected by the zombie. The zombie can spread its virus to the animals and have a whole new army of "animal zombies" on its side to further destroy human society.
His second point three( which is actually point 4) is the funniest argument of all. He says, and I quote, "Zombies will inevitably die…" Considering that zombies are already dead they cannot die. What would happen? They "die" and become reborn again as a zombie again? The sad part is that my opponent has fallen victim to "Hollywood hype" and believes that zombies need food to "live." As he himself stated "Remember we are capitalist society and that means we will do whatever [for] money, and to be honest if [t]hey [p]but the truth in movies … no one would watch and there would be no action." The only reason zombies think "food food food fooooooooooooooooood" in HOLLYWOOD movies is because Hollywood needs its movies; to do that they make zombies crave human brains as to provide a plot. The truth is that zombies are dead and because they are dead they cannot die from a lack of food.
Now my opponent states that there will be people who are secluded from the zombies and they will now be protected from infection. The simple fact however is that these people will have to be secluded forever due to the fact that zombies cannot die on their own. Unless someone uses "common since" (yes my opponent forgot to use common sense and spell common sense right) and destroys a zombies head a zombie will live on until their bodies decompose which can be prevented. All you need is a mad scientist and some Formaldehyde. The crazy scientist tries to control the zombies but he needs to make the zombies last. He gets a lot of Formaldehyde and covers the zombies in it thus preventing their decomposition. Thus the zombies have become immortal in a way. So now since we have immortal zombies who have taken over the whole world except for the few who are secluded I would say the zombies have won. This is because the few that are secluded will have to completely restart civilization since the zombies have killed off the majority of people and the few that live will not likely know how to produce or manufacture anything such as electricity, houses, food, cars, and etc. Why? Because as my opponent stated the underground bunkers are for the government and I doubt President Obama knows how to grow cotton for fabric much less make electric plants for electricity. The other survivors on secluded islands will eventually get affected since viruses will affect animals as well. How? A seagull eats a zombie, the seagull flies over the water and dies, before being reborn gets eaten by a big fish, which will get infected and get eaten by another animal etc. Eventually the ocean will be full of "zombie animals" and the secluded islands will more than likely rely on fish for food. Someone will eat an infected animal and become a zombie himself or herself and spread the virus throughout the island. Yes this will take a long time but eventually the zombies will win as logic has proven. So don't listen to my opponents biased "Hollywood hype," multiple spelling errors, and grammar errors and vote con in today's debate. Thank you
theazydebater

Pro

theazydebater forfeited this round.
praise-worthy-warrior

Con

Considering my opponent seems to have forfeited, vote con.
theazydebater

Pro

theazydebater forfeited this round.
praise-worthy-warrior

Con

Vote con, thank you.
Posted by praise-worthy-warrior 4 years ago
praise-worthy-warrior
well to sum up the debate, pro forfeited. So I win Atleast by default. Lol. Please vote con
Posted by Jhate 4 years ago
Jhate
honestly is the first zombie happned we would probably already have it contained. Its america we do drastic things ha
praise-worthy-warrior
To sans, yep
To beachy, sorry but you're wrong lol
Posted by Sans_the_Ander 4 years ago
Sans_the_Ander
so he forfeited his round with you too?
Posted by Beachgirly 4 years ago
Beachgirly
We would so defeat zombies !! :D
praise-worthy-warrior
What about the other people on debate.org? Are you going to invite them all over too?
Posted by theazydebater 4 years ago
theazydebater
you can come to my house i will show you lol
praise-worthy-warrior
Did you seriously blame your keyboard? Lol
Posted by theazydebater 4 years ago
theazydebater
Muhammad my keyboard is too slow and I type to fast some times the order of the words gets mixed around and there is some auto correct thing on my stop pointing out grammar please. Also as you can see by my name my "L" doesn't work i literally have to copy and paste every time

Don't vote me down on grammar cause my keyboard is broke.

Also I didn't change the evidence lol
praise-worthy-warrior
Ill assume you meant someone. Anyways thank you for pointing out that wikia sites are not as reliable as I thought. I will not use them again and will provide alternate evidence in my next speech. However don't you think changing the whole article is a little over the top. Next time please inform me in less extreme ways in order to avoid disturbing other people websites, this will make the debate more fun and less unruly.