Humans are Vile beings.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Humans are definitely vile beings. We fight constant wars for pointless reasons. For example, in some parts of the world, people are battling to get others to convert to their religion. They will force others to convert by any means necessary. They will not stop until they either win or are completely destroyed. Another reason we fight wars is for resources and money. Humans will do anything to get their hands on money and other luxuries. Even if it means killing others. Ergo, humans are the most selfish beings in existence.

I accept the challenge. Thank you Pro for setting up this debate.

I am supposed to argue that "Humans are not Vile Beings". It's crystal clear that Pro is making Faulty Generalization and Wishful Thinking Fallacies.

Vileness is just one of our qualifies, it doesn't necessarily need to define us.
Let me throw some light on it.
There are people fighting in the name of religion because they have committed themselves to a particular dogma. Similarly there are also people who follow the path of Non-Violence and Compassion, thanks to their religion.

So you see, the coin is even with two sides and Pro is seeing only one side, I request him to see the bigger picture.

Forcing someone to convert to your religion via violence is never acceptable. Allow me to give an example. Before I do so, please note that I respect all religious beliefs and I am just giving an example. I am an atheist. If someone or a group of people tried get me to change my religious beliefs with violence, I would immediately be against them.

Anyways, when you have a group trying to get people to change their religious beliefs with force, they are labeled as terrorists or an extremist group. In other words, people see them as evil.

And as for the people who used nonviolence and compassion, they most likely wanted to lash out but had the willpower not to do so. Thus, their and our human nature is evil for even wanting to act violently.

I have got another reason to support my argument as to how humans are vile beings. If we look at the government and its politicians, it is easy to say that the whole system is corrupt. Corruption is a form of evil. Pocketing money from taxes, abusing authority, and accepting bribes is all proof of corruption.

Indeed forcing people to accept a religion/ideology is unacceptable and it is our duty to fight back for our rights against such people.

Evil is just a possibility of human nature just like kindness. What if an evil person starts acting kind? would you change the debate topic to "Humans are Kind Beings"?

Corruption is a big issue. Its impossible to change the world, all we can do is to change ourselves. We don't need to Panic but simply focus on doing good things.

Humans are as susceptible to being Vile, as they are to being Kind. So imposing vileness alone is pretty inaccurate.

Resolution negated, Vote Con!

jeffrey1667 forfeited this round.

Ash_RationalTheist forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 8 months ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro starts the debate arguing that humans are vile beings and giving several examples to back this claim up. Con starts by pointing out two fallacies which Pro committed, and which Pro never counter-rebutted. Con also argued that humans aren't always vile and can be good too, and thus Pro is failing to see the big picture. Pro then responds by arguing that humans are evil by nature and that just because they have the willpower to stop doesn't mean that they aren't evil. Con counters this again by referring to the fact that humans aren't *always* vile and can be good at times too. Pro then forfeits the final round, leaving Con's counters to stand unchallenged. Due to Pro failing to uphold the BOP and leaving Con unchallenged in the end, Con wins the debate.