bettabreeder
1davey29

Humans are animals

bettabreeder

bettabreeder

Pro

I belive that Humans are in the Primate group of mammals that are Animals. We are warm-blooded, give live-birth, and have hair. Also every living thing on this Earth is classified in a group of living organisms. From Arecaceae to cichlidae they are all classified and in a group so why not us humans.
1davey29

Con

I believe humans cannot be classified as animals. While we do share many traits with mammals, we are more sophisticated and have the ability to use complex logic and reasoning in our everyday lives.
bettabreeder

Pro

Human are in the group Mammalia, we all got fur, give live birth and are warm blooded. We are closely related to chimpanzees because of how we both raise families, care for young, form gangs, kill others, and have emotion. Science has proven that the smartest animal is not the Humans but the Bottlenose Dolphin

Our close relative as I said is the Chimps, native to around where the first humans were first to devolve. In the wild chimpanzees use sticks to go into the holes to collect termites for food. They form groups that they will mate for love and raise children for years like people. Chimps will also form gangs and attack smaller individuals, like people they will defend themselves or attack. They also have emotion, Chimps can get mad over food and care for a while, or die if there mom died if a sickness. Parrots are pretty smart too, Alex was a African Grey Parrot who knew as much a five year old and a emotional level as a two year old.

https://www.youtube.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

With being the smartest, Chimps and Dolphins are #1. If you think about us humans we are pretty stupid, we cut down a tree and write on it to save paper. Dolphins have been used to spy on ships in the U.S Navy.
1davey29

Con

You lost me on dolphins are smarter than humans. Do you see dolphins creating technology such as cars or equipment to breath on land or any of that? Plus you stated "Dolphins have been used to spy on ships in the U.S Navy" but who came up with the idea to use them to spy on ships? Humans.
bettabreeder

Pro

Us humans were made different than dolphins to develop technology as dolphins were not made as well to develop technology. Let's just forget about the I.Q of the animals because that doesn't make you an animal.
There are many things that make you an animal,
Ask yourself...
Do I have hair on any part of my body?
Am I breathing the air that I need to live by?
Did I eat today to help me live and grow stronger?
Do humans reproduce by a male and a female?

These are all sights of being a mammal. We might be smarter than most of the other species, live in cement, drive cars and own other animals as pets. We are still animals. The only thing that differs from us and other animals is how we live. Chimps are a close relative and they catch prey with tools and make family's kinds like us

Credits: science class
1davey29

Con

1davey29 forfeited this round.
bettabreeder

Pro

I will give Con some time for he can debate soon
1davey29

Con

1davey29 forfeited this round.
bettabreeder

Pro

Ill give him some time
1davey29

Con

1davey29 forfeited this round.
Posted by 1davey29 3 years ago
1davey29
This is what happens when my parents ground me.
Posted by Nickopen1002 3 years ago
Nickopen1002
"This dolphin in Australia uses a sponge to protect her snout when foraging on the seafloor, a tool use behavior that is passed on from mother to daughter. Scientists say that's just one sign of dolphin smarts. Other signs include distinct whistles and clicks that may serve as dolphin names, perhaps used in a type of language. A famous 1960s experiment found that a pair of dolphins entered a tizzy of creativity once they figured out their novel behaviors were rewarded with fish. Frustrated human test subjects just let out a sigh of relief when they caught on to the idea."

This is what you linked me to? Seriously? No where in here does it say dolphins are smarter than humans. Not a single spot. I actually cannot understand how you can even begin to believe they are smarter than us. Is this the right article?!
Posted by bettabreeder 3 years ago
bettabreeder
@knub I'm already vegetarian, I'm not looking to go further
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
I wonder, bettabreeder, whether you will become a vegan in the future.
Posted by Nickopen1002 3 years ago
Nickopen1002
Dolphins are smarter than humans. LOST DEBATE. please hit us with some facts. So far I'm thinking bettabreeder < dolphins < humans.
Posted by JCBthaname 3 years ago
JCBthaname
i believe that the debate was lost when he said,"bottlenose dolphins are smarter than humans". i just busted out laughing.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 3 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
If a set of things has all the properties that define another set of things, plus other properties, then it must be a subset of that other set of things.

Humans have all characteristics that animals have, and must thus be a subset of animals. Logical thinking, etc., only indicate that humans are different from the rest of the animals.
Posted by JMJ316 3 years ago
JMJ316
Yes, humans are scientifically classified as animals. However, where is the proof that dolphins are smarter than humans? I would love to read that. I wasn't away that dolphins had the ability to make a car or visit the moon..
Posted by benito_felipe 3 years ago
benito_felipe
Humans are definitely animals. To think that we aren't is quite arrogant in my opinion. We have hearts, just like animals. We have brains, eyes, ears, mouths, noses. The only difference is the intelligence. But there are animals that are extremely fast, and extremely strong. But they are still considered animals
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
bettabreeder1davey29Tied