vampandaz
Roberts333

Humans are no better than animals?

Roberts333

vampandaz

Pro

Animals are no better than humans, and no human is better than an animal. Many people believe that animals are lesser than us because they have no true language, they act on instinct, and they aren't the dominant species of the world, But Humans don't have one true language, they act on instinct (Murder, Sex, drugs, smoking, dancing, running, swimming, laughing, everything, etc) Are fish any less of an animal than a bear because they cant walk or use their hands? Are bunny's any less of an animal because they cant slither like a snake? Are humans any less an animal because they can build things and think before action over instinct?
Roberts333

Con

First, I'd like to start by saying I see where you are going. But then again, even though it's horrid to think of, murder isn't instinct, it's will. Animals don't kill each other to satisfy themselves. They do it so they can eat, and survive. Also, on the same topic, could an animal make a knife or gun to kill with? And I'm not even going to get into animals making drugs. In a way, I understand your argument. But there are so many things that set us apart from animals. We can think, and we don't act purely on instinct as you said. An animal can't draw a picture, or read a book. An animal can't make a computer or phone. An animal couldn't make the argument that I am typing right now. I understand where you are coming from, but there is just so much more human can do than animals, and I feel it makes us better than animals.
vampandaz

Pro

I see where you are coming from of course but the thing is that elephants, monkeys and other animals have drawn, typed, etc. And many things we do are on instinct even murder, considering many people murder to survive if they are being forced, or murder because they believe they have to. Did you know if you give a bird wire and a bottle with food in it they will BEND THE WIRE INTO A WAY THAT IT CAN GRAB THE FOOD and use it to fish the food out? that is making tools. in which humans do. Parrots can speak (which I of course do not hold as a fact that they are human) Chimpanzee's even have Culture. In Korea their is an elephant who has been taught to say "hello" "Good" "No", and "lie Down" (of course in Korean) which shows that even elephants can speak the same as we.
Roberts333

Con

But all these animals, that can draw and type and talk, were taught these things by us, the humans. And also, being forced to murder someone would only be the cause of someone else's free will, because of what they choose to do. And the bird thing shows that animals are most likely more intelligent than we credit them for. But that is just using it's surroundings to it's advantage. It couldn't make an ax to chop down a tree, then use the logs to make paper. It couldn't use sand and ovens to bake down glass and make it into a screen, then make a crystal liquid display system to put on an I-pod touch. And animals don't create thermometers, or compasses. And they don't focus on things like the theory of relativity, or gravity, because it doesn't matter to them like it does to us. They just have a world, and they live in it. While humans, who have free will, press on to make scientific discoveries, curious about the world, trying to figure out it's complex mysteries. So while we sometimes do act out of instinct, all the amazing things we do makes up for it, and makes us better than animals.
vampandaz

Pro

We were taught to type, talk, run, build and everything else. And I believe that if animals had the generations and generations of time to develop into learning languages and parents who could raise them into these things and more that they could speak as we do, paint and even more. You are assuming that humans are better than animals because of the technological advantages we have but have you considered that their way in life is more peaceful, doesn't count on money to survive, suckers us into being their slaves (lolz) But the thing is that your using arguments that we do using our thumbs, which animals aren't made to do. We cant breath underwater, we cant smell like dogs, or use echo location like bats, we don't excrete silk out of our butts like spiders, we could never even make a home with only our body. But that's not because we are not as smart as them that's because they are made for that, same way we (and monkeys) use our thumbs to grab and make things, or do the things we can. You are using arguments that are impossible for animals to do, but there is so much animals can do that humans will never be able to accomplish. And out of all the animals that talk none have said they are better than us, so maybe they even have better etiquette than us?
My dog Tylenol gets up in the morning, and she don't shower but her hair is perfect (unlike mine) she stinks like dog but we don't bug her bout it, then she gets us to serve her food, and treats, the highest class water, then we turn on the t.v and leave to go to work to keep her heat, her food, and her shelter. now whose serving who? shouldn't the lesser serve the better? :) believe me I'm not saying Tylenol is better than me, I'm just making my argument with some humor! (and possibly some jealousy)
Roberts333

Con

Roberts333 forfeited this round.
Posted by shneeba 3 years ago
shneeba
Psh retard. Humans r so much better
Posted by Roberts333 3 years ago
Roberts333
I'm going to bed, I'll finish this debate tomorrow. See ya vampandaz.
Posted by vampandaz 3 years ago
vampandaz
Im getting my info from different web sites, I will comment the links to prove this is true.
http://www.livescience.com...
Posted by Hematite12 3 years ago
Hematite12
I agree, but for different reasons.
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 3 years ago
Seeginomikata
vampandazRoberts333Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Confuct- con abandonment of final round arguments- it seems pro was trying to equate people with animals based on behavior and ability. While the message makes sense, trying to show that the ability and behavior of people is only on par with a basic animal is just plain false. As con showed in his/her arguments, humans are inherently capable of much more than any other animal could possibly achieve, and thus are superior.