steviemarie
imabench

Humans are smarter than animals

imabench

steviemarie

Pro

Humans are the smartest creatures on this earth, and have proved so time and time again. Every other animal, whether they fall under the category of mammals or reptiles, or any other form, are not as smart as humans are.

3 round debate. Thank you in advance.
imabench

Con

I accept this debate and will argue that

1) Humans are some of the dumbest animals on the face of the Earth
2) Humans are actually animals so they cannot be smarter than themselves
3) Other animal species are pretty smart
4) Humans are some of the dumbest animals on the face of the Earth and their leaders are the dumbest of all.

These will be my arguments, I will now let the Pro argue why she believes that humans are somehow smarter than animals.

Other tan that,

steviemarie

Pro

Thank you for accepting. I look forward to this debate.

I do condede on the technicality that humans are indeed amnimals - so from now on I suppose I will debate that humans are smarter than OTHER animals.

Humans are the only creatures on earth that have the ability to rationalize. Squirrels can't rationalize not to jump in the middle of the street, whereas humans are able to rationalize that that may not be the best idea.

Humans also have the ability to cognitively think whereas other animals do not.

Humans have invented language, cars, computers, telephones, etc wheres most other animals live simply on instinct and their every day consists solely of obtaining food and shelter.
imabench

Con

"Humans are the only creatures on earth that have the ability to rationalize. Squirrels can't rationalize not to jump in the middle of the street, whereas humans are able to rationalize that that may not be the best idea."

How many people have ever Jaywalked in their lifetime? Ive done it a thousand times and Ive been hit by a car myself. The weird part was the car was parked so I am technically dumber than a squirrel. But Im not the only one. People routinely do stupid stuff in the streets all the time, see the first two videos of a man dressed in a snail costume blocking a highway and a busy intersection

the man wasnt even trying to get from one place to another or to even cross the street, he is doing it solely for laughs and to piss off drivers in 3000 pound death machines, but what makes humans as dumb as animals is that humans KNOW the danger they are in but DISREGARD those warnings and continue on doing the brainless stunt that have gotten many people killed over the years.....

Heres one of a guy dancing in the middle of the street..... He ended up getting hit by an ice cream truck and fractured like half the bones in his body (im guessing the right half since thats where the truck hit him).....

Humans are as dumb as squirrels..... We routinely put ourselves in unnecessary danger and we do it in the dumbest way possible. There are countless videos on youtube of people eating something until they throw up, or drinking until they black out, or voluntarily hurting themselves for the amusement of others, where as animals dont do that. Animals are not attention seekers like humans are.

"Humans also have the ability to cognitively think whereas other animals do not."
Apes know very well what they are capable of, see the next video of a monkey weilding an AK-47 open fire on humans and declare victory.

Other animals do know how to think for themselves to, and organize with others. There is evidence that monkeys know how to plan out organized warfare against other monkeys. Im not making this up heres the link. The link also shows how monkeys know details about prostitution, how fish band together to survive against other larger predators, and how successful birds are at toolmaking.
http://www.cracked.com...

"Humans have invented language"
And we SUCK at using it, the next video shows a surfer dude who cant say a single coherant sentence...

English is supposedly one of the most used languages in the world yet we have letters that share the same pronounciation as other letters. Another issue we have is that the plurality of words in English doesnt make sense at all.

Goose -> Geese
Moose -> Mooses, not meese

How about words that we pronounce differently than they are spelled?
Bologna,
Colonol,
February,
Wednesday

We have been using the same messed up languages for years now and the world speaks so many different versions whereas almost all animals have one language that works great for them......

"cars, computers, telephones"
People suck at using computers too! next video shows how humans try to fix their computers

Humans are as dumb as any other animal, dont believe me yet?

We arent that much different from animals, in fact many animals show characteristics very similar to us and our lifestyles and we ourselves still barely function as a society. Many animals are just as smart as humans such as dolphins, chimpanzees, dogs, cats, and yes even squirrels
steviemarie

Pro

The fact that you know are able to rationalize what jaywalking is and knwoingit's dangerous puts your mental level above an animals' other than a human.

Someone pulling a prank or doing something silly doesn't mean their mental capabilities are less than that of an animal or than human.

The fact that humans actively seek out attention and affection proves our minds are more complex than that of an animal for we seek the approval of others whereas animals can't rationalize these emotions as we can.

Apes are more intellegent that other types of animals, but still not as intellegent as humans. Humans are the ones that created the AK-47 for the ape to use.

A lot of what those monkeys were doing was instinct - humans have instinct as well. Insticnt however doesn't put a monkey's intellegence over a humans.

Have you never heard of a "sufer dude". That's all he is. To another surfer I'm sure he's speaking coherently.

People may not always use computers correctly, but the fact of the matter is HUMANS were able to invent and develop them, not any other type of animal.

George W. Bush is the lowest of the low. I can easily show a picture of Steve Jobs, Ben Franklin, Mark Zuckerberg as examples of humans smarter than animals. As a whole, humans are smarter than other animals.
imabench

Con

"The fact that you know are able to rationalize what jaywalking is and knwoingit's dangerous puts your mental level above an animals' other than a human."

Maybe you didnt hear me, I once jaywalked and got hit by a parked car.... Even a braindead duck hasnt done something that stupid before....

"Someone pulling a prank or doing something silly doesn't mean their mental capabilities are less than that of an animal or than human."

Being smart means more than just being able to comprehend the world around you, being smart depends on deciding what you do with that information. Humans regularly accept the fact that doing certain things is very dangerous and can be harmful yet they continue to disregard and ignore warning signs which is a sign of stupidity and ignorance, not smartness.

"The fact that humans actively seek out attention and affection proves our minds are more complex than that of an animal for we seek the approval of others....."

Being a street hooker to get attention and affection isnt smart, intelligent, nor is it an argument for superiority of the human race over other animals.

"Apes are more intellegent that other types of animals, but still not as intellegent as humans. Humans are the ones that created the AK-47 for the ape to use."
So on one side we have humans who made the AK-47 and gave it to the ape as a joke after failing to see if there would be consequences...... And on the other side you have the apes who have never even seen an AK-47 before who figured out how to work it, how to aim it, and how to use it to triumph over humans.... Which one sounds more intelligent?

"A lot of what those monkeys were doing was instinct - humans have instinct as well. Insticnt however doesn't put a monkey's intellegence over a humans."
Sure it does, take spiders for example. Spiders have a sense that can be used to detect danger before it happens and allows them time to react. Humans do not have such a sense so that could make spiders more intelligent than humans.

"Have you never heard of a "sufer dude". That's all he is. To another surfer I'm sure he's speaking coherently."
So all surfers sound like idiots to you? That is racist towards surfers and that is ignorant of you. Other animals do not falsley accuse others of automatically being of lower intelligence based on what their hobbies are, humans are the only ones who try to judge others based on irrelevant pieces of information........ That alone can be used to argue that Humans are of equal intelligence of animals.

"People may not always use computers correctly, but the fact of the matter is HUMANS were able to invent and develop them"
We may have made them but we arent the only ones who know how to use them....
http://www.engadget.com...
http://www.foxnews.com...

"George W. Bush is the lowest of the low."

The only reason I put that in the largest font possible was to annoy 16kadams, that is all.

" I can easily show a picture of Steve Jobs, Ben Franklin, Mark Zuckerberg as examples of humans smarter than animals"

Oh is that so?

Steve Jobs invented 4 iphones, 2 ipads, a half dozen ipods, and none of them support flash, how is that smart?
Ben Franklin put a metal key on a kite and flew it during a thunderstorm, how is that smart?
Mark Zuckerberg owns Facebook which bought the useless Instagram for a Billion dollars, how is that smart?

Even the smartest humans do some of the most brainless and stupid things you could imagine.

Forfeited arguments
1) Humans use and fail to use many languages that are contradictory to common sense and range in letters ad pronunciations. Animals on the other hand have one universal language that is completely understood by all members.
2) Animals show many characteristics that are comparable to that of intelligent humans.
3) Humans regularly understand the dangers of a situation yet continue to proceed even though they know the danger.
4) Humans have some of this stupidest leaders and the Pro even concedes this

Humans and animals are comparable in intelligence, but there is no clear gap between the intelligence of humans and animals since humans do some of the dumbest things you can imagine.

I thank the Pro for a fun debate and I thank the voters for reading :D
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Weekly troll debate is up :D

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Thanks Thett!!! ;D
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Royal I can't win very debate I troll, then there wouldn't be any fun when I win
Posted by royalpaladin 4 years ago
royalpaladin
You know, debates like this should be removed or should be auto wins for imabench. This resolution was created to give the Pro a free win.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Bush was a f*cking terrible President, get over it. Your only consolation is that Obama is continuing his policies, but making them worse.

Hoover is to Roosevelt, as Bush is to Obama
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
the pictures are...... uncalled for
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
watch all the videos and laugh away
Posted by beatmaster2012 4 years ago
beatmaster2012
I like it how con has actually a chance of winnning this.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Game on
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
steviemarieimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: purposely pissing me off = conduct. Rest = I cannot vote seriously on
Vote Placed by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
steviemarieimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Making a resolution that's unwinnable means you deserve to lose. Imabenchs trolling was justified
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
steviemarieimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Abusive topic so I give conduct/SG to Con to make a tie
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 4 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
steviemarieimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: The phrase "knwoingit's" made me want to cut myself. What the f**k does that even mean? Also, imabench gets conduct for taking the p*ss out of 16kadams. But on the serious note, I gave steveiemarie for making a coherent argument, while imabench did not rebut all of them successfully, and steviemarie's were prima facie. However, the debate was close, so 1 point for "convincing" argument, as I still wasn't convinced.
Vote Placed by KILLUMINATI 4 years ago
KILLUMINATI
steviemarieimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: when that huge tsunami hit indonesia every animal except for humans ran away...........as far as the debate the images were not called I mean they did not add to con's case