James.ticknor
studentathletechristian8

Humans are stupid. (stupid- Lack of knowledge of all things and it's functions at a basic level)

James.ticknor

Pro

(Think fast)

To define stupid, in a cosmic sense, not literal, we would have to look at the overall wealth of knowledge in the entire cosmos. It could be said that this is infinite, we don't know, but if it is not, we are nowhere near enough to knowing all of it.

I have a theory. If you ask the question "Why?" to most any statement, then eventually you will come to the point where you do not know the answer. For example, many children ask their parents seemingly redudant questions "Why, how, etc." over simple things. The parent, usually, from what I've seen in my lifetime, is the eventual "I don't know." Until my oppenent disproves my own memory, then this point will forever stand.

Judging by the wealth of knowledge out of our reach, it is safe to say we are stupid.

VOTE MILK.

Why did I say that? I don't know. Why? Because I'm too stupid to know. Why? I don't know. Why? I DON"T KNOW!!...........okay, daddy.....
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate.

My opponent has not offered real argumentation to affirm the resolution. He merely states that he has a "theory," but does not provide any evidence, proof, or application of the theory to the topic at hand. His "memory circumstance" does not prove that people are stupid.

Why are humans stupid? How are humans stupid? In what way are humans stupid?

My opponent has not given real argumentation or proof to affirm the resolution. Thus, the resolution has not been affirmed, and I hurge a Con vote.

It seems my opponent is creating ridiculous debate topics quite recently. He makes one-round debates about topics that he does not support with facts or evidence. In fact, I was only given five minutes to create my statements.

Thus far, my opponent has not been able to affirm the resolution or provide logical backing to his perspective. I heavily urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by James.ticknor 7 years ago
James.ticknor
Many typos...
Posted by James.ticknor 7 years ago
James.ticknor
I love controversy and arousing feelings in a debate. It makes it more interesting and meaningful. I also even foreshadowed, telling my opponent to "think fast".

And, I know, I have been creating one round debates. Ironically, my goal is not to win these, which I am being proven successful. These debates, while should be final, are actually evidences in a debate that I will hold with someone with my new account, suggesting that, to use an old quote, "The man who laughs last" wins.

In other words, the person who can come up with the last arguement, namly con, will have already had influence over the crowd. However, there are still many loopholes with this that I want to work out.

Long ago, I shot my win ratio. I am going to make an alternate account, one that I will, hopefully, maintain a high ration. With this, I'll just prepare for it with similar, though completely different debates. Good luck!
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
I voted PRO in arguments with similar reasoning to Cody_Franklin. PRO did present an argument which CON did not attacking.
Posted by Sky_ace25 7 years ago
Sky_ace25
If you are going to accept a debate, no matter how ridicolous it is, you should treat it like it is a real debate. So he is not using evidence, o.k, honestly it's easy to find evidence for any side in most debates. The main thing is, atleast make an argument. Why are humans not sutpid or why are they stupid. Honestly, some people are in such a rush to instantly point the finger at the lack of evidence, lets see a possible counter argument and "then" put and he lacks evidence. Simple, aint it?
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
I felt like it ;) It's not ridiculous in the sense of being "obnoxious." Rather, it's ridiculous in the sense of its humor in resolution and actual debate.
Posted by leet4A1 7 years ago
leet4A1
"Conduct: I stated that "this debate is ridiculous" because it was only one round and I was only given five minutes to argue. I really feel that I should not have been taken off for conduct."

Then why did you accept the debate in the first place?
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Conduct: Attacking the "ridiculousness" of the debate was completely unnecessary, it's that simple. If you thought the debate was ridiculous, you shouldn't have taken it. Complaining about it IN THE DEBATE ROUND didn't persuade me to vote Con.

Arguments: Pro clearly argued that we possessed very little knowledge when compared to the vast wealth of knowledge present in the universe. The number of mysteries still taunting us is fairly high, and we haven't the first clue about everything out there. The vastness of universal knowledge is self-evident. Your "Who is to say..." point validates our cosmic stupidity. We have no idea how much we really know, especially compared to the total amount of possible knowledge in the universe.
studentathletechristian8
Conduct: Seriously? I did not attack my opponent or say anything rude. I merely posted several statements in regards to the criteria of the debate. I'd hate to see what you feel about how kids act in school if you take off conduct for that ...

Arg: Stupidity is relative. Humans are stupid compared to ... ? My opponent made statements, generalizations, and assumptions. How does my opponent know the vast wealth of knowledge that "awaits" us? Who is to say we have learned a majority of the knowledge that the universe contains. Exactly my point. Assumptions and generalizations without any real proof or evidence is invalid. Therefore, the args points should have either gone Con or to none.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Conduct: "Ridiculous" or not, you still took it. You could have looked at the conditions beforehand, so you either ignored them, or were too careless to look; either way, that doesn't justify the remarks made in the debate itself. If you wanted to make comments like that, then "Comments" is the appropriate section for that.

Arguments: "Judging by the wealth of knowledge out of our reach, it is safe to say we are stupid."

That right there is Pro's argument. He explained that, given all of the attainable knowledge in the universe, humans possess very little of it; therefore, humans are stupid (in a cosmic sense).
studentathletechristian8
Conduct: I stated that "this debate is ridiculous" because it was only one round and I was only given five minutes to argue. I really feel that I should not have been taken off for conduct.

Args: Pro really never made an argument. He only stated what he thought "stupid" should be applied to. His use of "cosmic sense" and etc. was to clarify what form of "stupidity" he was referring. Pro did not actually make an argument.
Vote Placed by ricky78 7 years ago
ricky78
James.ticknorstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Vote Placed by Kahvan 7 years ago
Kahvan
Vote Placed by patsox834 7 years ago
patsox834
Vote Placed by QpSmiley 7 years ago
QpSmiley
Vote Placed by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Vote Placed by LB628 7 years ago
LB628