nedeo1
Hippo

Humans are the friendliest animals.

nedeo1

nedeo1

Con

Please accept this debate.

round one: arguments
round two: rebut and arguments
round three: rebut and arguments
round four: must state: round dismissed as agreed. nothing else is to be said

if debater fails to dismiss round four all arguments in round four are irrelevant.
Hippo

Pro

Thank you for creating this debate, My first round will contain 2 arguments.

Intelligent enough to be the Friendliest.
Humans, the most smartest beings on earth as evolution has showed us or for Christains, a walking gift. If a god or the proof that we are the smartest creatures on the world means we have a lot more potential then other animals. We prove on a day to day basis to balance our own lives and still have the time and effort to show love, although compared to other creatures Humans change in personality quite a large amount to their fellow People this means not every Human being will be the same in the amount of joy and compassion for their neighbour. I am positive my opponent will compare us with Dogs, yes their May be many heroic dog story's but they have very dangerous teeth and a power to kill, During a 9 year period in America, 283 people died from Rottweilers and Pit bulls alone and in 2013 32 U.S dog bites and terribly and many injured. I wouldn't try using dogs as an example.

Domino of Love.
Animals such as pets, zoo animals for them to bring the best they can be to you, you have to be to them. What I mean is if you are lost in a jungle and you saw a monkey 100% it won't come down to you and play with you, it must gain your trust and that means giving them love even if that is giving them food and water. And it is only after a period of time that Animal will trust a human truly and start to give some joy back, yes those animals are very friendly but it always has to start with some compassion from the Human and that's how these animals are showing it back to us. Yet again I advise My opponent to not say 'Well we just don't go around being nice to each other' but we really do, Humans can find a spare coin to give to the Homeless on the ground and we have this thing called Random Acts Of Kindness, we do this to help others, not to get something although that could be possible most people just do it to help the unfortunate.

Reference for Dog Stats: http://www.dogsbite.org...
nedeo1

Con

Thank you for your argument

My opponent has compared humans to dogs. I will have to call this one of the biggest mistakes you have made. you stated that 283 people died from Rottweilers and pit bulls alone. I state that at least 108 million humans were killed by, well, humans. Thats only in the twentieth century alone. We humans have an extremely large reputation for killing each other. Also, if a human disagrees on something then they tend to start a war. Dogs killed a few hundred people, this is nature, at least they weren't killing 108 million of themselves.

You also said that animals in a zoo wont come down and play with you unless you give them food, water or love. This is true but a stranger isn't going to start randomly playing with you on the street unless they are putting on an act for money. The problem with your argument is that you'r saying that animals aren't friendly to humans, but thats not the topic. Dogs are friendly to dogs, cats are friendly to cats and monkeys are friendly to monkeys. Humans are hostile to humans. Meet a human and you might say "hi" or you might just keep walking without even acknowledging them. Walk down a street with a dog and they want to play with each other all the time. Also since when were humans friendly to other animals, we make them suffer for testing medicine, butcher them for clothes, murder them for there pelt. Not only that but humans aren't friendly to humans. We kill each other, fight, steel, fail to donate, are greedy, never share. Thats not very friendly.

You all so said that we donate to homeless. Very rarely. You walk past buskers, homeless and poor people and many times have you donated more than 50$? When you have thousands of dollars you hand over one. You live with a family, a home and a pet. He has nothing but your 1$. How sad.

Humans aren't very friendly to themselves or other animals. They kill millions of themselves, harm millions of animals, are selfish. Why can't we be like a dog or cat? Say hi? Donate when others are in need? play and help strangers? Because we are selfish and hostile, definitely not friendly.
Hippo

Pro

Rebuttal ( you seemed to contain Rebuttal only so I will not bring forward anymore arguments. )

'We humans have an extremely large reputation for killing each other.'

Yes, it is true we do kill each other but we are more complex then other creatures. All Cats do is sleep, eat, drink, but us humans were giving this masterful brains and we disagree with one another. I do not agree with killers but really it is almost impossible to rid deaths of Humans by Humans, Some people are born savages some are brought up in a savage household and grew up to be murders. Humans are the most friendliest animals by far and my opponent is judging them by how intelligent we are.

'Meet a human and you might say "hi" or you might just keep walking without even acknowledging them. '

Are you asking for all Humans to stop and acknowledge everyone they walk past? As I say, we are smart critters and we have busy lives we are not going to have a conversation to everyone we meet. Keeping our lives balanced are hard enough, the stress with work and we can't behave like our fellow animals as for example a monkey it only feeds itself and everything else ( not much ) it must contain in its life. If we had the time, I am sure it would prove to you we are the most friendliest animals.
nedeo1

Con

rebuttal

yes, i'm judging us by how smart we are. We are smart so we disagree. Exactly, just because we are smart doesn't mean were friendly. Pro said: "Yes, it is true we do kill each other but we are more complex then other creatures. All Cats do is sleep, eat, drink, but us humans were giving this masterful brains and we disagree with one another. I do not agree with killers but really it is almost impossible to rid deaths of Humans by Humans, Some people are born savages some are brought up in a savage household and grew up to be murders. Humans are the most friendliest animals by far and my opponent is judging them by how intelligent we are." It is impossible to stop killers, because they are not friendly. You have just argued that humans are smart but not friendly.

No, i'm not asking any one to do anything, i'm making a point. Humans aren't that friendly in the sense that they can't say hi. Saying we are to busy and are there for friendly is like saying a mouse would punch a cat they are just to small, it doesn't help your debate and it doesn't prove anything. Just because you don't have the time to be friendly doesn't make you friendly. And I bet that if we had time to acknowledge each others we would sit on our buts and do something like play computer. Not only are we not friendly but we will take any chance we can to be lazy.

Points

Animals that we keep as pets don't kill there own kind or humans, humans kill both. If you adopted a dog it wouldn't go kill other dogs when they came near, it wouldn't even be suspicious, in fact it would play with them. Humans however fight over everything for there selfishness. I don't even have to state one animal to prove humans aren't the most friendly, I can say pets and most of them will be way friendlier. Even if an animal is equally friendly, humans still aren't the friendliest.
Hippo

Pro

Thank you Con for your great Rebuttal and Points.

Rebuttal:

'Animals that we keep as pets don't kill there own kind or humans, humans kill both. '

Animals can kill their own species, like Rottweilers and Pitt bulls kill their own kind and numerous other animals do as well. Yes we kill each other and animals but gold fight for example don't need to eat ( it couldn't eat us if it tried anyway) we are killing them for food to feed our ever growing population, and wouldn't that be cruel if we didn't feed our fellow humans?

You seem to compare us with pets, but there is a wild side to animals. Such as the Wild boar, they are known for taking out deer and have a extremely bad temper. These enraged animals often charge at Humans in sight and some incidents have been fatal, you call them unfriendly?

Sorry for my quick response, I apologise if you wanted me to add more.
nedeo1

Con

Rebuttal:

You compare the human to a wild boar which is obviously not a contender. Just because one animal is wild (and I accept that there are many more) does not mean that others aren't. Just because one example isn't friendly doesn't make a human friendly either.

I truly believe that a dog, cat, Guinea pig, mouse and bird are all examples of friendly animals, and trust me there are more. An example of a dog being friendly is this (http://www.today.com...)

"It happened on a dark Sunday evening in British Columbia, Canada, when Austin went outside to collect wood for his family's wood-burning furnace. He noticed that Angel, his happy-go-lucky golden retriever, was acting much more cautious and guarded than usual. Within moments, a cougar tried to pounce on Austin from less than 10 feet away. Angel jumped directly into the big cat's path and bore the brunt of the attack instead.
"She was my best friend, but now she's even greater to me. She's more than a best friend now," Austin said after the attack, which almost certainly would have killed Angel if a local police constable hadn't managed to shoot the cougar."

A dog saved an 11 year old boy, this is an act of courage and you would have to be a true friend to take a blow from a cougar, like a dog. If you were in this situation would you save the boys life and take a fatal blow? I'm willing to bet that that at least halve of you wouldn't, but it's clear that this dog wasn't even hesitant. These animals we know as pets are so much more.

Humans live in a world were we kill, steel, murder, rob, vandalise and insult each other over and over and over for what? Power? Fame? Are selves? Animals like angel save and commit to there doings, they help others survive, they are the true friends. I hope now you understand why humans are most definitely not the most friendliest animals.

can Pro please forfeit the other round as agreed, Thank you.
Hippo

Pro

Skipped as agreed.
Posted by notyourbusiness 2 years ago
notyourbusiness
This debate was rather flawed. In the beginning, "friendly" wasn't defined at all.

The two sides started debating on intelligence, which in my opinion has nothing to do with being friendly or not. Whatever reason for disputes or "unfriendliness", be it rivalry or having "masterful brains", in the end it is still "unfriendliness", which is the point of this debate.

There were some points worth noting such as the amount of killings, acts of kindness/friendliness such as donating to the homeless, etc.

With the given topic, all Con had to do was list an animal friendlier than humans, which isn't at all that hard compared to Pro's case. With all the articles and arguments online that can be found concerning the cruelty of humans, Con's case should be a piece of cake. Instead, he has gone in the wrong direction.

I will not vote on this debate as I believe that this should be a tie. My beliefs stick with Con's side, and I don't want that to be a deciding factor in who wins and who loses, as my belief was not influenced by this debate at all.
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
nedeo1HippoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better conduct and grammar, but Con had more convincing arguments