socialpinko
anarcholibertyman

Humans cannot have free will with the existence of an omniscnient god.

socialpinko

socialpinko

Pro

My position will be that if there were to exist an omniscient god then humans would not truly possess free will. Con will conversely argue that the concept of an omniscient god does not contradict the concept of free will.

This idea came up briefly in my last debate and I wanted to explore the topic more in depth.

Round 1: Acceptance, Definitions
Rounds 2 and 3: Arguments and Rebuttals

Definitions:

Free will: The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an agency such as fate or divine will. [1]

Omniscience: Having total knowledge; knowing everything [2]

[1] http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
[2] http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
anarcholibertyman

Con

I accept your challenge. Good luck to you on the debate!
socialpinko

Pro

Good luck to you as well.
My argument will be short and simple. If there exists an omniscient god then it knows everything that anyone will ever do. Let's say it knows that I will spill my soda. It would have known this since the beginning of time. So, I would have always been destined to spill my soda at say 2:35 p.m. on march 7, 2011. There is no logical way that I could not have spilled my soda at that exact time or this god would have not been omniscient.
Again, good luck.
anarcholibertyman

Con

"My argument will be short and simple."
This is a debate site. Your supposed to post long arguments with sources and stuff. Your pathetic argument doesn't even deserve a response. But I'll try anyway.
god supposedly exists outside of the laws of logic. Cause he creeted the lows of logic! So he can brake them if he wants!! Thatdoesn't mean he desnt exist it just meas you dont understand him!
socialpinko

Pro

"This is a debate site. Your supposed to post long arguments with sources and stuff."

There is no set format on how a debate is to be set up.

"Your pathetic argument doesn't even deserve a response."

There is a conduct vote. I see your new to the site so it is understandable if you did not know. I will advise you from now on to act a little more civil.

"Cause he creeted the lows of logic! So he can brake them if he wants!! Thatdoesn't mean he desnt exist it just meas you dont understand him!"

So you admit that it does not make sense logically for an omniscient god to exist along with free will. And this is simply an appeal to ignorance. You do not show why I am wrong or you are right. You simply accuse me of not understanding. Well then please enlighten me.

As this is my last round I advise voters to vote for me as my arguments were never refuted by my opponent.
anarcholibertyman

Con

"There is a conduct vote. I see your new to the site so it is understandable if you did not know. I will advise you from now on to act a little more civil."
I'm not trying to win the conduct vote. Im trying to win the argument! it doesnt mater if you hav better conduct if you lose!
"You do not show why I am wrong or you are right. You simply accuse me of not understanding. "
You are wronf cause god exists outside the laws of logic! he made them and you just cant understand.
vote anarcholibertyman!
Posted by Jillianl 6 years ago
Jillianl
Pro, I think it would be awesome if you posted up this debate again. I'd like to see an actual thoughtful debate on this subject as well.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
socialpinkoanarcholibertymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Cause he creeted the lows of logic! So he can brake them if he wants!! Thatdoesn't mean he desnt exist it just meas you dont understand him!" - somewin nads speeel cheeks!!
Vote Placed by Jillianl 6 years ago
Jillianl
socialpinkoanarcholibertymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually had a good point, to which Con simply said, God's God so we just can't understand . . . rather weak.