AngelusMortis
westerly2004

Hunting ( for food, not for trophies )

AngelusMortis has forfeited round #2.
Started: 11/20/2016 Category: Sports
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

AngelusMortis

Pro

I think hunting is a good thing! Now keep in mind, there is a difference between trophy chasers and hunters. You can probably tell what the difference is. A hunter will never let an animal suffer. Ever. Hunting is a pure sport, void of wrong doings. Accidents happen, yes, but a hunter will never purposely injure an animal to watch it suffer.
westerly2004

Con

I am afraid there is an inconsistency in your argument. You declared in the title that this was "Hunting (For Food, Not Trophies,) yet in your argument you claimed that "hunting is a pure sport". And when you hunt for sport, that tends to be for trophies. Please fix this inconsistency. Meanwhile, I shall base my argument off yours, not the title.

Now, hunting just for "pure sport" is wrong. It is a waste of an animal. You are killing without any purpose. How is that void of wrong-doings? In our ancestral days, we hunted for food because we needed to, but just killing for sport, that is cruel and an unnecessary taking of life. This isn't right. Therefore, hunting isn't right.