kayla_ber28
Will_Peters

Hunting is good

kayla_ber28

Con

I will be opposing the position that hunting is good and beneficial to today's people, society, economy, and environment.
Will_Peters

Pro

Hunting in my opinion is fine and is a hobby and passion of many people. The main reason why I believe hunting should be legal is because the animals will proceed to reproduce and the population with have a steady growth and we will be keeping this population down if we continue to hunt. Also hunting is how some people get their food.
kayla_ber28

Con

kayla_ber28 forfeited this round.
Will_Peters

Pro

Will_Peters forfeited this round.
kayla_ber28

Con

kayla_ber28 forfeited this round.
Will_Peters

Pro

Will_Peters forfeited this round.
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
And, yo, atmas, our brains did not grow, or teeth did not change, and our stomach did not shrink. That is evolutionary crap, which this debate is not about. So use a different example ,OK bro?
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
Ay, pro, you say it will keep the population down eh? Wild predators such as dogs, cats, and bears have a way of doing that.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
Hunting for food is one of the top reasons why humans developed the skills we have, such as the use of tools and teamwork.It is thought that, when humans first started eating meat on a regular basis, our brains adapted to a predators way of thinking; that of clever plans. A prey animal has no need to think, they only have to rely on their defense mechanism or just running away, so when we began eating fresh meat, it provided out brains with more nutrients with each bite than a days worth of leaves and berries and we were forced to come up with actual strategy to catch our prey. But it was the moment humans starting cooking their food that meat eating really became a staple in the human diet. Cooking made meats and vegetables less difficult to digest, allowing the body to get at all the nutrients that it couldn't before when the food was raw. This increased nutrient content allowed humans to stay full for longer, resulting in less tend to go out hunting or foraging, and plenty of time to sit around their fellow humans and eventually build a society. With the vegetable diet decreased and the meat diet increased, our stomachs shrunk, our teeth changed, and most of all, our brains increased in both size and complexity with the new abundant source of nutrients.

Now, you might think, "Well, okay that happened, but we already have big brains. Let's just give up meat now that it's served it's purpose". But that assumes that the human body won't adapt to the pure plant diet you would expose it to overtime, which it will. And the only direction it can go is right back to where it started, big stomachs and smaller brains. The change will be gradual, but it will be inevitable. So yes, hunting for food is good, killing animals for their meat is good (even if it's sad), but killing animals for sport is not good. If you're talking about that then I would suggest 'Poaching' instead of 'Hunting' for your title.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Hunting just gets rid of the middle man. The butcher.Most people eat meat.How do people suppose those animals get to their dinner table?

In Pennsylvania when I was growing up, first day of buck season we all got off school.We were only allowed one buck and one doe in doe season. Now we can harvest as many deer as liscences we have.Because there is an abundance of deer.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
I hunt, and I take one moose every year. This year I put over 600 lbs. of a lean, healthy meat in my freezer. If you follow the rules hunting is a good deal. In the Yukon where I live, is a vast wilderness territory, with over 483,450 square kilometres, the moose population is stable at about 70,000. With a human population of only 33,000, hunting is the way to go.
Posted by Emilrose 2 years ago
Emilrose
Pro's argument isn't exactly accurate. Recreational hunting is in fact one the largest factors in certain animals nearing extinction. There's a difference in hunting for food and pleasure/financial purposes.