Squirrelnuts57
DonutPieFace

Hunting

Squirrelnuts57

Squirrelnuts57

Pro

I happened to see another debate on hunting when looking through the challenge page, so I decided, I'd make one. To clarify, when I say hunting, I don't mean poaching. I mean legally going out and harvesting an animal.
Round 1 will be an argument round, so accept and post. Thank you to whoever accepts and good luck.
My first argument is that hunting is a way to keep the animal population at balance. The DNR (Department of Natural Resources) controls hunting seasons. They observe the amount of harvests each season, and monitor the population of animal species that are hunted each year. If the population drops low enough to pose a threat, the DNR will lower the hunting limit, or close the season for a couple of years for restoration. Hunting is a controlled, monitored, and environmentally healthy activity.
DonutPieFace

Con

Okay. I accept your challenge, May the best debater win. Good luck to you my friend.
Life is a precious thing. You should never ever kill some other living thing just so you can live. I understand that you need food to live, but you seriously need to look at it this way. If you were an animal, and there was this.... other living thing with this scary weapon that you saw slay your family/friends, would you give your life just to get somebody else to live? Soon, there is going to be a more dominant animal, stronger than humans, humans in an evolved form hunting the humans for food. Because the human population is growing, it will lead to more and more deaths of animals.
Squirrelnuts57

Pro

Being that I believe we were intelligently designed, and didn't come from a retarded-fish-monkey (retarded, because intelligence would have "evolved" into the mind, and fish-monkey, well you know). I do agree that life is a precious thing. From your bring up of killing animals, and taking their lives being a bad thing, I'd assume you are a vegan. And since you brought up humans evolving into higher beings, I will assume you are an atheist. So, atheists don't believe in souls. They believe that we are organic machines, and our conscious is an illusion. That should mean that all living organisms would therefore have the same "feelings". If killing an animal were to be saddening to itself, and other animals around it, wouldn't killing a plant have the same effect, or therefore all cells that are killed when different things are proccessed like wood, or wool, or leather? Wouldn't that plant be sad that it is dieing? Would the cells and the cells that had produced them be sad when they die? I don't think that animals have souls, because in the Bible, (yes, a Bible reference, but you don't have to take points away because I mention the Bible) it says "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'" (Genesis 1:26)
For the next round, I would appreciate if you rebutted my argument, as I did here and posted your next argument.
Hunting is good, because these days, meat prices are high. Hunting is an expensive hobby to start depending on the animal you're after, but you can hunt squirrel and rabbits, without having to pay a lot of money. All you need is a 22. rifle, which costs $100-$200 for a good one, camoflauge clothes, a place to hunt, and a small game license $20 at most. It may sound expensive, but after getting a few kills, you see the money starts to come back, if you compare it to the amount of money you would pay for meat that way. Also you can treat the hides and sell them at gun shows to get money back.
DonutPieFace

Con

DonutPieFace forfeited this round.
Squirrelnuts57

Pro

I will wait and hope my opponent posts. I don't want to destroy them, so I extend my arguments.
DonutPieFace

Con

DonutPieFace forfeited this round.
Posted by Skeletonman1999 1 year ago
Skeletonman1999
my friend defines hunting as going out and killing innocent little forest creature.
Posted by MLG_Pingu 1 year ago
MLG_Pingu
Con only gave one example, and it was that we shouldn't take another creatures life. That's not a cold hard fact as of why we should ban hunting. Sure, you're killing another creature, but so far, with what con has presented us, the benefits of hunting outway the cons of hunting. Also, at the end con said, " Soon, there is going to be a more dominant animal, stronger than humans, humans in an evolved form hunting the humans for food." Really? Humans are going to evolve into stronger beings, and hunt the old humans. If evolution was true, that would mean that eventually all humans would be this evolved human, so there would be no more humans left to hunt. What would the super humans hunt then? According to con, the evolved humans only hunt earlier stages of humanity. Seriously, super humans, Come on now.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 1 year ago
Squirrelnuts57
So, survival, and population control.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 1 year ago
Squirrelnuts57
I am wanting to debate on hunting in general, reasons why it is a good thing from Pro (me), and Con's arguments of why it is "wrong".
Posted by 2PartyFarce 1 year ago
2PartyFarce
I will debate you on hunting as a necessary means of population control, which has happened naturally for much longer than humans have been in existence. I will not debate you on hunting as a means of survival.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Squirrelnuts57DonutPieFaceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture