mostlogical
TheChamp

I (Mostlogical) should commit suicide

Started: 3/2/2016 Category: Funny

mostlogical

Pro

This debate forms round 2 of the Outlaw Tournament by Wlyted. I Pro will argue why I should commit suicide while my opponent Con will argue why I shouldn't commit suicde.

It seems no-one will accept unless they know something about me, perhaps they are worried I am making a serious debate or think I have a good reason to commit suicide. I am looking for a strong opponent who strongly opposes suicide. If you think you have good arguments, are 18+ and have completed a few debates please accept.

I promise I will not make anything up about my health e.g. say I'm terminally ill, deaf and blind, in a vegetative state etc

Round structure

R1: Acceptance only
R2: Arguments
R3: Arguments
R4: Arguments
R5: Conclusion - no new arguments

Rules:No forfeits, Burdon of proof (BoP) is shared, rebutals are allowed, no new sources in last round

Good luck Con!
TheChamp

Con

Let me start off with this question. Do you believe in God?
mostlogical

Pro

I do not believe in God because I know what happens when I die and why I'm here etc. I could never tell anyone the truth though because it would ruin someone's day. Anyway, one of my exciting ideas is to go on the 'Mars One mission'. Once I reach the planet Mars I'll take my helmet off, become the first man to breathe Martian air, and I'll say these famous last words whilst pointing upwards: "The sky, it's, it's Blue".

One in four Britons today don't believe the moon landings ever happened [1]. I could just say what I see when I remove my helmet so those disbelievers believe in mankinds greatest achievement, but I won't because then I'd be remembered forvever as an idiot. Instead I'll be their hero - the man who throwed his life away to confirm their belief. You might think my death would actually prove I travelled to an inhospitable planet but I'm pretty sure they'd think NASA killed me.

Below is a picture of what looks like the first gravestone, it has been shown little respect. However I have a feeling that a lot of people who have been called a loon will want to show the whole world that they were right and will thus build an enmorous statue of me on the very spot I die.

http://www.alamy.com...

People who commit suicide can choose their last words either in writing or verbally, basically be remembered in the way they like. If that wasn't important people on death row wouldn't be given a chance to say any final last words like ones in my source [2]. I don't want my last word to be "hello" or "help me".

My backup idea encase I live when I take my helmet off is to try and kill myself by elevator. Here's a couple of pictures that gave me the idea:

http://www.monzy.com...

http://www.thedailypedia.com...

Sensors are prone to malfunction, and it is advised to treat elevators with caution, for example avoiding them when there is a fire. Although elevators are safer than cars an average of 26 people die in elevators each year in the U.S. In comparision there are 26 car deaths every five hours [3] however think about how much longer people spend in their car and how many more car journeys they make! Killing myself via testing the safety of elevators will prevent someone else from dying.

sources:

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

[2] http://viewmixed.com...

[3] http://gizmodo.com...
TheChamp

Con

TheChamp forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

My opponent has just broken a rule, he also broke a rule by accepting this debate too
TheChamp

Con

Just don't commit suicide you have a whole big world to see out there.
mostlogical

Pro

I've seen it on telly
TheChamp

Con

Don't you have a family that loves you? If you do think about how that will affect them.
mostlogical

Pro

As usual I'll sum up my points, and answer any remaining questions.

I don't believe in God or a higher purpose. By committing suicide I will be able to choose my last words, be remembered forever in a good way and help others to believe in mankind's greatest achievement. If I can't go to Mars I will try to get crushed by an elevator door i.e. test its safety and thus prevent someone else from dying who wishes to see the world.

My family would know they have done or said nothing wrong, and feel proud of me.
TheChamp

Con

TheChamp forfeited this round.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 12 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Suicide is a tough one. Not gonna take a side on it because my opinion is really neutral to it, I mean if your Atheist, what is there to fear? You won't have regrets because your dead, no guilt, no fear, ect.... It would just be over.

For a religious person it comes down to whether you believe there is a heaven and hell. If you think reincarnation is what happens, then the only thing that will come from suicide is being given a worse life next time... If you think Heaven and Hell is real, then you probably don't want to commit suicide cause ya know, hell would suck. Though it would depend on the circumstances and all, like if it was for someone else then it wouldn't be a problem ect... So really this debate highly depends on Pro's personal beliefs. If your Atheist then you probably shouldn't commit suicide because that would mean you never get another chance. Also if your Atheist then why should you care about what has happened to you? It'll all be over one day with nothing else left meaning there is literally nothing to lose by continuing to live, except for the possiblility of somehow getting a happier life.
Posted by mostlogical 12 months ago
mostlogical
cool
Posted by JayShay 12 months ago
JayShay
I see. I may accept if it is still open this evening or early tomorrow
Posted by mostlogical 12 months ago
mostlogical
I hope I will challenge someone's belief about committing suicide
Posted by JayShay 12 months ago
JayShay
Ok thanks. Also....how serious is this debate?
Posted by mostlogical 12 months ago
mostlogical
yes you can claim or prove arguments to be false, I shall put this on
Posted by JayShay 12 months ago
JayShay
Are rebuttals not allowed?
Posted by mostlogical 12 months ago
mostlogical
I have recently added a paragraph, hopefully it answers any concerns you may have
Posted by lannan13 12 months ago
lannan13
Well then.
Posted by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 12 months ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Jump