Benjiboy960
famousdebater

I Will lose this Debate

famousdebater

Benjiboy960

Pro

I will lose this debate . .
famousdebater

Con

I accept. Since pro has conceded their arguments intrigue me.
Benjiboy960

Pro

I hereby forfeit all points to Con.
I declare my loss of this debate.
famousdebater

Con

Since my opponent has conceded the debate it is true that he will most likely lose the debate however this debate isn't about likelihood. This debate is about absoloute facts. Since my opponent is making the claim the 'I' in the resolution almost certainly refers to him. He states that he will lose the debate. The resolution offers no explanation regarding if we are basing it off probability or not. Since this reolution creates a paradox the winner of the debate is never guaranteed. I do not have to argue that I will lose the debate, my burden merely requirs me to prove that there isn't a 100% chance that my opponent will lose the debate. The resolution creates a paradox and as a result it is quite possible that votes will remain neutral and this debate will end a tie. Assuming that voters do not vote on this debate and voters are not obliged to vote on every debate it is not guaranteed that my opponent will lose. If my opponent does lose that does not mean that they have met their burden. Their burden requires them to prove that they will lose for a 100% fact at this point in time. Voters cannot vote for him because his prediction was correct. They should only vote for him if he can justify why there is a 100% chance that he will lose the debate.
Benjiboy960

Pro

Benjiboy960 forfeited this round.

famousdebater

Con

I have proven that my opponent will not lose for a 100% chance and therefore my burden is met.
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
The moderator removed it. Read the posts by whiteflame below.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
How were they removed??????????????
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Those votes were removed because they weren't given in enough detail.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
I am so confused! What is happening?
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Thanks whiteflame.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Peepette// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Cons assertions were correct that 100% certainly of loosing the debate was not a given. To assert Cons point I'm voting Pro as the winner.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter does not justify conduct or S&G point allocations. (2) The voter has to analyze more of the debate than just a single argument in order to afford arguments points.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Greg4586// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Pro (Conduct, Arguments), 2 points to Pro (Sources). Because Con is currently winning I must make pro win to affirm the current position of the votes.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter does not justify either conduct or arguments. (2) This comes off as an attempt to counter other voters. That is strictly against the rules, even on a debate of this sort. Votes should not be treated as self-fulfilling prophecies.
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Don't know.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
How am I winning so much when I declared my loss and forfeited a round????????????????????????
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
What is going on here?
Vote Placed by Cobalt 1 year ago
Cobalt
Benjiboy960famousdebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has shown that we cannot know with certainty that Pro will lose this debate. At first I was inclined to make this a tie, since my voting Con seemingly creates a paradox. However, I realized that my vote does not mean that Pro will certainly lose this debate, since there are other voters. Therefore, I'm voting for Con, on his argument that we cannot know with certainty that "[Pro] will lose this debate", even with the inclusion of my vote.