thegodhand
LoremIpsum

I Won't break a rule.

LoremIpsum

thegodhand

Pro

(Apologies to Mongeese, I hope I have a real debater this time)

Anyway, the rules are:

1. Each debater must introduce two new rules each round- no more no less.

2. If a rule is broken, then the opponent loses.

3. Rules that cannot be followed are losses.

4. Rules apply to both players.

5. After rules are introduced, the opponent must write something in accordance with the rules.

The rules above don't count as rules.

My rules for round 1 are:

1. Each round, one internet meme must be referenced.

2. Each writing must end with three sentences written in Latin. Any translation services are allowed. The sentences must be a reply to what has been written in the last round.

Here it goes.

So, yesterday I got rickrolled by some guy while I was walking on the street.
Optimus Dragonforce manus saxum saeculorum. Quamvis etiam bonum Metallica. Awesome celeritate petram.
LoremIpsum

Con

1) The debater on his turn must touch the person's anatomical leg that is on his body who is called LoremIpsum on debate.org, that is my actual self, and not any virtual or physical representation of me other than myself.

2) The debater must examine his/her own screen name and if, and only if, his/her screen name is "thegodhand" (only what's inside the quotes), then he/she must get on the most recognized type of FOX televised news on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM, and say the following, "Hello LoremIpsum."

Those are my rules for this round. Please notice that I only introduced two rules, no more no less, that the rules are physically possible to follow (even if the opponent does feel my rules are over 9000 times harder to follow than his own rules), that I have touched my own leg (something that is evidence by my own personal testimony as myself), and that I've also followed my second rule.

Also notice that my opponent's second rule was, and I quote, that 'Each writing must end with three sentences written in Latin.' Yet, if you look at his third sentence, "Awesome celeritate petram", you will see that it is not completely Latin. The word 'celeritate' is Latin and refers to the concept of speed or quickness and 'petram' refers to the concept of a rock or boulder. 'Awesome', however, is not a Latin word, and was likely the result of my opponent typing it into a translator, the translator not recognizing it, and the translator spitting it out unchanged. Seeing as this is not all Latin, my opponent has already broken a rule. As per the rules of this game, the first person to break a rule loses, and because of my opponent's breaking of a rule, he has lost the debate. I have also tried to conform to the rules, but even if flaw is found in my response, it doesn't matter, because the opponent has already lost, meaning I have already won.

I would also like to point out that my opponent's second rule states that the three Latin sentences must be written and reply to what has been written last round. However, this rule is impossible to follow because there has not been a round preceding this one. As a result of this, the opponent's loses because he violates rule number 3. If my opponent argues that he meant replies to the last part of the round, then he still loses because it is still a rule that he could not possibly follow, being the first writer.

Ego operor non amo meus inimicus lacuna. Suus lacuna utriusque mihi. Ego sum vulnero per suus lacuna.
thegodhand

Pro

Opponent, not me. I am immune to the rules.

LoremIpsum

Con

My first new rule is that no round shall be forfeited.

The second is that our previous President's name may not be mentioned at all in the debate.

My opponent's argument is a sneaky one, one made in an attempt to 'cheat' the other player into losing. However, observe rule 4 "Rules apply to both player." My opponent, being a player is at the bay of the rules in the same way as I am. Meaning that rule number 5 applies to be in the same way it does him. "After rules are introduced, the opponent must write something in accordance with the rules." Because you said 'the' opponent and not 'my' opponent, you left the rule open to apply to both players, including yourself because of rule number 4. So as you see, you have tried and failed to Con me into losing.

Also notice rule number 3, which states that rules that cannot be followed are losses. Because rules apply to both opponents (rule number 4), my opponent is also at bay. See my previous un-refuted argument made against my opponent's rule number 2 that states it's not possible to follow by my opponent because there is not a previous round that his Latin could respond to. Also see that he didn't even say it all in Latin, meaning that he broke his own rule (which according to rule 4 means he also has to follow) before my turn even began.

Also, notice that my opponent failed to follow my two rules, as he neither touched my leg or appeared on TV.

So, in closing, I applaud my opponent for his attempt to circumvent the rules of *the game*, and am pleased for my own sake that you simply couldn't follow through.. How sad to be snared in one's own trap.

Quoque nocens. Sic tristis. Tendo iterum tunc vicis.
thegodhand

Pro

thegodhand forfeited this round.
LoremIpsum

Con

My opponent, having forfeited his own round, has made blatantly failed to follow multiple rules, showing very clearly his loss. Because of this, I will no longer follow the rules as I have already won. Please carry over my arguments from the previous rounds.
thegodhand

Pro

thegodhand forfeited this round.
LoremIpsum

Con

Once again carry over previous arguments. It seems my opponent will no longer be responding. Vote Con, please.
thegodhand

Pro

thegodhand forfeited this round.
LoremIpsum

Con

The last three rounds have been a forfeit by my opponent. Please refer to my previous arguments as to why my opponent had lost from the get go, and other arguments relating to this. It's sad that my opponent couldn't carry through an entire debate, but I guess that the way the cookie crumbles. Vote Con :D
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
thegodhandLoremIpsumTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.