backwardseden
emotionaltuna

I actually met god in a dark back corner of a busy street

backwardseden has forfeited round #5.

backwardseden

Pro

I actually met god in a dark back corner of a busy street with all the smelly stench of p**s not too long ago and he invited me into a gay bar. We had an interesting conversation as he was attempting to pimp himself to me. Well actually we didn"t have a conversation at all. He just sat there dumbfounded. He was on the losing end of course. I did all the talking. And I asked him a few simple questions such as "Why have you killed at least 2,821,364 in your bible which included babies, children and pregnant mothers all in one extremely small area of land in the world which all took place in your bible?". "Why did you wipe out pretty near 100% of all life in which there was no need for it as you have done in the great flood?". "Why do you hate gays and want to kill them?". "Why do you hate children?". "Why do you hate those that curse at their parents and you want to kill them? What if they are abused children?"Why do you hate those that curse at their parents and you want to kill them? What if they are abused children?". "Why do you hate those that do not worship you and you want to kill them?". Why should you hate others and get jealous at others because they wish to worship other gods and you thus hate them so much that you wish to kill them?". "Why do you hate those that work on the sabbath that you wish to kill them?" "Why do you hate those that commit adultery that you wish to kill them?". "Why do you believe that slavery is a good thing?". "Why do you believe that rape is a good thing?". "Why have you committed abortions?". "Why did you create absolutely no free will whatsoever?". "Why did and do you create sin knowing all too well that man would fail throughout time ever since Adam and Eve were created?". "Why did you create evil and hate and satan especially when it was not a need, a requirement nor a necessity? What is it with you that deems it necessary to create this conflict?". "Why did you lie?" "Why do you love to see, create, and take part in suffering especially in that of children?". "Why do you have the need, requirement, and want for anger, wrath, jealousy, vengeance, rage, fury, evil in which you have freely admitted to?". "Since you have those "baggage" emotions, that"s not perfection. So why should anyone believe in you?". "Why did you pass down all those emotions of hate and evil to man so in turn man could learn to hate?". "Why not do away with all of those emotions completely and instil peace, harmony, love, care, kindness, etc etc etc?". "Why are you a contradictory hypocrite? You say "thou shall not kill" and yet you kill?". "Why would any supreme deity such as yourself actually place "faith" above everything else as it is the most preached thing in the bible? Surely it should be love, caring for our neighbors and each other.". "Why do you have this bombastic blubbering "ego"?". "Why would you ever be stupid enough to communicate in text form, the worst form of communication possible so man can get your message wrong all---the---time because there"s a 0% of a chance, and you should know this, but obviously you don"t and you must love the confusion and non consensus, that any text from now-a-days can be traced back to the original. And even if it could, nobody could interpret it correctly. So again, why text, the worst form of communication? Why not simply coming on down here and talk to us?. That would be evidence for the whole world to choke on of your existence rather than the non proof of faith and you playing hide-n-go-seek which naturally with my shoulder shrugged is not a pathway to truth and an excuse for christians when they don"t have evidence?". I had so many questions for him. But naturally, just like most who are religious as he thumbed his nose to the world, as god himself who does not have an answer for anything as he rightly pretends he does, he ran off into the cold dark of the night like the coward that he is and quickly and quietly disappeared.

The rules are for yours to complete: Answer the questions above.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
emotionaltuna

Con

First I have a question of my own. Why would you ask questions about the bible to someone who was very clearly not a Christian? Only a theologian or someone who has studied the bible intensely would be able to answer all of your questions. Secondly, resorting to name calling is very juvenile, especially for someone that is as you say 42+ years old. You say that you have studied the Bible and that you " care about peace, kindness, harmony, care for each other", but your understanding is seriously flawed because of you poor comprehension of simple vocabulary and you have not proven yourself to be a kind person. Fact: the existence of Jesus is proven. Even down to the existence of Pontius Pilate (the man who sentenced Jesus to death) who had a Roman city dedicated in his honor. If then Jesus was real, then so was the miracles that he preformed as well as his death. If God was really as horrible as you say, then why would He send His Son to suffer and die as human being so that we may live in Him. If you are unaware of the brutality of the Roman Empire, then let me educate you. Jesus was betrayed by his own people, the Jews and one of his followers. Then he was taken before Pontius Pilate and found not guilty of any wrong doing yet still was condemned to death. He was brutally whipped with the cat of nine tails that is a type of multi-tailed whip that originated as an implement for severe physical punishment, in this case it has sharp objects attached to it. He was beaten, humiliated, and ridiculed. He was forced to carry a massive wooden cross on His back (post whipping), where he nearly pasted out from blood loss, and forced to wear a thorn crown upon his head. And as if that wasn"t bad enough, He was nailed to the cross he was forced to carry to eventually die of asphyxiation. But I'm sure in all your studying, that you know all this. Now here's the part you may not know. Do you know that in order to breathe on the cross He had to push himself up on his feet that were nailed down, rubbing his back that was torn to shreds against the cross, to inhale and then pull himself back down again to exhale? All this was done to him but he took it because he wanted us to join his in heaven. In the Old testament, the Jews had to perform an animal sacrifice to cleanse them of their sins. When Jesus died on the cross, He took the place of the animal sacrifice and gave himself up to be the pure sacrifice. Now Jesus was wholly human but also completely divine. He was born without sin and died just as pure. This make His life the only one that could redeem humanity. All those that give their lives over to God are saved from before and after the death of Jesus. Now here is where I attempt to answer your questions. First all those people died because they were sinners without faith. As for the children, the parents condemned them when they chose to live that type of life. In the Old testament, their was nobody who could save them and they were doomed to the destructive life of their fathers. The Great Flood, was a way to cleanse the earth of the foul things done to it by man. It was also a way to show Noah and the generations of people to come, the great might of God. You say that God should just come down to earth and show everyone up, but God has done so much to prove His existence and yet you still don't believe. His coming down to earth and all that jazz would only cause more dissonance. I would rather believe in God and that I have a purpose in this life, than believe in a theory that defies the second law of thermodynamics (macro-evolution). (The second law of thermodynamics says that when energy changes from one form to another form, or matter moves freely, entropy (disorder) increases.) God does not hate gays, God loves all people. Quite frankly, you use the term "hate" way too liberally. Hate is defined as "intense or passionate dislike". God does not hate all these things that you say He does. The Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek, but when translated to English, some of the passages lose their meaning or become hard to understand. As for His communication to us, God didn't communicate in text form. He spoke or made the men who WROTE the Bible understand Him. Man is imperfect and so are the works of his hands. I didn't answer all of your questions because I figured that you would get a headache reading all of this. Thank you for your time.
backwardseden

Pro

"Why would you ask questions about the bible to someone who was very clearly not a Christian?" See that"s why I hate people like you. People who do not have the ability to think, rationalize, reason, use common sense, use logic because you, your god, bible and religion does not require a single fricken child"s chew toy already thrown away for the scrap irons on a used con-dumb would ask such and unintelligent uneducated question because the answers are so point blank obvious. "Only a theologian or someone who has studied the bible intensely would be able to answer all of your questions." Absolutely 100% false. And that shows how little, if anything, you know about your god, in which you cannot even prove exists, bible in which your god would never use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible as stated in RD1 which only shows his stupidity therefore he"s in no way a god, and religion. "Secondly, resorting to name calling is very juvenile," Again absolutely 100% false. When you and or anyone flatly invents excuses and or flat out lies for something in which they clearly know nothing about for the subjects they they think that they have knowledge upon and they really don"t and yet they pretend that they do, then they flatly deserve to be degraded, humiliated, and dehumanized. You will learn that if you get to college because its taught there. And if you pull that crap to your teachers = instant F. If you pull that crap to your friends and loved ones = no friends and loved ones as so so so so many idiots here on debate.org have which is a HUGE red flag. And really, what moron wants to spend and or want to hang around with somebody like that? No one. Sorry. I don"t deal with it. And I don"t need am not required to prove myself unto you to be a kind person. But then again, you believe in your god.

Oh and btw, I didn"t mention jesus. You did. Regardless he was a false prophet. Simply put, god did not give him powers of any kind to prove him to be the messiah. All jesus did was self proclaimed himself to be the messiah. Sorry. That doesn"t work. Not only that but this jesus character broke several of god"s laws such as working on the sabbath in which required the death penalty and jesus, again, did not have any powers granted by god to change any of god"s laws. So he"s a false prophet. The jews have it right. christ is false. christianity is false. The NT is false.

"If God was really as horrible as you say, then why would He send His Son to suffer" Oh I get it, suffering is a "good" thing. Now tell me since you are so stunningly smart and since NOBODY on the planet who is sane will agree with you, what GOOD is there in suffering? And what can children especially learn from suffering except for absolutely 100% nothing? Oh and btw, there are millions of children who are raped, beaten and tortured by daddy as an example sticking his you know what inside of them sometimes twice per week while he punches them in the face from 4 years old all the way up from who knows what and your god creates these children per the millions every single year to suffer sometimes for decades as I knew someone who did from 4 years old all the way up until 17 and that was only the start of her horrors. Your christ had it easy as he died on the cross for a mere 17 hours tops. You have no idea, none, no concept of what true suffering is. Now I am going to ignore everything you"ve stated about christ, because this is not about christ. This is about god. Oh and duh if your god was just and true, then this suffering would not exist. Your christ teaches the beginning of suffering. Buddhism teaches the end of suffering. Gee I just cannot possibly imagine which is better?

"First all those people died because they were sinners without faith." OK I"m ending this debate because you in no possible way know that. Not only that since you believe that then you must hate me, and you think you shouldn"t be insulted to the highest degree possible, yeah right, and you not only condemn me to death but billions of others, You also have no idea what sinning is because it doesn"t exist in your bible as its a hypocritical contradiction"
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)
Matt Dillahunty "What is sin and why should I care about it? I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, we have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, that"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says." Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals?" Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of." Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, and the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, and there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexualiy being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point."
Bye.

I"m also going to state this since you are uneducated and ignorant enough to believe in faith especially to a terrorist god in which you clearly know nothing about"
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?" Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." Matt Dillahunty

"Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong." Richard Dawkins

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." Richard Dawkins
emotionaltuna

Con

I don't even know where to start. I have experienced pain or at least what you classify as pain. I was molested since I was five till I was twelve by a man that I trusted. I see him frequently, he is a friend of the family, but I have never spoken with him about it and I hope that I can put it past me and truly forgive him. But those things can never be reversed, and I will never forget. I don't hate you, I could never hate you because I choose not to. I have felt true hate and I choose not to go down that path. I don't see your argument at all. You say that I don't know anything about my faith, that I have never read the Bible, and you continue to presume that you know me. You have continually committed the ad hominem abusive fallacy as well as the straw man fallacy. If you expect to enter into an argument, you could at least play by the rules. You have yet to answer my questions as well. Jesus is God, therefore He is relevant in proving the existence of God. You have also stated that millions of people are insane because they are Christians. Also your thing with the contradictions, I've never heard that one before. I know that you think I am some thumb-sucking entitled know-it-all kid living off their parents and the government who has little life experience. In some ways you are right. But I also think that you didn't read my argument all the way through or you simply chose to ignore that fact that I answered a lot of the questions that you asked again in your second argument. Also, all life is precious, please do not be the cause of someone's death by "they flatly deserve to be degraded, humiliated, and dehumanized" just because you think they are ignorant. Jesus was born of God and was therefore sinless. We are reborn in God BECAUSE of Jesus and therefore sinless. I will not condemn nor vindicate Homosexuality, it is not my place. It is a choice, and they can do with it what they will. Also you have faith. It took faith for you to start an argument. It takes faith for you to be an atheist. You believe in something, even if its nothing.
backwardseden

Pro

If what you say is true that you were molested, then there is 0% of a chance that you should ---ever--- for any reason believe in the god according to the bible who you cannot prove even exists. Now I'm not telling you what to do but think about it... Why? Well first off your god knowingly created this monster to knowingly abuse, torture, rape and sodomize you. So this god of YOURS is giving this monster free will AND ABSOLUTE POWER to do these things unto you when you did not have any free will to escape nor did you have ANY power, much less SCREAM. AND he knew that this would take place quadrillions of years in advance. AND this god of yours knowingly created this monster to---allow---these---horrific---events---to---occur when its not a requirement. Its not a need. Its not a necessity. Only in your god's world it is. That's ultimately ridiculous. And its only in religion that you find that. Nowhere else. Oh it gets worse. AND this god of yours knowingly created YOU to knowingly suffer beyond anything that anyone, much less any child, in which case as proved, your god clearly hates children. Why else would he knowingly create millions of children every single year to be abused, and even more millions to starve due to agonizing hunger, and even millions more per year to be displaced through his horrific events that he knowingly creates such as earthquakes? AND then there's a good 30 or so verses in his bible that are truly sickening and horrific to prove this god truly hates children such as dashing children against the rocks, they include rape,, cannibalism, killing children with swords, having guts of mothers ripped up etc, Then this god does not even allow children to voice, talk or sing one---single---sentence in his bible which is child abuse at its absolute worst - to be neglected and to be ignored. Then there's the 10 commandments. 4 of them are geared towards his fat overbearing blubbering ego. Notice how none of them are geared towards children when at least 1 of them should be. There should be 1 stating something like "thou shalt protect children at all times and not cause any harm unto them" But no. There's nothing like that. Indeed your god truly hates children. Now I'm not telling you what to do or what to believe in, but I find it utterly ridiculous that you should believe in a god, who again you cannot even prove exists, but if you believe in him who knowingly created you to horrifically be abused, created the monster to abuse you, gives all the power AND free will to the monster who abused you and gives you no free will, and is that love of any kind? If you answer "yes" in any way, there's no possible way I can continue a conversation with you because your soul is completely corrupted and your mind is completely brainwashed and reason, common sense, cannot be given unto you.
emotionaltuna

Con

You almost had me convinced, almost. Your points on this round were quite good and well thought out. What you ask is a question that many have debated about. Why is there suffering if God is good? Why do people hurt if God loves us? All of us, at one point or another, has asked that question. I know this sounds like a cat poster but my motto is that every cloud has a silver lining. I live by the understanding that nothing happens without a reason. In my case, I learned how to control my anger, I chose not to hate, and I learned the true meaning of forgiveness. People cannot grow without trial. To answer your argument, God is not the creator of evil and suffering. But if God is not the author of tragedy or evil or death, where did they come from? Well, God has existed from eternity past as the Father, Son and Spirit, together in a relationship of perfect love. So love is the highest value in the universe. And when God decided to create human beings, he wanted us to experience love. But to give us the ability to love, God had to give us free will to decide whether to love or not to love. Why? Because love always involves a choice. If we were programmed to say, "I love you," it wouldn"t really be love. We humans have abused our free will by rejecting God and walking away from Him. And that has resulted in the introduction of two kinds of evil into the world: moral evil and natural evil. Moral evil is the immorality and pain and suffering and tragedy that come because we choose to be selfish, arrogant, uncaring, hateful and abusive. So much of the world"s suffering results from the sinful action or inaction of ourselves and others. For example, people look at a famine and wonder where God is, but the world produces enough food for each person to have 3,000 calories a day. It"s our own irresponsibility and self-centeredness that prevents people from getting fed. The second kind of evil is called natural evil. These are things like wildfires, earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes that cause suffering for people. But these, too, are the indirect result of sin being allowed into the world. God did not create evil and suffering. Now, it"s true that he did create the potential for evil to enter the world, because that was the only way to create the potential for genuine goodness and love. But it was human beings, in our free will, who brought that potential evil into reality. He undoubtedly knew we"d rebel against Him, but He also knew many people would choose to follow Him and have a relationship with Him and spend eternity in heaven with Him " and it was all worth it for that, even though it would cost His own Son great pain and suffering to achieve their redemption. Most of this is the words of Lee Strobel, originally an atheist with a personal vendetta against God. Mr. Strobel made it his mission to prove that Jesus didn't exist and that the Bible was a farce. He couldn't do either. Instead, he proved the existence of Jesus and converted to Christianity. He wrote the Case for Christ.
backwardseden

Pro

I cannot communicate with you because you do not have, just as nearly all christians do not, the ability to think, reason, rationalize, use common sense, nor use logic because your god, bible and religion does not require a single ounce of it. Again you CANNOT PROVE THAT YOUR GOD EVEN EXISTS!!!!! So you base everything you know upon him upon gullibility and only gullibility. Faith is one of the dumbest things possible. Btw, I didn"t read a single word passed your second sentence. Because I 100% know I"m right and until you can test your god and demonstrate your god, in which is absolutely impossible, then you have nothing. And how dare you"

"When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say "yes the bible says you can own slaves but" well now you"re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You"ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you"ve found a way to rationalize them. You"ve gone and looked at them and said "boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that"s what Israel was doing that"s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this" do you believe that there"s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant? Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state "thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?" or "please don"t rape the people and pillage the villages around you"" and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as "Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins." Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this." Matt Dillahunty

The same exact ideals are so true for you being abused. You have removed yourself from any valid discussion on morals.

Now here"s a few more quotes and after that I will close with SOME OF YOUR GOD"S VERSES SERIOUSLY ABUSING CHILDREN IN HIS BIBLE. And if you, in any way, still find love, care, kindness within this god of yours, then something is seriously wrong with you.

Regardless, there"s no possible way that I can continue with this debate because you are defending something that you cannot possibly defend.

Since you didn"t read the first 4 quotes in the first round I shall repeat them since faith weighs so heavily upon you and faith IS NOT truth nor evidence of any kind. AND your god most certainly would NOT rely on faith with his bloated ego so everybody can get it wrong. He"d think of a better way to pass himself on"

-------------------------------------------------
Tracie Harris "If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That"s the difference between me and your god. He watches and shuts the door and you go ahead and you rape that child and when your"re done I"m gonna punish you. If I did that people would think I"m a freakin" monster." Caller "(sounds like) Truthfully (continues) you portray that little girl as someone who is innocent when she"s as evil as"" CLICK Matt "Goodbye you piece of BLEEP!!!" Yes there are some sicko"s out there.

Tracie Harris: "Your question was regarding free will as an argument for allowing suffering. That's when you get into the problem of evil. Now the problem of evil as we all know is not an argument that demonstrates that no god exists or that god exists. What it demonstrates is that god is your god is an a$$eth. What she's telling you is she believes in a god, and I assume she worships this god? Its like is she 'happy' about her god?" Caller: "Oh oh yeah everything except for the old testament." Tracie "In other words what she is saying is 'I love this god who believes that the free will of the rapist is more important than the free will of the child being raped. That I think that its worth it to have a child be raped because I really really put a high value on a rapist's free will.""

When she dies does she get to go to heaven? If she gets to go to heaven will she be happy? And she"ll probably say "yes". And you say "Will you be able to choose and do anything you want while you are in heaven?" And she"ll say "yes." And so you are basically saying "you"ll have free will in heaven?" So you have free will in heaven and no one is being hurt, raped, so you can do anything you want and no one gets hurt. If god has that power in heaven, he must have that power on earth. So he"s chose not to set that condition/ toggle switch which means he"s a dick. Phil Ferguson

"Could god have made the world and not suffering? And if they say "no" then he"s not all powerful. If they say "yes", then why didn"t he? Its a constant thing. There"s multiple ways to come at it." Phil Ferguson

"I would say that instructions to kill homosexuals is immoral. I would say the subjugation of women is immoral. I would say that having women inferior position to men is immoral. I would say that selling your daughter into slavery is immoral. I would say that sacrificing the first thing that comes out of your house is immoral. I would say that substitutional atonement is immoral. I would say that the very concept of of sin is immoral" the idea that I could somehow offend a god or something that I could think or do which has no impact in or around in reality is immoral. I would say holding someone responsible for the sins of their father under the fourth or the tenth generation is immoral. How many more do you need before you recognize you are making excuses that advocates for immoral positions?" Matt Dillahunty

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror." - Richard Dawkins

Do you believe that god imposed that law in the OT that it was in effect and that it was from god? And if so do you agree that its immoral? And if they"re not willing to admit that its an immoral law, then they have to defend it whether they think they are under it or not because they have to say at the time is was imposed it was for example to kill gay people. If they want to argue that it wasn"t ever moral then they have to say whether or not their god imposed that law. And if they say "no god had nothing to do with the law" they"re off the hook but that makes other problems. If they say god did impose that law then they do have to answer the question "do you think its a moral law?""" Tracie Harris

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire
----------------
Ok am almost out of space. Here's a few goodies...
Deuteronomy 2:34 "And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:"

Numbers 31:17-18 "17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Leviticus 26:21-22 "And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate." Rob you of your children?

1 Samuel 15:3 "3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling , ox and sheep, camel and a$$."

Hosea 13:16 "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." Wow. Such a nice gentle caring god who is all warm and fuzzy inside. This book should clearly be read to children - correct?

* EX 21:17 "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
* LV 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."
* MK 7:10 "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:"

Your god is sick, immoral, enjoys to watch others, especially children suffer. That's NOT love. And you cannot prove he even exists.

please tc and have fun
emotionaltuna

Con

I'm sorry you feel this way. Truly, I am. Something has happened in your life, probably involving a child, that has scarred you. Maybe you don't want to hear this but please read this. I have never debated someone before but I accepted this challenge hoping to answer your questions, but you did not want answers nor did you want to debate. You wanted to rant. I would love to change your mind but I see that even the most well composed argument couldn't do that. I cant prove to you that God exists. While I cannot prove the existence of God, you cannot disprove His existence. Do you believe in the cold? In fact cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. How about darkness? It does not exist either. Darkness is simply the absence of light. Evil does not exist either. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. Please have a lovely life. I hope you can come to forgive, and not harbor hatred in your heart. Its not fun and you just end up wasting precious time. Take it from someone who understands. Thank you.
Posted by Grayson116 5 months ago
Grayson116
Great arguments from both contestants. This will be a hard vote...
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
Lastly watch this video. Since I don't make any sense to you. This video will. And don't be afraid of it. Its very emotional made by 20 something's who CARE!!!!!!!!!! - God hates children
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
@emotionaltuna - That hope that you have is from friends and loved ones and being able to talk to them with an open mind - but not too much otherwise you will push them away. It also does help immensely to get some professional help from a great psychologist NOT a psychiatrist who will be stuffing pills down you all day. You just have to find the right one in which you can open up to. Most certainly NOT this god of yours because he thoroughly enjoys your suffering, pain and anguish and put you through what you are going through and what you are continuing to to go though. Now here's a question that no christian can legitimately answer... why believe? And here's another is that a god you WANT to believe in? Now suppose that all I've said unto you is false, that your god exists, in which he's kind considerate, caring etc. It simply means he doesn't care enough to change things, that he is not in control of anything to take the suffering away, or doesn't want to, Your god turns his head when you've been raped and does not help you through troubling times and allows bad things - some would call it satan - be that as it may, call it what you will, the devil... well your god knowingly created the devil/ satan knowing EXACTLY who and what he would be thus in order for this to have happened, then god himself MUST be evil. And evil is NOT a requirement. Evil is NOT a need. Evil is NOT a necessity. Only in god's warped world it is. And even worse is what is god saying is that he is NOT in control of this evil, that he's going to allow this evil to take place, that god does not know everything, that god is not all knowing nor is he all powerful, nor is he omnipotent and clearly not perfect. Who wants to worship and idolize that? And yet according to this god because he "jealous" in which no supreme deity would ---ever--- be, worshiping other gods is the most evil thing there is, even more evil than you being raped. BY FAR. W-H-AT? What "hope" is that? please tc and have fun.
Posted by emotionaltuna 5 months ago
emotionaltuna
@TraditCatholic Thank you so much for your kind words!!! If it weren"t for people like you, I would have lost hope a long time ago!
Posted by TraditCatholic 5 months ago
TraditCatholic
@emotionaltuna
More people should be kind, patient, and wise like you.
Keep up the good work!
Posted by emotionaltuna 5 months ago
emotionaltuna
If I may ask this outside the argument at hand. Why do you hate God? It is clear that you have done your research to a certain degree and have come to the conclusion that God is evil. Why do you believe this? And please don't give me your scornful rhetoric I just want a truthful answer.
Posted by emotionaltuna 5 months ago
emotionaltuna
Also I'm not white, almost everything you said is untrue, and what lead you to believe that Christians are violent?
Posted by emotionaltuna 5 months ago
emotionaltuna
No need to be rude sir. To quote the greatest King of Israel, King David "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, The God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied... the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lords"
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
@emotionaltuna - You'd better be able to bring it and not invent stupid teeny bopper excuses as nearly 100% of all christians do.
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
@emotionaltuna - Sorry teeny bopper I understand, god, the bible and YOUR religion A LOT better than you ---ever--- will. I've studied christianity and its downfall and YOUR god's hate, but then again you haven't read YOUR bible, and that's point blank obvious, for 42+ years. I care about peace, kindness, harmony, care for each other in which YOUR god, in which you cannot even prove even exists, should have started out with, and kept. But nah. Your god has freely admitted to having anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy. Jealousy? What from a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. Even worse is this supposed god of yours passed down those emotions so man could in turn learn to hate with all the baggage that comes along with it that these emotions clearly are that this god drags around with him. Hey god, dump those emotions and how"s about thinking about peace, kindness, love, caring for each other, harmony etc? Nah. So don"t talk to me or anyone that YOUR god is "good" when he is most certainly not anything like it. Not only that since this god of YOURS has these emotions it clearly means that he is imperfect. Now who in their right stale mind would ---ever--- want to bow down to an inferior supreme deity bile god such as the one you picked from your closet because what else could it be?
Strange isn"t it that in comparison that the Inca, many of the native American Indian tribes until your white man greasy sweaty racist pig christian wiped them out, the aborigines, Hindu"s, Gaia Mother Earth, Buddhists etc etc etc they do not practice nor preach nor go to war over their religions, not anywhere close to the evils nor hate that the christians do. Now why is that? And yet according to your god worshiping other gods is considered to be the most evil thing there is, and you should be stoned to death for it. So you follow your lord"s orders and you come on down here and stone me to death. Whatsamatter? You are not going to.