DiscoFox
SecularMerlin

I am 17 and I am independent so I can do everything for myself

DiscoFox has forfeited round #2.

DiscoFox

Con

Please as soon as possible. I have debates tomorrow.
SecularMerlin

Pro

Actually the most common age of majority historically speaking is twelve. In Japan you might be a warlord at twelve, a Greek soldier, a native American hunter, or married to an English lord.
Our idea that a person magically transforms into an adult at the age of eighteen is both modern and arbitrary. As evidence of the capriciousness of this attitude modern science has concluded the human brain is still growing and developing well into a person's late twenties. We may therefore conclude that both the ages eighteen and twenty one are artificial standards and has nothing to do with protecting a growing person.
As another piece of evidence the adult industry makes some 760 million to 1 billion dollars annually largely through the exploitation of women many of whom begin in "barely legal" features implying that they are still young and impressionable, so it's not to protect young women from sexual predation.
I am afraid we must conclude that the artificial standard of eighteen is based solely on our modern biases.
Thank you
Posted by SecularMerlin 7 months ago
SecularMerlin
So are you really trolling people or is that just a clever nickname.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 7 months ago
FanboyMctroll
Can't drink legally
Can't smoke legally
Can't gamble legally

Living in moms basement and having her make your lunch and do your laundry is not considered being independent.

17 is still a child, adult is 18+