lord_megatron
Burls

I am a bad debater

Started: 5/12/2016 Category: Funny

lord_megatron

Pro

I am a pathetic debater. Just look at my number of wins and my number of debates. Sure, there is worse than me, but I am not one of the pros. I doubt I will even win this debate if someone accepts.
Burls

Con

It's more like we don't meet the common expectations of debate form. And have you checked out the judging? It's like totally unprofessional, but it's a tough job considering we actually are expected to provide comments along with our votes. If anything disable the comment requirement in the judging section to make it more attractive for prospective voters.
lord_megatron

Pro

If we disable the comments, then spam voters will be able to vote for anyone without a valid reason. With comments at least they can give some token justification.
Burls

Con

Here's a debate where the contender clearly outperformed the other in spelling errors and yet the voters all ignored that in an apparent "vote-Bomb" indulgence. If your argument suggests their is redemption in that case due to the 'comments' I don't see it happening, therefore the comments are more of a hindrance to voters and you'd get more votes without them.
lord_megatron

Pro

If we remove the comments option, then there would be no special points for spelling errors at all. Also, while we will get more votes without comments, the votes would not be justified and may be against someone who had a very good argument just to troll the person. Lastly, since you have failed to act upon the resolution that "I AM A BAD DEBATER" I think you should vote for me. Just see my bad debating skills.
Burls

Con

Your second sentence in this round is an example of how you excel in this field.
Posted by lord_megatron 6 months ago
lord_megatron
another tie again....
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DebaterGood// Mod action: Removed<

1 points to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Point goes to Con because he/she did not self-deprecate, and also tried to lift his/her opponent.

[*Reason for removal*] Conduct can only be awarded in instances where one side puts the other or another person/group down or forfeits a round. Being nice and avoiding self-deprication are insufficient reasons for awarding conduct.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: lwittman// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: You can't argue with someone that knows.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD, just the voter's view on the general knowledge of one of the debaters.
Posted by Burls 7 months ago
Burls
Lord Transformer; True or false?

The voter "DebaterGood" is not a "Good Debater" ergo he is a "Bad Debater"
Posted by lord_megatron 7 months ago
lord_megatron
SEE i AM A BAD DEBATER I AM LOSING THIS DEBATE AS WELL
Posted by Burls 7 months ago
Burls
Forgot the link: http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by Ockham 6 months ago
Ockham
lord_megatronBurlsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was good on both sides, and both sides used similar spelling and grammar. Neither side made more convincing arguments, in my view. Sure, Pro provided an argument in the first round, but Con countered it and then both debaters went off topic, so I don't see any reason to award either side points there. Neither side used any sources.