brontoraptor
fire_wings

I am a spoon

brontoraptor

Pro

I am a spoon.
fire_wings

Con

I will be making my opening arguments in this round.

Spoons are not alive

A living thing needs to match this [1], and let's see if a spoon fits

Movement: A spoon cannot move, and it is metal, has no legs

Respiration: A spoon has no lungs, as it has no lungs, or whatever

Sensitivity: A spoon cannot sense

Growth: A spoon can't grow

Reproduction: A spoon can't reproduce

Excretion: A spoon cannot sweat

Nutrition: A spoon doesn't have nutrients

A spoon matches none of these categories, so a spoon is not living.

Even my opponent says that he is not a spoon

This debate: http://www.debate.org...

Pro says he is a chimp in this debate, not a spoon.

This debate: http://www.debate.org...

Pro says he is a human

My opponent says that he is not a spoon, and he is lying. Even my opponent says he is not a spoon, and he is actually in my side.

My opponent is living

My opponent can move as he is typing this keyboard. Even in this debate he says he types: http://www.debate.org... And, as only living things can type, my opponent is a living thing, and is typing, he cannot be a spoon, or a non living thing.

Rebuttals

All my opponent provides are bare assertions. I have shown evidence that my opponent is not a spoon. My opponent gives a claim, no warrant or impact. Therefore, his arguments are all failed, and Vote for Con.

i have shown 3 arguments that my opponent is not a spoon. Vote for Con.
brontoraptor

Pro

"Spoons are not alive."

Not neccessarily. You can use a hamster as an eating utensil if you adhere to such ideological construct.

"Movement: A spoon cannot move, and it is metal, has no legs."

This is a false assertion. I never said I was a metal spoon. I am some other kind of spoon.

The spoon position or spooning is a sexual position and a cuddling technique. The name derives from the way that 2 spoons may be positioned side by side, with bowls aligned. The sexual spoon position is a form of a rear-entry position, the other being the doggy style position. The spoon sex position has been called one of the "basic four" sex positions.

In the spoon cuddling position, one partner lies on one side with knees bent while the other partner lies with his or her front pressed against their back. The spoons cuddling position is not limited to two people.

In the sex position, the receiving partner would be in the inner spoon position and the penetrator is in the outer spoon in preparation for rear-entry penetration. For penetration, the partners may separate their upper bodies, with just the pelvises connecting, and their legs can also rest on top of each other. The receiving partner may lift the upper knee to allow for easier penetration.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

And finally, I am a spoon. My name is Allen Be Spoon. Prove me wrong Con.
fire_wings

Con

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Ave

My opponent says that you can use a hamster for eating, like a spoon. Well, then you need to kill the hamster before, and it is not living then, and if you don't, it will escape.

My opponent says he is some other kind of spoon. When looking spoon in the internet, there are only metal spoons, and wooden spoons. They are both not living. And, a spoon can't move, my opponent didn't rebut that.

My opponent suddenly changes the resolution in the middle of the debate, to spoon position. First of all, that is very bad conduct, as changing the resolution. So it isn't changed. And he should have wrote that on the resolution. And, spooning is a verb, and you can't be a verb, so you can't actually be a verb.

My opponent talks about this "spoon act". My opponent doesn't show how he is a spoon, only saying a verb, and as I said, you can't be a verb.

My opponent then says, I am Allen Be Spoon. That is unfair, as he is only called "spoon", and that was the resolution, and it is unfair to change it in the middle of the debate. And, allen be spoon doesn't come in the internet, and if you say "spoon" to every person, most of them will thing of utensils. There is no proof you are Allen Be Spoon, and you have the burden of proof, and you didn't have proved anything, so :/ vote Con.

Vale

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
brontoraptor

Pro

Con: "My opponent says that you can use a hamster for eating, like a spoon. Well, then you need to kill the hamster before."

So we kill the hamster.

--

Con: "My opponent says he is some other kind of spoon." I am.

--

Con: "My opponent says he is some other kind of spoon. When looking spoon in the internet, there are only metal spoons, and wooden spoons." Nope. I looked it up. Spoon is a sex position. In my search, this came up: 1)Spoon is a band.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(band)

2)A utensil https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

3)A sex position http://www.cosmopolitan.com...

--

Con: "My opponent suddenly changes the resolution in the middle of the debate."

Nope. Look at round 1. I made no resolution. Con made no resolution inCon's opening statement, nor did I agree to any "said" resolution, thus Con is wrong.

--

Con: "And he should have wrote that on the resolution." There was no resolution. Go check it out.

--

Con: "And, spooning is a verb, and you can't be a verb, so you can't actually be a verb." Half true. "Spoon" is a position, thus a noun. I can be a noun.

Used in a sentence.

Verb- I was spooning her until she squeeled.

Noun- Spooning is fun.

--

Con: "My opponent talks about this "spoon act". It's true. I did. I shouldn't have, but I did anyway.

--

Con: "My opponent then says, I am Allen Be Spoon. That is unfair, as he is only called "spoon".

Not true. The title and my first round say, "I am a spoon", not "I am spoon". My name is Allen Spoon. Prove me wrong Con.

--

Not true. Here is an Allen Spoon on linkedin and facebook.

https://www.linkedin.com...

https://m.facebook.com...

--

Con: "and if you say "spoon" to every person, most of them will thing of utensils." Not true. If it is mating season, Spring, a certain time of the month, or a sexual hormonal imbalance, the person will think of the sex position. I'm thinking about it right now, so Con is wrong.

--

FINAL ARGUMENTS-

Con has the burden of proof in this debate. Con made assumptions, thus it is my word vs Con's. Seeing Con is assuming what I am, this is proof that Con does not know what I am, thus it is most logical to simply assume I am telling the truth that I am a spoon. There is no good reason for me to make such a thing up, nor does it benefit me to do so. Con has shown no motive, physical quality, or shown reasonable doubt that I am a spoon, thus Con is guessing, assuming and accusing me of not being a spoon. If you are not sure who or what someone or something is, youare assuming traits, qualities, and truths based on no evidence.
fire_wings

Con

If you kill the hamster, then it is dead. It is not alive. Then you can't be living, from this example.

My opponent does not say what spoon he is

My opponent says that spoon is a band. My opponent cannot be a "band", as it is not living.

You actually probably clicked spoon position or something. If you just click spoon, most of them are the kind of utensil. You can't be a position also.

You made a resolution called: "I am a spoon"

There is a resolution.

Where did you even find it is a noun? Spooning is a verb, as you are doing something. Spoon is a position, but that means you are a position. You aren't living then.

Spooning is fun, as my opponent says, Spooning is a noun. "ing" means it is a verb, and you can't be a spooning, hence you are wrong.

You shouldn't have, so you dropped your argument. Thanks.

You said, I am a spoon. You should have told that. And, you said you were Allen be Spoon. You changed your name again. You change your name because you are not him.

You said Allen Be Spoon. And just because it is in facebook, does it mean it is you?

Most people will think it is a spoon, the people around me. I actually asked. I asked 2 people which were hungry, and a normal person. They though of spoons. I said it in French. Even they think it is spoons. So, most people do think of spoons as utensils.

My opponent says that I have the BoP in the debate. My opponent has the burden of proof, as he has to prove that he is a spoon. He couldn't prove that in the debate, so I therefore win. I just make assumptions to say he is not a spoon. That is not my burden, but I am doing it. My opponent has to show he is a spoon, but he didn't. He is talking like, "Well, my opponent didn't show I am not a spoon, so I am a spoon" That is my opponent's logic. He can be an apple, a fork, or whatever. So he needs to prove. He didn't. Vote Con. Have a nice day.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
@missmozart, thanks
Posted by triangle.128k 1 year ago
triangle.128k
ewww, comic sans in round 3
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
I will report you every single time then.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
I can only hope you don't do that. It will be obvious anyhow, since you announced publicly that you'll do it. I don't think it will be worth your time.
Posted by brontoraptor 1 year ago
brontoraptor
I'm going to do it twice. Maybe even 3 times. Hell. Maybe 10 times.
Posted by brontoraptor 1 year ago
brontoraptor
I'm going to do it on a different one.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
FYI, spamming on a multi will result in a ban, and airmax can find out your IP. I wouldn't risk that.
Posted by brontoraptor 1 year ago
brontoraptor
I'll do it on another profile.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
*that basically amounts to
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
From the peanut gallery, I think it's clear from the debate that fire did better. You shifted the BOP, shifted the goalposts, and made bare assertions, while fire's arguments were well-reasoned and clear. It's certainly within reason for people to be dissatisfied with edawg's troll vote, even if the current voting standards do not allow it to be removed. There is no ill intent there, and I hope you realise that. And do not vote-bomb on others' debates; that is basically amounts to cutting off your nose to spite your face, as you'll get reported for sure.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 1 year ago
ThinkBig
brontoraptorfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full 7 points to con as pro is a troll.
Vote Placed by edawg3650 1 year ago
edawg3650
brontoraptorfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have seen him, and he is indeed a spoon.