I am new to this site

I have just clicked on this site and decided to sign up, ergo I am new to the site.

I look forward to hearing my opponent's counter-argument

As Pro and Instigator, my opponent maintains the Burden of Proof to affirm the resolution.

However, my opponent cannot prove that he has never before been to this site. He may have joined as a member recently, but he can't support his claim that he has just clicked on this site and should be considered new.

It is quite plausible that my opponent has been to this site many times; this debate only regards himself being new to the site, not his membership.

Lack of proof points to Con.

Please note the wording of my initial statement. I chose to use the phrase "I am new to this site" as opposed to "this site is new to me"

I accept the validity of your point: despite my assurance that it is not the case, I may have visited this site before. However, it is evident from my profile that I only joined one hour ago (correct at time of writing) and as such my belonging to the site, through membership, is in its infancy.

Making the statement that "I am new to the site" correct.

I know you stated "I am new to this site."

"I may have visited this site before." Ding ding - not necessarily new to the site.

Your membership is new to this site, but not necessarily yourself. You admit that you may have been to this site before. Hence, although your membership is new to the site, you are not, since you have been on here before.

I have refuted my opponent and negated the resolution.

"I am new to the site" is negated. Thank you.

"This site is new to me" is a different statement to "I am new to this site" as outlined in the previous post - you have overlooked this twice now. The key difference being that the second sentence outlines a previously unattained belonging - achieved through membership.

I would suggest that instead of trying to get me to provide support for a claim which I have not made, my opponent should attempt to provide evidence contrary to the join time on my profile.

"I am new to this site" does not necessarily refer to the action of becoming a recent member. The phrase simply means that you, Blatzo, are new to the website of Since you have not proven that you have not been on this site before, you are unable to support your claim. Enough said.

I would suggest that in further debates, my opponent tries to either a) create a debate that is less lopsided OR b) clarifies the meaning of the debate.

I urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
Haha, this is funny.
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
extend round to 72 hours and increase the charcter limit and I'll take it.
Vote Placed by YouImpossibleChild85 6 years ago