MyBrainHurts123
Wylted

I am not the stongest man in the word

Wylted

MyBrainHurts123

Pro

The burden of proof lies on your shoulders.

The first round is acceptance.

This is unwinnable, Do not accept....... (if you're a coward and are afraid of impossible odds)
Wylted

Con

My opponent has failed elaborate on the meaning of the resolution so I'm forced to use my own common sense (or lack of) to determine the meaning of it. For clarity's sake I'll make the meaning clear in this round to keep the debate on topic.

Resolution: I am (is) not the strongest man in the word

Since I'm forced to go on context clues I have to use the clues within the resolution it's self to determine the meaning. Since my opponent said "The Word" instead of world I can only assume he is referring to the word of God. As "the Word" is a common name for the bible.

The Word: This is a common name used in reference to the bible. A simple Google search will show it's common for Christians to us "The Word" as terminology referring to the bible. https://www.google.com...

At first I didn't know what my opponent meant by "I am", but after seeing "the word" as a context clue I immediately knew he was referring to God.

I am: This is a clear reference to God. In Exodus 3:14 God calls himself "I am that I am". Jesus also refers to himself as "I am" on several occasions http://en.wikipedia.org... Wikipedia shows several spots in he bible where it's used by Jesus and if you don't trust them as a source just use one of the free bibles on line to cross reference what they say. I use bible hub. Jews also used the term I am as a way to refer to God in medieval times. (The Reader's Encyclopedia, Second Edition 1965, publisher Thomas Y. Crowell Co., New York, editions 1948, 1955. Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 65-12510, page 918).

There is a ton of history behind this word and if you're curious about it you can read up a little on it by clicking the following link. http://en.wikipedia.org...

So with these definitions we can come to the true understanding of the resolution. Here it is:

I am (GOD) (is) not the strongest man in the word (AKA THE BIBLE).

I can't wait to see who my opponent argues is stronger than God. I look forward to his arguments. Also I won't give any arguments this round as my opponent has requested in round 1.
MyBrainHurts123

Pro

LOL! Funny stuff man, I love it. hahahahahahaha. Well, perhaps i mean the spoken word? I will type a sentence proving I am not the "strongest" in the spoken word. heelo mi naem is mybrainehurted123 this argamant is funni
Wylted

Con

My opponent has failed to make an argument and really hasn't challenged my inerpretation of the resolution. For those of you who have seen the Modal ontological argument, you can skip this next section and go ahead and vote for me.

My argument is this and the support for it lays below. I merely type this to give people an option to skip the lengthy text.

P1- God (I am) is omnipotent

P2- Jesus (a man) is God (I am).

C1- God (I am) is the most powerful man in the word (bible).

DEFENSE OF P1

Skip to MOA at the end of this which will show God (I am) is the most powerful man in the world and thus the bible. This is actually an extremely strong version of the MOA because we are assuming God (I am) is real for the purposes of this debate.

DEFENSE OF P2

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

That's the bible flat out stating Jesus (a man) is God (I am). Premise 2 is affirmed.

C1

Jesus is God, God is the most powerful man in the word.

I am (God is) the most powerful man in the word (bible).

MOA

Since my argument relies on modal logic, it is important that voters have at the least a very basic understanding of what modal logic is.

Modal logic consists of 4 propositions.

Possible

Possibility deals with what is logically possible, not physically possible.

If something isn't logically impossible, than it is logically possible.

For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster is logically possible (as far as I can tell). So, it is possibly true.

Impossible

Something is impossible, if it can't logically exist. A triangle with 4 sides would be logically impossible and therefore couldn't exist.

Necessary

Necessary propositions are ones that must be true and can't be false. For example 2 2=4 and can't be false.

Contingent

Contingent possibilities are ones that could be true but could also be false. For example Obama is president of the United State is true, but it could have been false. So it is contingently true. Al Gore was not president of the United States is false, but it could have been true so it is contingently false.

Possible Worlds

Possible worlds is just another way of representing what is possible. If I say the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists in some possible worlds and not in others, than all I'm saying is that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is possible.

Ontological Argument for the Existence of God. (Borrowed from Alvin Plantiga and various other people)

Premise 1

It is possible a greatest possible being exists. There are no logical absurdities here or contradictions. If my opponent can prove this premise wrong then the whole argument falls apart. So far in the history of mankind this has yet to be done so good luck.

Premise 2

Necessarily, if a greatest possible being exists he must be omnipotent and omniscient. If it wasn't omnipotent and omniscient then a greater possible being could exist in some possible worlds.

Premise 3

If the concept of the greatest possible being is coherent it exists in some possible worlds.

Premise 4

If a greatest possible being exists in some possible worlds it exists in all possible worlds. It exists in all possible worlds because it is a necessary truth and not a contingent truth.

Premise 5

If the greatest possible being exists in all possible worlds, he exists in the actual world.

Premise 6

The greatest possible being exists and by definition is God. It is omniscient and omnipotent.

Logically Valid

The argument is logically valid. Here is the mathematical proof here: http://jwwartick.com......

"Ax=df x is maximally great
Bx=df x is maximally excellent
W (Y) =df Y is a universal property
Ox = df x is omniscient, omnipotent, and morally perfect

1) `74; (W07;x)Ax pr
2) `33;(x)(Ax iff `33;Bx) pr
3) `33;(x)(BxX35;Ox) pr
4) (Y)[W(Y) iff (`33;(W07;x)Yx W44; (`33;~(W07;x)Yx)] pr
5) (Y)[(W07;Z)`33;(x)(Yx iff `33;Zx)X35; W(Y)] pr
6) (W07;Z)`33;(x)(Ax iff `33;Zx) 2, Existential Generalization
7) [(W07;Z)`33;(x)(Ax iff `33;Zx)X35;W(A)] 5, Universal Instantiation
8 ) W(A) iff (`33;(W07;x)Ax W44; (`33;~(W07;x)Ax) 4, Universal Instantiation
9) W (A) 6, 7 Modus Ponens
10) W(A)X35; (`33;(W07;x)Ax W44; (`33;~(W07;x)Ax) 8, Equivalence, Simplification
11) `33;(W07;x)Ax (`33;~(W07;x)Ax) 9, 10 Modus Ponens
12) ~`74;~~(W07;x)Ax W44; (`33;(W07;x)Ax) 11, Communication, Modal Equivalence
13) `74;(W07;x)Ax X35; `33;(W07;x)Ax Double Negation, Impl
14) `33;(W07;x)Ax 1, 13 Modus Ponens
15) `33;(x)(Ax iff `33;Bx) X35; (`33;(W07;x)Ax X35; `33;(W07;x)`33;Bx) theorem
16) `33;(W07;x)`33;Bx 14, 15 Modus Ponens (twice)
17) `33;(x)(Bx X35; Ox) X35; (`33;(W07;x)`33;Bx X35; `33;(W07;x)`33;Ox theorem
18) `33;(W07;x)`33;Bx 16, 17 Modus Ponens (twice)
19) (W07;x)`33;Bx 18, Necessity Elimination"
MyBrainHurts123

Pro

MyBrainHurts123 forfeited this round.
MyBrainHurts123

Pro

MyBrainHurts123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Thanks
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Pff, how boring.
Posted by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
LoL.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
/debate

Wylted won. Might as well just forfeit.
Posted by UchihaMadara 2 years ago
UchihaMadara
@Brainhurts:

he's accomplished tons more than you... tons more than most people on the site, actually.
his win ratio is no where close to representing his actual debating skill.
Posted by MyBrainHurts123 2 years ago
MyBrainHurts123
Go away envisage, I've looked at your debate history. You've accomplished nothing, you go around and pick religious topic's to debate because you lack the intelligence to debate anything note worthy. So please go back to picking on religious people... You may increase your win ratio by a few points.
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Good luck brain hurts, you will need it.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Thanks, I hated that debate. Not one of my better ones.
Posted by MyBrainHurts123 2 years ago
MyBrainHurts123
Lol, is it linear to the proposition at all? The proposition "I am not the strongest man in the world"? Aha, I do not doubt your cleverness. I like your debate on transcendental thinking btw.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I'm just waiting until I get home to accept. Once I accept, you'll see where I'm going with this.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow Wylted... just wow. Conduct - Con, due to Pro's forfeits. Arguments - Con. Pro failed to present any argument whatsoever, ultimately failing to maintain his position and relinquishing control over this debate to Con. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize any sources to strengthen his arguments whereas Con did.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff, pro used no sources so source points to con.
Vote Placed by Siladheil 2 years ago
Siladheil
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Easy 7 point win to Wylted.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Vote Placed by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wylted, one day we are going to debate the MOA, and I am going to make you hate it so much that you will never copy paste it in a debate ever again -.- Anyway FF
Vote Placed by Sojourner 2 years ago
Sojourner
MyBrainHurts123WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nice job to Wylted for the effort put forth in interpreting the resolution and offering argumentation. All points to Con due to FF