Dumbchic
Grape

I am richer than you

Dumbchic

Pro

Pro says contend I am unequivocably better than you
Con is burden of proof to say I am not better than you

I am unequivocably better than you because I am smarter. My family is unequivocably rich due to the fact that my father is unequivocably earning 1.5 millions of dollars a year. Seeing as that is more than most people gets, I am richer than people, and am richer than you unequivocably.
Grape

Con

Introduction:

Hello all. Thank you for tuning in to this mindblowingly idiotic debate. I would like to start by noting that the resolution states that my opponent must prove that she is "better" and me, not that she is "richer" as the title suggests.

I offer that one person can be considered better than another if he or she is possesses superior qualities. The importance of qualities can generally be assessed in terms of how depend the activities that humans undergo are dependant on them. In other words, I am pulling some psuedo-Aristotelian garbage out of my rectum. I think it will suffice for the prupose of this debate.

Argument One: Intelligence

This website verifies that I am a National Merit Semifinalist, which means I scored in the top 1% of American high school students on the PSAT. [1] I would obviously have to be intelligent to do such a thing. It also proves that I won money for my academic work against mediocre competition.

I recieved a score of 2290 on the SAT, 33 on the ACT, and scores of 800, 790, 790, and 790 on the Biology, World History, US History, and Literature SAT Subject tests. All of these scores put me in the top 1% except for the US History test, which places me in the top 2%. I can provide images that show these scores and my first name, but I don't want to go through the trouble. Given my verifiable PSAT score, I think that these numbers a plausible.

Now, being able to take standardized tests well does not make someone a genius by any means. There are very smart people who recieve lower scores. However, there clearly must be something going for me that allows me to outperform all by a few thousand other students in the country. I will assure you that it is no my ability to afford test prep material.

Unless my opponent can produce some evidence of equal plausibility to suggest that she is smarter than me, I think this point can be conceded. I will note her poor grammar does not suggest that she is intelligent.

Argument Two: Wealth

Wealth is not a trait possessed by an individual, so it is not relevant to determining who is better. Anyone could win the lottery. Pro is not even the one responsible for her family's income, her father is. This trait is irrelevant.

Conclusion:

Intelligence is an important trait to consider when determining who is better. It is certainly not the only trait since many qualities that humans possess are important to their success. However, it is the only relevant quality my opponent has brought up. Unequivocally.

[1] http://www.matildajoslyngage.org...

AskBob, please do not use my academic credentials to hunt down bikini pictures of me.
Dumbchic

Pro

Intelligence:

Well, we cannot be compared in intelliegence, right? Because I've been homeschooled all life long. But OBVIOUSLY, if I went to highschool I would do so much better than that. You're only 1%? I bet if I go to high school, I could be like 99%.

Wealth:
We're not talking about Genetics, GRAPE OWL. We're talking about whom is better than who. That means economy as well. My family earns 1.5 million dollar. I checked our bank account, honest.

Because of all these, I am much better than you.

And you're a guy and there are bikini pictures of you?
Grape

Con

Thanks to my opponent for her quick reply. I will go right in to my counterarguments.

Intelligence:

Anyone can participate in essay contests, compete for most scholarships, and take standardized tests. I did not reference grades, class rank, or anything else that my opponent would not have access to for the reason that she is a home schooled student.

Even if my opponent did not take these tests, she could have provided some other metrics by which to gauge her intelligence. Instead, she mentioned nothing at all and simply assumed that she was smarter. This is no evidence at all.

My opponent also demonstrates a lack of understanding of percentiles and percents. The top 1% means that you are the best out of 100. The top 99% means that you are the worst out of 100. I have no doubt that my opponent could be in the top 99% because even the worst person is. For percentiles, this is the opposite. The 99th percentile is the best and the 1st percentile is the worst.

Wealth:

My opponent misses the point of this objection. Wealth does not say anything about a person because it is a possession. Anyone can win the lottery. What is important is if that person earned the wealth. My opponent did not earn anything, her father did.

Conclusion:

There are no bikini pictures of me because I do not wear bikinis. However, I do not doubt AskBob's ability to find them.

Dumbchic

Pro

Dumbchic forfeited this round.
Grape

Con

In conclusion, I am the coolest and most humble person ever. Extend all arguments.
Posted by Pastafarian 6 years ago
Pastafarian
That was pathetic.
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
"You're only 1%? I bet if I go to high school, I could be like 99%."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by ErikMontague 6 years ago
ErikMontague
Her account has been closed. It's over.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
@larz - Those are typos. I omitted and inverted letters. If you would like to read writing that I've actually edited, a link was provided in the debate.

You wrote "education system," but it's actually "educational system." Education isn't an adjective. Virtually no one writes with perfect grammar all the time, so you'd be mistake to draw conclusions about my education or the educational system of the entire country in which I reside on the basis of such minor mistakes. You will notice that I do not have gross errors in sentence construction, misuse of words, or other problems that result from more than careless oversights.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
"unequivocably"

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
Posted by larztheloser 6 years ago
larztheloser
"I recieved"
"I think that these numbers a plausible"
"that it is no my ability"
etc...

"I will note her poor grammar does not suggest that she is intelligent."
(eyes scan back)
"I recieved a score of ... 790 on the ... Literature SAT Subject tests"
(eyes scan forth)

OK, honestly guys ... WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FIX AMERICA'S SCREWED UP EDUCATION SYSTEM?!
Posted by ASB 6 years ago
ASB
Her profile even says dumb chick
Posted by ASB 6 years ago
ASB
it is not even her money!!!!
Posted by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
"AskBob, please do not use my academic credentials to hunt down bikini pictures of me."

lol.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
The resolution is "I am better than you" not "I am richer than you." The title has nothing to do with anything.
Vote Placed by marker 6 years ago
marker
DumbchicGrapeTied
Vote Placed by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
DumbchicGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
DumbchicGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll was curb stomped.
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
DumbchicGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: What a waste of debate.
Vote Placed by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
DumbchicGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious victory is obvious.
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
DumbchicGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not make a singular factual assertion.