ethopia619
vardas0antras

I am the best debater on Debate.org

Con Tied Pro

ethopia619

Con

I declare that I am not the best debater in Debate.org. Let's duel!

1. Definitions

I- ethopia619
best- the most superior
debater- someone that debates
Debate.org- Debate.org

All arguments will be posted in round 2, please.
vardas0antras

Pro

Since I can't give any arguments Ill simply give some definitions.

Content
Definitions

1.Definitions
I:
This would be Ethopia619 referring to himself only.
Am:
In this case the word would be defined as to exist or to live.
"BE (infinitive, subjunctive, imperative)
AM (present 1st person singular)
ARE (present 2nd person singular and all plural)
IS (present 3rd person singular)
WAS (past 1st and 3rd persons singular)
WERE (past 2nd person singular, all plural; subjunctive)
BEING (progressive & present participle; gerund)
BEEN (perfect participle)." Dictionary.com
The:
Used to refer to a person, place or something unique.
Best:
It means simply superior
Debater:
Someone who regularly engages in debates.
On:
In
Debate.org:
This website

"I declare that I am not the best debater in Debate.org. Let's duel!"

Declare:
"to manifest; reveal; show: Her attendance at the rally declared her political allegiance."
"to state emphatically: He declared that the allegation was a lie."
Dictionary.com

"I am not":
Im other words Ethopia619 is not presently " the best debater in Debate.org"

"Let's duel!"
Play a children's card game which is very popular among 12 years old.

Thank you,
V0Antras
ethopia619

Con

Well, it seems that I'm debating vardas0antras. Good luck!

Let's begin:

1. Win Ratio

Obviously, I am not as good as a debater compared to theLwerd <1>. My win ratio is about 64% <2>, while theLwerd's is about 94%. This shows that I am not the best debater on Debate.org. Following this route, I will point out that I lost 5 debates so far to this time record. If I were the best debater, I would be destroying everyone in my path and have a 100% win ratio, or something close to that. Like MasterET <3>. I know that "best" doesn't exactly mean something along the lines of winning, but look. I lost some of my debates, such as "Cyber Bullying Should be a Criminal Offence." <4>
<1> http://www.debate.org...
<2> http://www.debate.org...
<3> http://www.debate.org...
<4> http://www.debate.org...

2. Debating

Let's talk about debating now. Please read <5> and <6>. There is a big difference between the two. In many opinions, losedotexe is a far better debater than myself. I even admit that.
<5> http://www.debate.org...
<6> http://www.debate.org...

==> Conclusion

As you can possibly see, I am not the best debater on Debate.org. Well, I'd like to thank vardas0antras and the readers. Happy Holidays. Thank you.

~Yami Yugi
vardas0antras

Pro

Its good to be able to debate you again. Now lets begin. Incidentally its Christmas not "Holidays" just in case you forgot.

Observations:
As I have expected you have accepted my elaboration on definitions via not addressing them. Thank you for that because this shall make things much easier for me. Anyhow lets go into the next section.

AFT (argument from time):

1) The word "am" is defined as "(present 1st person singular)". This obviously refers to the time he presented his argument. That is when he submitted this debate not a moment more because that would not be "the present time" anymore nor no moments earlier because the debate has not yet been set up meaning that you're not yet a debater.

2) Now lets look at the word "debater". According to your definition "debater- someone that debates". I have also elaborated on this and when we add those two definitions we can see that a debater is someone who is presently engaging in a debate. One can argue that my elaboration (in the previous round) on this word contradicts what my opponent is saying but that is only true when this word is isolated. That is because I defined this word without considering the word "am", it was my mistake I admit however this mistake has just made me refute a possible objection in the future rounds. Wherefore the definition when considering the word "am" and your definition and mine is: A person who is debating.

Conclusion)So as you can see my opponent was arguing that at the 'present' time (reference to the moment he posted this) he was the best debater. I agree because at the 'present time' (which refers to the moment he posted this) there was no opposition and like a famous Lithuanian philosopher once said "if no one is in front of you, you are number one". An argument is stronger than nothing.

Q. What about win ratio and etcetera ?
A. That is a reference to the past. We are talking about the "present". In the 'present time' there was nothing but you and your posted argument. Vice versa your position doesn't change according to your win ratio a hour later.
Q. No argument was posted on round one.
A. Depends on your definition for example I would say that denying that you're not better at something is an argument in itself. However if we ignore this we're left with an assertion and an assertion is superior to nothing, obviously.

AFI (argument from ignorance):

My opponent "declares" that he is not the best debater on this site. Now according to the definition there's a difference between saying and declaring. The burden is not to show that its more likely that you are not the best debater but its to prove without doubt "to state emphatically".
state:
"to declare definitely or specifically: She stated her position on the case."
emphatically:
"clearly or boldly outlined: It stands, like a great, stone dagger, emphatic against the sky."

I have doubts:
1. You may have multiple accounts ; you have given no evidence to refute this.
Q. What about my win ratio ?
A. Well obviously if all your accounts are counted your win ratio increases.
Q. It doesn't increase the Ethopia619 accounts win ratio.
A. We are talking about the "debater". Debater is a reference to a person and not an internet account.
Q. Motivation ?
A. That doesn't matter but hey Ill give you one anyway: this new account lets you have fun and takes away the pressure one would get to win.
Q. Its not allowed
A. Yet its very possible

2. You may be concealing your skills.
You may be the best debater here but instead of creating multiple accounts you decided to take it easy for a moment hence you'll do very well.
Q. Doesn't affect my current win ratio.
A. If you're concealing your true talent then your current win ratio doesn't reflect how good of a debater you are.
Q. Unseen talent equals no talent.
A. No. Unseen talent would make someone secretly the best debater. Secretly but still the best.

3. You're the best around
You may be so good that you managed to be the best debater and conceal it in a way I don't know.
Q. That's appeal to ignorance.
A. You brought it upon yourself.
Q. If I'm the best then how come I'm about to lose this ?
A. This may be a part of a larger scheme - that's how good you are !!

Thank you for reading.
ethopia619

Con

Nice... Let's conclude my side of Round 3.

It's not Christmas, actually. Some other people celebrate Kwanzaa or Hanukkah. If I say, "Happy Holidays!" this includes Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, and other celebrations that I have not mentioned.

Am. Okay, I'll agree with the definition. I believe that you have mixed up your argument in a way that I do not understand, but I suppose that you are saying that I am not a debater. Well, look at now, the present. You stated in your first argument that I am not a debater, and now you're saying that I am a debater. Wow. Nice. I regularly engage into debates, so yes, I AM a debater. I debate. You stated that "am" in your definition and in mine is: A person who is debating. Yes, I AM debating. I AM a debater. This destroys your arguments. I believe that you are forfeiting this debate, placing a desperate card, or trying to lure me into a complicated trap. Hmm..... You stated that "if no one is in front of you, you are number one." There is many people in front of me, like Sieben, Mongoose, Mongeese, theLwerd, RoyLatham and more. They are (in the present) better than me. Now, on to refuting your "Questions and Answers."

Q. Win Ratio?
A. To this point, in the present, I have lost 6 debates. My win ratio counts. The present time. Since this is a debate about "Ethopia619", the present time will be when I am typing these arguments.
Q. No argument
Definitions is an argument.

"You may have multiple accounts..."
I do not have multiple accounts. If I did, I would have been banned a long time ago, but, I do not have multiple accounts.

Debating

I obviously am not just an internet account. Who types these arguments? Myself, though I cannot state my name because we should not share personal information. I do not conceal my skills. I go all out with all my strength, which is why I chose a Yami Yugi picture for my profile, to show that I will go all out, just like Atem (Yami Yugi). I do not hide my skills. I do not keep unseen talent. I show them of. I am not the best debater around debate.org. Please look at Yraelz's profile. It states that he is the best of the best.
http://www.debate.org...

==> Conclusion

I am not the best debater. I urge a con vote. I thank the readers and vardas0antras. Happy Holidays! Thank you.

~Yami Yugi

P.S. My name does not matter in this debate, if you happen to watch Yugioh. I just happened to have the name, Yugi, in it. Ha ha.
vardas0antras

Pro

Well its Christmas for me and its Christmas for most people. When you say this, I honestly feel like you're excluding or at least avoiding Christmas and I never heard of "Kwanzaa" meaning that it's a rare holiday. People who celebrate rare holidays don't think that they're holiday is considered when one says something as vague as "Holiday". In short you lose the big group and the minority. In any case this don't matter.

I have observed that my opponent has simply misunderstood my arguments. Hence I'll quote and respond to what you said to show everyone where you went wrong. Besides this is my favorite way of using the last round.

AFT(argument from time):

"Okay, I'll agree with the definition"
I'm afraid it's too late to quarrel definitions, anyhow.

"you are saying that I am not a debater."
I've set up two definitions:
1."debater- someone that debates"
That is an adjective (description).
2." A person who is debating"
That is a verb (an action word).

"Yes, I AM debating. I AM a debater."
Yes under the first definition but not under the second one because at this moment its me who is debating.
We are arguing the second definition and under the second definition 'the present time' has passed away for it was at the moment you posted this.

" I believe that you are forfeiting this debate, placing a desperate card, or trying to lure me into a complicated trap."
No I presented effort and crafted my own splendid argument. This is completely made by me.

"There is many people in front of me"
Not at the time you posted this ! At that moment all records of the past and all potential of the future was destroyed and you were in fact the only debater ; you were the only debater who debated at the 'present time'. Furthermore there was no opposition instead there was only you and your argument. We established that the title was specifically referring to the "present time" that is when by our established definition you were the only debate hence you were the best.

Yes I know this may be a bit difficult to understand but read what I wrote few times (it's not a lot) and you'll get it easily though I do realize that many can get it from the first time. I urge readers to read round two again and you'll see how badly my argument is misunderstood.

There is nothing extra I can add though I don't get the "Questions and Answers" section of yours. "Q.No argument" I don't understand the question but by your answer I realized that it would be meritless.

For those who don't know what is going on:
In round 2 I argued that:
o By our established definition my opponent was referring to the moment he posted this debate.
o By our established definition a debater is someone who debates but due to the previous establishment and another definition we established, a debater is "A person who is debating.". I have established and proven in round 2 that we must use the latter definition for it is more appropriate.
o When you add the previous two points, you can see that for one to be a better debater than Ethopia619 one must be debating at the exact same time and be making better arguments. My opponents arguments have met no opposition hence it succeeds ergo it can't be anyone in the middle of a debate.
o There were no other challenges posted at that time hence he was the best debater for that short amount of time. The title as established is referring to that period of time so technically you are the best debater however one must remember the context (what I just wrote) for this to make sense.
o Hypothetically if there were more debates in a "challenging period" present, it is impossible to have both of these posted at the same time. Since according to our definition we must be exact (emphasis on exact) the possibility of this happening is definitely under one percent. The chances decrease when one considers the size of this tiny community.
I hope this helped everyone to understand.

AFI(argument from ignorance):

"I do not have multiple accounts. If I did, I would have been banned a long time ago, but, I do not have multiple accounts."
No this pure assertion does not prove that you can't get away with having multiple accounts.

"I obviously am not just an internet account. Who types these arguments?"
This supports my suspicions as you can see:
"Q. It doesn't increase the Ethopia619 accounts win ratio.
A. We are talking about the "debater". Debater is a reference to a person and not an internet account."

" I do not conceal my skills. I go all out with all my strength"
Assertion. Burden not met.

"I chose a Yami Yugi picture for my profile, to show that I will go all out, just like Atem (Yami Yugi)"
I don't have to believe this nor did you always have this avatar ; does that mean that you don't bother when you use a different avatar ? Obviously no ; such trivial things don't effect how the debater acts.

"Please look at Yraelz's profile"
That is irrelevant to both AFI and AFT.

Chief note:
You completely ignored the third doubt I had "3. You're the best around"

Thank you for the debate,
V0Antras
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
@Lightkeeper
"Then you need to work on your expression because that particular part of the argument is clearly saying exactly that." You know what lets forget this lets just say I never made this argument or that it is erroneous though its not - I still have another much more clearer argument which he failed to refute.
Posted by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
LOL no no no..It's happy holidays!
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
Its not "Happy Holidays" its merry Christmas
Posted by Cunit0814 6 years ago
Cunit0814
Voted all for pro just because I can. ;)
Posted by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
Then you need to work on your expression because that particular part of the argument is clearly saying exactly that.
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
"Don't flatter yourself. Nothing you can dish out can possibly be too big for me to understand. I find your argument childish. And cute. That's a compliment though; it's entertaining."
My argument =/= What you said my argument was. Eh whatever I'm wasting my time.
Posted by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
Don't flatter yourself. Nothing you can dish out can possibly be too big for me to understand. I find your argument childish. And cute. That's a compliment though; it's entertaining.
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
@Lightkeeper
"Yes, I did misunderstand you" At least you admit that.
"You were saying that the time in question must be at the time of clicking "submit" because otherwise he would not be a debater." Not exactly but don't worry it took me awhile to get it myself.
" Fortunately, this wouldn't change my vote." XD its exceedingly obvious what you're all about lol.
"That's not to say I don't find your semantic manipulation to be cute." My argument is too big for you to understand ; how can you find that cute? Oh and like previously said, thats not my only argument ¬.¬
Posted by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
Yes, I did misunderstand you. You were saying that the time in question must be at the time of clicking "submit" because otherwise he would not be a debater. Fortunately, this wouldn't change my vote. That's not to say I don't find your semantic manipulation to be cute.
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
@Lightkeeper
You completely misunderstood my arguments furthermore I created 2 arguments for people like you and m93. LOL my peers have more common sense !
Vote Placed by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by Cunit0814 6 years ago
Cunit0814
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
ethopia619vardas0antrasTied