EmilyMemmi
400spartans

I am the only person with free will!

400spartans

EmilyMemmi

Pro

I am here to prove that I am the only person with free will!
This first round is for the Con side to present their argument first. Please do not expect me to quote sources, this is (for me) for sheer brain power, not googling stuff! Good luck!
400spartans

Con

I hope to see a good debate.

Argument:

First BOP. The BOP is on you, as you are trying to show that you have something that nobody doesn't.

Then it becomes clear. You have to show an argument for why you are the only person with free will. I do not need an argument until you present one.
EmilyMemmi

Pro

Sorry for the confusion!

I am the only human with free will. Your (and everybody else's) paths are completly mapped out and you can't change them! I right now am choosing to type the word watermelon, then erase it! You have will do something or not. It is "mapped out in the stars" that you will either type it or not, and delete it or not, you will only do what is already planned for you. I am the main character of this story, while everyone else are merely side characters.
400spartans

Con

You should have known from the start. https://www.youtube.com...

The thing is, I can make the same argument. So I am the only person with free will, and you aren't. Yes, it is a trap.

Now, we can't BOTH be the ONLY person with free will. Either your argument is valid, and we both have free will, or your argument is invalid, and you either don't have free will, or there are others who have free will. Each way, you are wrong.
EmilyMemmi

Pro

So to your conumdrum, what if you're just wrong? What if you were scripted to say that? You still don't have free will, you just say that because that's what you were meant to do!
400spartans

Con

Well, what if YOU are just wrong? What if YOU were scripted to say what you said this round? I can make the same argument too! Thus, the trap. From last round:

We can't BOTH be the ONLY person with free will. Either your argument is valid, and we both have free will, or your argument is invalid, and you either don't have free will, or there are others who have free will. Each way, your statement is FALSE.
EmilyMemmi

Pro

I do in fact, have free will, and you, unfortunatly, do not. It is not your fault, and don't feel bad, you should actually feel happy to be scripted in the story of my life! We aren't BOTH the ONLY person with free will, because I am the ONLY person! Therefore, my argument is valid!
400spartans

Con

But, if I use your argument, then I am the ONLY person with free will. I can easily say what you said. From last round:

Vote Con, because Pro is ignoring my arguments.
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Now the debate is over let me add. I do not believe anyone possesses free will, but if 1 person did its easy to determine who. Your purpose. The only logical purpose 2 people come into contact is to learn or to teach. Teaching serves no purpose for a being with free will. So the one who learns must be the one with free will. In this situation I am teaching. Therefore you have free will.
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Lol you weird. But I say that in the nicest possible way. Keep that free thinking spirit.
Posted by EmilyMemmi 2 years ago
EmilyMemmi
More just for fun (for me)
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Is this a serious debate or just having some fun?
Posted by EmilyMemmi 2 years ago
EmilyMemmi
Oh, sorry! There are a lot of debates on free will, and I actually didn't see your debate until now! Sorry!
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Lol probably. But its not like she had a choice. Only you have free will.
Posted by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 2 years ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
did you straight up steal my debate? XD
Vote Placed by Chaosism 2 years ago
Chaosism
EmilyMemmi400spartansTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not prove the resolution, but merely presented and repeated unsupported assertions.