HAwoman
SirBadgerLock

I am the sexiest lesbian on Debate.org.

HAwoman

Pro

In this debate I shall lay out my case for me being the sexiest lesbian on the website 'Debate.org'.

My opponent will oppose me and offer evidence to refute my claim that I am the sexiest lesbian on debate.org.
HAwoman

Pro

According to Anthony Flew's Falsification Principle, statements (moral or otherwise) are true until they can be proven false. It is irrelevant for someone to tell me "you are not the sexiest lesbian on debate.org" if they do not possess empirical evidence to support their claim.

This is a system adopted in large amount by the US legal system - the idea that a client is "innocent until proven guilty". In other words: their arguments regarding their innocence are considered true under the United States Law unless an accuser can prove that client to be lying about their statements, i.e. guilty.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that, under the influence of Flew's falsification principle, I am most certainly the sexiest lesbian on debate.org unless you have solid, empirically proof to counter it.

We can also imply from this that under the United States Judiciary system I am innocent of my claim until proven guilty of lying. Hence, I am outright considered as the sexiest lesbian on debate.org under the US state.

I rest my case.
HAwoman

Pro

My opponent has completely ignored my argument and refuses to offer evidence which may counter my claim.

Therefore, in accordance with the Falsification principle and the United States legal system, I win the debate.

Thanks for reading.
Posted by canis 11 months ago
canis
What chicken is the sexiest chicken on the farm.
Posted by FactvsFeeling 11 months ago
FactvsFeeling
No where in the argument does it stipulate the judgement of sexiness must come from strictly a lesbian. Furthermore, ask a lot of guys how they feel about girl on girl action.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Are you a lesbian..?... No... = How could you know what is sexi to a lesbian ?..
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Another false premise for contribution. Says who?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Hmm. Only lesbians can disagree..
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Since "sexy" is subject to interpretation, your claim in itself is inherently false to begin with. For instance, I don't think it's sexy to claim to be the "sexiest". Whether you are lesbian or not. That alone destroys the claim. You're talking about philosophy, where as every other measure of truth is defined by fact or the scientific method in the material world.

Furthermore, Antony (Not Anthony) Flew did not own the Falsifiability principle. He borrowed the principle from Karl Popper when discussing religious matters.

Popper saw falsifiability as a means to determine what was scientific and not. If a theory was falsifiable, then it was scientific. If not, then it was not scientific. However, most "pure" sciences do not adhere to this ideology, except pseudo-sciences.

Pseudo-science is a set of ideas which presents itself as science, while it does not meet the criteria to call itself such.

Your boast did not present itself as scientific, so it's not a pseudo-science. Hence, Popper's, not Flew's Falsifiability Principle cannot be used.

Congrats on the win, though.
Posted by jareness 1 year ago
jareness
I absolutely agree. I didn't say you lost the debate. I just pointed out the logical flaws of your argument.
Posted by HAwoman 1 year ago
HAwoman
It is irrelevant whether my argument is effective or not in your opinion, simply due to the fact that con did not even HAVE an argument. Therefore, by default, I win.
Posted by jareness 1 year ago
jareness
The initial premise laid out by Pro is ridiculous. It is thus:
Premise 1: I am X
Premise 2: if you cannot disprove premise 1, X is true
Conclusion: since you cannot possibly disprove premise 1, I am X.

So, Pro set this up as a false argument designed to win by default, for several reasons. First, the first premise made is subjective. For all we know, the only opinion offered in agreeance with her self-assessment may be offered by her cat. Second, this is a debate arena, and having violated the rules of logical engagement Pro is disqualified. Last, even if Pro wasn't already blown out of the water, her reliance on our legal system as the timbers of her matchstick house burst into flame at the mere mention of it, as she claims that proof must be offered, when our founding fathers declared several truths to be 'self evident'. Evidently ,her 'self-evident' sexiness wasn't what they had in mind.
Posted by HAwoman 1 year ago
HAwoman
I have a tumblr account. I believe that's proof, no?