singingboy2
Clash

I am the sexiest man alive

Clash

singingboy2

Pro

My mommy said I was.
And so did that guy in the ally.
And my that guy how lives nextdoor who always wants to babysit.
Clash

Con

The resolution is "I am the sexiest man alive". As Con, I will negate this resolution by arguing that my opponent is not the sexiest man alive. Now, let us move on and refute Pro's absurd claim that he is the sexiest man alive.

Pro's Argument

What Pro said in his first round basically just boils down to this: "Some people told me that I'm the sexiest man alive (I.e., My mother, a guy in the ally, and an another guy who lives nextdoor). Therefore, I am the sexiest man alive." This argument is extremely fallacious and weak, because it doesn't follow that you are A just because some people said that you are A. Sure, some people may have said to my opponent that he is the sexiest man alive, but that doesn't therefore necessarily mean that it's actually true that he is the sexiest man alive. Let me give one example in order to illustrate just how flawed and weak this argument is:

Imagine if a guy came up to you and said that he is God. After hearing this, you naturally ask him "Why do you think that?". The guy answers by saying "Because my mother and all my friends said so." Is this a good or reasonable answer? Does this make sense? Of course not. A reasonable person would think that this guy is just insane and doesn't know anything about logic. Indeed, a reasonable person would easily understand that a guy isn't the sexiest man alive or God simply just because some people said to this guy that he was.

Problems with Pro's claim

There are several problems with Pro's claim that he is the sexiest man alive. I will, however, only present two of these problems.

1. The first problem with Pro's claim is the fact that what makes someone "sexy" depends greatly on who you ask. For example, for some people being fat is sexy. But for some other people, not being fat is what is sexy. Some people may say that intelligence is a big factor in determining if someone is sexy. Some other people, however, may say that intelligence doesn't really matter when it comes down to what makes someone sexy. In short, what makes someone "sexy" and what it even means to be "sexy", is very subjective.

2. The second problem with Pro's claim is the fact that his claim is almost impossible to prove. In order for us to determine if my opponent is the sexiest man alive, we would have to look at all the men in the word who is alive today; for how else can we know with certainty that my opponent is the sexiest man alive? It may very well be the case that a guy living in Africa or Asia somewhere is more sexier than my opponent. The point is, there is no way we can say with certainty that someone is the sexiest man alive, unless we actually compare that someone to all the other men who are alive today. But of course, comparing my opponent to all the men who are alive today (about 3-4 billion people), is something which is quite unrealistic.

The resolution is negated.
singingboy2

Pro

As you stated 'Who is the sexiest man alive?' is an opinionated question. Plato stated that on opinions on the maters of self your's is the only opinion that maters. If one where to say I am the most glamourous man in Roma he is.
If you and me where both to state 'I am the sexiest man alive' we would both be telling the truth. Also proving why opinions are fallacy and should never be used for philosophical debate.
Clash

Con

Remember that I presented two problems against Pro's claim that he is the sexiest man alive. These two problems clearly raised great doubt to Pro's claim. However, Pro has completely ignored these two problems by not giving any responses to them whatsoever. This is something which the readers should take into strong consideration before they decide to vote. Now, moving on to what Pro said in his second round.

Pro said: "As you stated 'Who is the sexiest man alive?' is an opinionated question."

Response: Well, this isn't exactly what I stated. What I really stated was that what makes someone "sexy" or what it even means to be "sexy", is very subjective and depends greatly on who you ask.

Pro said: "Plato stated that on opinions on the maters of self your's is the only opinion that maters. If one where to say I am the most glamorous man in Roma he is."

Response: I would agree with Plato that your opinion on yourself is the only opinion which really matter. However, I can't figure out what this exactly proves - let alone how it proves Pro's case. As for Pro's claim that if someone where to say that he is the most glamorous man in Roma then he is, this is just an unwarranted claim. Sure, that guy may think in his mind that he is most glamorous man in Roma, but this would only be true in his mind. It wouldn't, however, be true in regard to reality. It doesn't logically follow that you actually are A in regard to reality simply just because you think you are A in your mind.

Moreover, even if we agree with Pro that if someone where to say that he is the most glamorous man in Roma then he is, this wouldn't prove his claim that he is the sexiest man alive. This debate is about if my opponent is the sexiest man alive, not about someone being the most glamorous man in Roma simply just because he says so.

Pro said: "If you and me where both to state 'I am the sexiest man alive' we would both be telling the truth."

Response: True in regards to what? In regard to yourself and your mind, it may be true that you are the sexiest man alive. However, simply just because you state and believe that you are the sexiest man alive, does that make it true in regards to reality? Of course not. To claim that you are actually the sexiest man alive just because you say or think so, is just bad logic. For example, imagine if I were to state that I am God with great properties like omnipotence and omniscience. Would my claim of being God with great properties like omnipotence and omniscience be true simply just because I stated so? No, that's just absurd.

Of course, according to you and your mind, it may be true that you are God. This, however, doesn't prove that you actually are God, because being God is only something which you think is true in your mind. We must never equate something which only you think is true and what really is true. Reality is often contrasted with what is imaginary, delusional, or only in the mind. Indeed, people believe many absurd things about themselves, but it isn't necessarily true that they actually are these things in reality simply just because they believe so.

Indeed, if Pro had said that his claim of being the sexiest man alive is something which is only valid for him since that's what he thinks of himself in his mind, then I would agree with him. But Pro didn't say this and nor did he indicate this in his opening round (i.e., His 1 round, the round in which he should have clarified everything in regards to what he wanted to argue for, what his case really was, and so on). Rather, Pro simply just claimed that he was the sexiest man alive and tried to support this claim by saying that three persons told him so.

However - as I have made it clear several times in this debate - if we are going to talk reality, then it is just absurd to say that you are the sexiest man alive simply just because you believe so or because some people told you so. It may be true in Pro's mind that he is the sexiest man alive, but it doesn't follow that you are the sexiest man alive in reality simply just because you believe so in your own mind - let alone because some people told you so. If it was the case that you really are something just because you say so or believe so in your mind, then we would have to accept that I'm God with great properties like omnipotence and omniscience. Why? Well, because I said so. But of course, as everybody can clearly see, this is just absurd and fallacious thinking.

The resolution has been negated. Vote Con.
Posted by JonK 4 years ago
JonK
this was a hilarious debate.
Posted by Clash 4 years ago
Clash
'...i got like reverse trolled.'

And I got an opponent who apparently have no knowledge about logic and how to debate. Pro, the fact of the matter is that you and your ridiculous claim was completely demolished and refuted. Deal with it. If you can't deal with it, then cry me a river.
Posted by singingboy2 4 years ago
singingboy2
I was going to put up a picture so not expecting a literal debate i got like reverse trolled.
Posted by Clash 4 years ago
Clash
@RationalMadman

I'm only doing what I'm supposed to do in an debate site. Pro created a debate in which he claimed to be the sexiest man alive. I quickly saw that this claim was easy to refute, so I decided to take it. What else am I supposed to do? Troll it? If Pro's intention behind this debate was to troll, then he should go somewhere else. This is a debate site.
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
Clas you're taking this a bit seriously eh...
Posted by JackyBWong 4 years ago
JackyBWong
This debate would be intriguing to watch.
Posted by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
Are you Hugh Hefner?
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Ryu would win with his 'stache.
Posted by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
... I'm really tempted to take this. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Show. Off.
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Are you Hugh Jackman? I didn't think so.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
singingboy2ClashTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didnt give any pictures or sources at all to prove that he is the sexiest man alive. I do ot doubt that he is a sexy mother f***er but pro didnt give any actual proof for why he is THE SEXIEST man alive, so I am forced to give arguments to the con