breckynelise
apaches

I (as in me) should not be capitalized

apaches

breckynelise

Pro

As someone who always puts other before myself, I have always thought that "i" (as in to me or myself) should be lowercase. Keeping "i" as an uppercase letter seems really conceited of us to do. If anything, They, He, She, It, or Them should all be capitalized as opposed to "i".
apaches

Con

On the contrary to our wonderful opposer, It is my opinion that I should be capitalized. To come to this conclusion you first have to think, when do you capitalize the first letter of a word? You do so at the beging of a scentence or the first letter in someone's name. When talking about something that happend to you, it would be ridiculous to say your own name. So we substute our own name. When you do this, that Represents your name. I is to your name, as x is to a number in an equation. Thank you.
breckynelise

Pro

"I" could still be capitalized, but i believe "They", "Them", "She", or "He" should be capitalized along with it. They are all equally as important as the letter "i". Each of them are explaining a living organism; therefore, they should also be capitalized to show their importance as well as "i".
apaches

Con

Well I personly believe, my opponent is right, him they, them, and she should be capitalised, I must disagree and attempt to prove my opponents case wrong.

On that note, I should be captilzed becuse it specifically refers to one person. In a scentce it is not hard to determin who you are talking about when you say "I went cliff jumping yesterday." I is refering to the person talking. When someone says, "Yeah we went cliff jumping, and he broke his ankle." You have no idea who he is talking about.
breckynelise

Pro

breckynelise forfeited this round.
apaches

Con

As my oppent did not post one I wont ethier.
breckynelise

Pro

breckynelise forfeited this round.
apaches

Con

Fine just forfeit life, it helps
breckynelise

Pro

breckynelise forfeited this round.
apaches

Con

apaches forfeited this round.
Posted by derplington 3 years ago
derplington
Ok... The fact that the first thing that comes to mind to start an argument is "I" shows you either don't care that much, or you care about small things like that way too much. This is either a huge joke, or an attempt to change the English language.
Vote Placed by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
breckyneliseapachesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to uphold her commitment to participate in a debate which she instigated. Pro also conceded her entire premise in round 2 when she admitted that there was an alternate situation in which I should be capitalized.