vardas0antras
gtvwls8

I automatically win

vardas0antras

Pro

What this debate is about:
I automatically win if I don't have a burden of proof.
gtvwls8

Con

automatically= occurring spontaneously, reflexively.
burden of proof = the duty of proving a disputed charge [1]

Untrue.

Contention 1: Credibility
Debates are decided largely on the basis of credibility. Pretend you say nothing. You do not reply to

this argument. You fail to post an argument in all subsequent rounds. Does this fulfill the burden of

proof? No. So it is an action the affirmative is trying to defend. Yet if a person says nothing, there is

nothing to sway the mind of others toward their side.

Contention 2: See-saw.
In a normal debate, each person has arguments to prove a resolution. Yet suppose one side does not

make any new arguments, but only reply to those of their opponent. You are not fulfilling the burden

of proof for your side. You are not advancing your case. You may still win if you fully defeat all my arguments, but if I have even one argument left standing, then I win the debate. To win, you must tip the see-saw of opinion toward your side, or at least make it balanced. Yet if I have anything left on one side, I still win.

Thank you to the voters, to mom, to dad, and to America and the global economy as a whole. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen.

[1] http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
vardas0antras

Pro

Thank you for accepting and now lets begin!

Content:
o My opponents arguments
o Definition of burden of proof
o Summarization

o My opponents arguments

Contention 1: Credibility

Definition of credibility:
The quality of being convincing.

What is convincing? I think it's a no brainier that something that has proved itself is extremely convincing. Now how does one prove itself? By providing evidence in other words by fulfilling its burden of proof. Indeed this argument works for me rather than against me. Now lets briefly address few things my opponent has said:

"Pretend you say nothing"
Not saying anything isn't what debaters do ; this is a debate. No burden of proof does not equal no arguments. One must ask himself "no burden of proof" to what? As you can see one must propose something in order to begin. Now with no burden of proof ones proposition automatically succeeds in other words he wins the argument.

"Does this fulfill the burden of proof? No."
I find this funny because no burden of proof equals a fulfilled burden of proof.

Contention 2: See-saw

There's no need for definition instead lets just dive into what my opponent said:

"You are not fulfilling the burden of proof for your side. You are not advancing your case."
Verily I have no burden hence the case is already won ; there is no need to advance my case.

"You may still win if you fully defeat all my arguments"
A proposition with no burden of proof would win because it can't be challenged or doubted while one can still have doubts about a statement which fulfilled its burden since there might be an error or something else.

"Thank you to the voters, to mom, to dad, and to America and the global economy as a whole. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen." This is an excellent ending hence Ill copy it for future debates.

o Definition of burden of proof

http://dictionary.reference.com...

o Summarization
I have asserted in round one that someone in a debate with no burden of proof would automatically win ; which is true because an argument is automatically proven. Then my opponent began to argue otherwise and now I'm trying to show him his errors.

Thank you to the voters, to mom, to dad, to sister, to my ten cousins and to America, to Russia, to Britain, to nations whose names I can't pronounce and the global economy as a whole. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen. Also good night to you too Tony - my favorite alien...Thats all folks ! Lets now not forget my opponent and me. Furthermore the people that are yet to come or have died, goodnight to you too! Moreover goodnight to animals of all kinds ! And rocks too !
I thank you all !!!! I thank myself !!! Thank you all !!! All of you I thank !!! So without further ado adieus and again goodnight !!! Unless you're reading this while in another part of the world then good day !!! To all !!! It was a fun round !!! Also you may read this at a different time, good night and thank you to you too !!! *Keeps on rambling until morning*
gtvwls8

Con

gtvwls8 forfeited this round.
gtvwls8

Con

gtvwls8 forfeited this round.
gtvwls8

Con

gtvwls8 forfeited this round.
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
Indeed I wanted to makes sure that no argument would be restrained :)
Posted by gtvwls8 6 years ago
gtvwls8
4 rounds? rly?
Posted by Logician 6 years ago
Logician
Is there any debate where one side of the argument doesn't have a burden of proof, even if that burden is just "show how the opponent's arguments don't stand"?
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
vardas0antrasgtvwls8Tied